Official : Next Patch In October

ive read the whole thread... all I saw was angry ppl like me with the same opinion about DLC and the expansion.

Coments removed. Please be careful regarding posting tone as well as your choice of words. Our rules regarding this can be refered to here.

Edited by gogoblender

I have mixed feelings. I do understand some of the frustration players are expressing, but the reasoning (to me, personally) is a little off.

First, there are people complaining about having to pay for new content (DLC) as if it's a new trend, instead of the standard it's been for...a decade? At least?

Also, there's the classic Stop adding new stuff until you fix the old stuff argument. While attempting to avoid beating a dead horse, the people of that perspective need to remember (or learn) that there are usually various "teams" of people working on different aspects of a game; in this context, patching current content and developing new content. While you can maybe make a moral argument focusing on the company adding new stuff while the old isn't perfect, there's nothing preventing them logistically from doing both simultaneously.

Honestly the thread (or the bit I forced myself to read) reads as nothing more than the typical responses to a typical situation laden with misunderstandings.

Edited by Sych

Id like to see some cool DLC, like maybe a friggen dwarf to play as...the one thing that the messed up on in this game was cutting out that character lol...and also some more patches to get rid of those stupid bugs too.

Well, I'm just glad that they're actually doing something with Sacred 2.

Either adding new content, or just fixing the game, Sacred now has some..."attention" on.

I would have to disagree with you Sych. I'm all about fixing the current problems before adding new problems. I will assume that you're playing on consoles, it looks like u haven't encountered too many bugs as of yet since, u would be definately on the same side as the many ppl complaining.

I honestly don't care if there are different teams working on different projects at Ascaron. It is obvious that making money is set at top priority, this is why the DLC and expansion are being worked on more than the bug fixing and patches. Explain to me why Europe got a patch last month and North America has to wait till october? 5 months to fix OBVIOUS bugs. it just seems to me that they don't care, I would think that before launching the game on consoles they would of at least tried the game before and noticed that blacksmithing doesnt work. then they would of worked and released a quick patch to fix it.

I play many games on my PS3. and most of the games that I buy on release date already have a patch to be installed when I get home and put the game in the ps3 for the first time.

BLIZZARD FTW

... Explain to me why Europe got a patch last month and North America has to wait till october? ...

BLIZZARD FTW

Well. Ascaron, a German company, writes the game in German. They release it in Germany first. They patch it. They patch it some more... and then they try to sell the more polished version of the game outside.

To compare a small company with a budget 1/100th the size of Blizzard's budget---much less resources to spend... and less still since the restructuring is unfair.

If you choose to play Sacred, you have to accept the warts along with the beauty... kind of like marriage. :unsure:

I would have to disagree with you Sych. I'm all about fixing the current problems before adding new problems. I will assume that you're playing on consoles, it looks like u haven't encountered too many bugs as of yet since, u would be definately on the same side as the many ppl complaining.

I honestly don't care if there are different teams working on different projects at Ascaron. It is obvious that making money is set at top priority, this is why the DLC and expansion are being worked on more than the bug fixing and patches. Explain to me why Europe got a patch last month and North America has to wait till october? 5 months to fix OBVIOUS bugs. it just seems to me that they don't care, I would think that before launching the game on consoles they would of at least tried the game before and noticed that blacksmithing doesnt work. then they would of worked and released a quick patch to fix it.

I play many games on my PS3. and most of the games that I buy on release date already have a patch to be installed when I get home and put the game in the ps3 for the first time.

BLIZZARD FTW

Ok, you're correct in assuming I play console, XBox360 specifically, and I'm well-aware of the various bugs, glitches, issues, and so-on this game suffers from. I've also played my share of RPGs, probably more I can think of off the top of my head, and many of those suffering from similar issues (especially in early lives of MMOs). Perhaps I've developed a resistance to seeing this kind of stuff; I accept as "coming with the territory" and unless something is truly game-breaking (preventing any sort of enjoyable play) I can usually at least tolerate it. I'm not suggesting this is the right way or what everyone "should do," I'm just defending my perspective.

