Hate to say it...

But...Im getting bored of Sacred 2.

I just, ugh, I WANT to get back into it, I just can't.

Sometimes with me, I tend to have a "on and off" feeling with most games,

What can I do to get back into the game?

I also havent even beaten the story mode once...lol.

Take a break from it.

You're burning out. I'll assume you play a lot, or at least Sacred 2 is one of your most frequently played games, if not topping the list. Every video game I've considered good enough to invest hours upon hours upon months of game time in I've burned out on at some point. Some I take a break, maybe a week, maybe a year, and come back just as strong. Other times I feel I've got everything out of it I can and it never leaves the case again, destined to die at the bottom of the pile of games.

You can try playing something else for a while, but the risk is burning out on that and even gaming in general. Or read a book or something.

EDIT: Also, burning out is more common with games involving grinding, leveling, and such. There's a level of monotony with these games and sometimes playing too much magnifies this aspect to the point of fixation.

Edited by Sych

Heya,

-try something different.

When my toons get between 110 and 140 I get bored with em. Trying something entirely different does the trick for me. A build that I myself thought up, and is to be tried out....

good luck,

greetz

I played Sacred 1 for 4 years but I took several breaks during that time....too much of a good thing gets stale after awhile...I'd suggest playing another game for a bit and you'll get the urge to play Sacred 2 again...I took 3 months off to play Titan Quest before coming back to play S1...I thought I had done every build possible (that I liked) and couldn't think of anything else that would hold my interest.

So I started browsing the forums, looking at different build guides and stuff and I stumbled upon a post in German SIF about max world discovered percentage. That was enough to get my interest and I spent the next 3-4 months figuring it out and ended up getting the highest WD% that I know of.

So my suggestions is take a break but visit the forums and look thru the guides, I bet you'll find something at some point that will get you interested in playing again.

But...Im getting bored of Sacred 2.

I just, ugh, I WANT to get back into it, I just can't.

Sometimes with me, I tend to have a "on and off" feeling with most games,

I also havent even beaten the story mode once...lol.

Rather then state the same thing about trying a different game let me offer a different direction of suggestion. It is a beautiful summer outside. Float down a river on a inner tube, mountain bike through the mountains, learn to fly fish. I have tried to limit my self to only 10-15 hours of sacred 2 a week. It is tough because this game is very addicting. By forcing myself to go outside and enjoy real life it seems to make my limited time online more enjoyable.

Not trying to be preachy because I am a gamer at heart also just trying to offer a different perspective.

I'm going to chime in on what a few others here on this topic have said. Sacred 2 is one of the most engrossing games every built. It mimics important parts of mmorpgs, but is free. This in itself is compelling value. Is there really anything else in life that's more important? :drinks:

But seriously, there's sun outside, grass to roll in , and bbq's to attend. Gaming is great, but so are all the other parts in our lives. Kingy, I'd suggest maybe just hanging out on forums like Knuckles said he did, and which I knew a few of us did as well. I've found that my interest stays going because I can move from forum to wiki to game. The three seem to be keeping me on my toes regarding the game, and it's still the only game I'm playing now.

Maybe think of hooking up with console clan if you can get hold of a good one?

:drinks:

gogo

Yea, well, thanks for the suggestions guys,

About going outside and being healthy and all that, I do go to the gym from time to time...just wanted to say that :drinks:

But yea, ill do more stuff that isnt gaming, so I can crave for more gaming.

I have a good dozen or more games that I fade in and out of playing (not including whatever flavour of the day/week/month/year that shows up), cycling between them every once in a while, obsessing over it until the craving fades then moving on to whatever dragged me away from it... then ending up back there eventually.

So I know the feeling, but by alternating games, you can play the ones you love, and never get truly sick and burn out on it.

Going outside and doing stuff is for woosies :Just_Cuz_21:

Your a gamer at heart....embrace it. :yay:

If you haven't yet played online give that a go.

......and if you have played online then try Hardcore.

......and if you are playing Hardcore and are bored......there is no hope for you. :(

Lol, guys, I have just downloaded WoW : WoTLK and im still bored.

Lol, its funny because I just tend to get really bored when im good at games.

Like, WoW, Level 70, yet now I can level to 80. =)

Lol, guys, I have just downloaded WoW : WoTLK [...]

That's like getting bored of hot dogs and eating microwaved bologna instead.

haha! :blush:

Well, a lot has actually changed in WOTLK,

my talents got restarted >.<, and now im like, confused, since I never played in like a year lol

I know with games such as these I get burned out as well, but I end up going back to them at some point. I still play Diablo 2 and Sacred from time to time - Drop in 30-40 hours at a pop every few months. It'll come back.

Edited by obie191970

Hey guys, just signed up and was reading through some posts as I'm so ridiculously bored at "work". This is a good one, and I agree with a few above in that I get serious ADD with games sometimes, I'l even turn something on that I haven't played for ages and got a sudden urge for, then 20 minutes later turned it off and just been like, MEH!

But sacred 2, being honest, I haven't had a chance to get bored with. With my girl 80% living at my place, most evenings already filled and work during day times, I end up really making the most of when I get to play. I got a level 51 HE and just started an inquisitor as I'v read that they are quite hard to do! Probably one of the most important characters to plan with if you don't want to die every 3 minutes! And if you are like me, I chose Ker as my deity, summoned the demon at the very start to see what it looked like, then died within seconds of it turning against. Made me laugh!

Anyways if I ever get anywhere with my inquisitor I'll post some stuff up!

-Mr T

Hey guys, just signed up and was reading through some posts as I'm so ridiculously bored at "work". This is a good one, and I agree with a few above in that I get serious ADD with games sometimes, I'l even turn something on that I haven't played for ages and got a sudden urge for, then 20 minutes later turned it off and just been like, MEH!

But sacred 2, being honest, I haven't had a chance to get bored with. With my girl 80% living at my place, most evenings already filled and work during day times, I end up really making the most of when I get to play. I got a level 51 HE and just started an inquisitor as I'v read that they are quite hard to do! Probably one of the most important characters to plan with if you don't want to die every 3 minutes! And if you are like me, I chose Ker as my deity, summoned the demon at the very start to see what it looked like, then died within seconds of it turning against. Made me laugh!

Anyways if I ever get anywhere with my inquisitor I'll post some stuff up!

-Mr T

Welcome Joe !

Wow, You and I are so much alike, haha ! :ninja:

One of those games that gives me a rush is Viking : Battle For Asgard.

Once I put the game in, and play for about 15 mins, I instantly turn off my console.

I dont know why, but its what I, and to the looks of it, what other people do as well.

Its kinda a bittersweet feeling :(

Edited by Kingy

Update guys, haha,

I haven't touched Sacred 2 within a month... :)

I find it funny how I am always on the forums though :P

Sacred 2 isn't as fun as the forums, I must say :)