I didn't say anybody (in that thread or otherwise) was stupid or wrong. It's impossible to on issues of subjective opinion anyway, but moving on. It just seems that many of those people (again, referencing the linked thread) are digging for reasons to sling mud at Ascaron, an entity they're unhappy with for one reason or another. This becomes questionable, to me, when people are identifying things like paying for DLC as a reason Ascaron is bad.

The localization thing between countries (fixing Europe's game before ours) is an entire other layer that's often more a legal or logistical issue as opposed to developers just being lazy or randomly deciding what to fix when and where.

Point being, I know the game has issues and I'm not trying to deny that. But either because it's well-known and played out at this point, or people are just more frustrated, instead of constructive criticism-type feedback, or just understanding, patience and toleration, you get threads like that more in the tone of Ascaron is bad, and here's why. I also find your reference to Blizzard interesting, considering Blizzard is notorious for going through its stages of controversy and forum-hate.

Edited by Sych

I'd just like to throw in my 2 cents here. I hear a lot of complaining from people about how the bugs and glitches need to be fixed and patched. Everyone is mostly making it sound like it's some really easy thing to fix and edit but programming is hard stuff. Trust me I know after only 2 courses of C++ programming. I'm not sure what code the Sacred series are written in but I'm assuming it's gotta be something high up there. Other than that I'm excited for us console players :)

Edited by ryanrocker1217

Hi everyone, this is a meaty topic, I'm just going to ask eveyrone, as almost everyone in this thread has done, to post "considered" remarks and exnay on the slights.

Please keep the thread on topic in a friendly way. We're a peculiar forum, and while we realize there are a lot of funny and "cool" ways to say things, being unkind at the expense of other people or sites isn't the way this community is being run.

I've already had to remove comments, and this is taking away from my game time! :)

Look for the sunshine in your posts, and we're all hoping to see some good, well-written insight.

:D

gogo

No, no, guys, dont listen to gogo, he knows nothing,

Just keep going at it...I like it. :)

Joking! Calm gogo...calm.

Your the most the most smartest person in the world! :D

But all in all, guys, atleast we're getting some stuff.

Ayup, that's how I see it too Kingy. I'm just greedy for the new toon, and want to see what the new stuff is going to do. If the expansion is half as fun as Underworld was, for better or worse, we're looking at a good time.

Course, I'll be bringing along me Raid!

:)

gogo

I'd just like to throw in my 2 cents here. I hear a lot of complaining from people about how the bugs and glitches need to be fixed and patched. Everyone is mostly making it sound like it's some really easy thing to fix and edit but programming is hard stuff. Trust me I know after only 2 courses of C++ programming. I'm not sure what code the Sacred series are written in but I'm assuming it's gotta be something high up there. Other than that I'm excited for us console players :)

FYI its programmed in C++, like 90% of all games are.

From my experience (I work as QA for a software company), New versions or big content updates akin to expansions or add-ons often contain bug fixes. Part of the QA process concerning an "add-on" is to test new functionality as part of the added content or program/game enhancements, but also to regression test. Regression testing means to test over existing defects reported in the code or server code that have been fixed for the new content. What it seems Ascaron is doing in this case is announcing both a game patch and add-on content.

As has been stated as well, software companies with longevity, almost always have two teams working equally diligent on the tasks of repairing existing defects and development of new content.

Also, as a QA person, I ask that you consider the fact that companies' decisions are often governed by several sources, be it partners, Executives, high-level managers, marketing, etc. QA often has no say in how a product is released, believe it or not. QA's job in a lot of companies is to simply catch as many defects as possible in the timeframe that the marketing team or partners or executives give them. Generally, as long as there's nothing totally ridiculous wrong, those non-QA teams choose to release even against QA's advice. Yeah, that's my "It's not all my fault" spiel.

I'm very happy that Ascaron is patching the game and releasing new content. Remember, companies need to make money to stay alive. It doesn't matter if they "care" or not. If they only ever fix existing problems they'll never make any more money. DLC is a revenue source and a lifeblood, especially for Ascaron.

Long live Ascaron! (I loved the Patrician series too) :agreed:

... Explain to me why Europe got a patch last month and North America has to wait till october? ...

BLIZZARD FTW

I'm pretty sure the patch for Europe was to update the game to the same version that was released in North America...... So that means if you had the North American version then you already had the same patch the day you bought the game.

There does seem to be a lot of jumping to conclusions in the linked thread.

No matter what happens they will always be wrong! They try to let us know they are releasing some new content, is that not a good thing? New content should not be confused with patching bugs from a current version.

For me though nothing is official until I am playing it and even then I may argue the point! :agreed:

I'm pretty sure the patch for Europe was to update the game to the same version that was released in North America...... So that means if you had the North American version then you already had the same patch the day you bought the game.

The Europe version of Sacred 2 for PS3 after the patch allows Co-Op same console trading. Much like the XBOX patch.

The US version of Sacred 2 for PS3 does NOT allow Co-Op same console trading.

So even if both US and Europe are same version (not sure if they are or not), the Europe version got a patch with fixes that the US version did not get.

Edited by MantisPR

Lol, id like them to add some DLC.

What would really be great for a future DLC is taking away the PvP and adding a coliseum for "gladiators" who fight IN it!

Anyone else agree?! That'd be awesome.

Like, barely anyone does PvP since it takes away your survival bonus, and is quite annoying at times, since a lot of people drink pots.

But yea, the coliseum idea is nuts, lol

Like, its a 4 way death match...

With the gates opening on each quarter of the coliseum...

And all hell breaks lose once someone steps right to the center!

*Dazes Off*

But such desire is never created.

The Europe version of Sacred 2 for PS3 after the patch allows Co-Op same console trading. Much like the XBOX patch.

The US version of Sacred 2 for PS3 does NOT allow Co-Op same console trading.

So even if both US and Europe are same version (not sure if they are or not), the Europe version got a patch with fixes that the US version did not get.

To my understanding the EU patch didn't "fix" anything it just added the off-line co-op trading. How bout we start fixing skills before you let me get that helm off my little brother. :drinks:

And not to sound like a whiney little schoolgirl but if EU was patched to be up to standard with NA then why can't NA off-line co-op trade. That's just a prime example of not addressing the issues at hand. All they did was dangle a pretty little new feature out there in hopes that we might forget that blacksmithing STILL DOESN'T WORK!! :drinks:

To my understanding the EU patch didn't "fix" anything it just added the off-line co-op trading. How bout we start fixing skills before you let me get that helm off my little brother. :woot:

US version 1.01

EU version 1.04

Here are notes for the patch the US players dont have. With things it claims it fixed. No blacksmith skill fix, but better than nothing at all.

18/06 : PS3 patch EU only

New features

•Support for downloadable content has been added

•Trading between two players on the same console is now possible

•Added the 'Find me' option to the leaderboard

Bugfixes

•A rare crash was located and fixed

•AI related problems during the final boss encounter were fixed

•The fourth player joining a multiplayer session now correctly gains the 'Group Hug' achievement

•Player characters sometimes were not able to move after teleporting with a mount. This has been fixed.

Additonal changes

•Improved player character responsiveness when using ranged weapons

•Improved player character responsiveness when using the Temple Guardians weapon arm

•Mounts will now appear along with the hero when joining a multiplayer session

•Medium potions will now drop for players of level 40 and above, major potions for players of level 80 and above

•Spiders using their web attack no longer cause graphical errors

•Some minor issues with voice chat and the block list have been fixed

•Some graphical issues with the world map have been corrected

•The inventory list will no longer scroll downwards when opened using the radial menu

•Action buttons are no longer shown when opening the radial menu and using the 'Static HUD' graphics option

•It is no longer possible to talk to friendly animals and hirelings

•It is no longer possible to talk to town NPCs in Spanish, Italian an Polish versions of 'Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel' since no localized voice data is available for these languages

•Players are now informed correctly when a controller is disconnected during gameplay

The patch includes more fixes, the list is showing the major ones.

I would like this patch before October! I have characters in two accounts so I can buy and blacksmith Niob difficulty level 5-20 gear to help out when ever it start a new character. Just can't trade it between accounts on 1 ps3. :yay: