Patch 2.43 for the PC version online today

Yay! A Patch!

The changes look great. And the "fps gain" that Viper talked about seems awesome!

I just read the patch topic on the SIF :

-The patch "improved" the game for half of the players.

-The patch made the game unplayable for the other half of the players.

Anyone having major problems with the patch? I'm not sure if I should install it... (I'll probably install it anyway, I just can't wait :P)

Max

* Rings and Amulets have all changed (mine are useless now)

In what way have they changed?

I just checked mine and all seems fine.

In fact so far nothing much has changed for me.

All potions are there and no noticeable increase in fps.

Game runs just the same as before.

Edited by stubbie

I'm in!

Wooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

I'm running Vista 64 Bit. Patch took about the time to make a cup of coffee, and zippety click I got into the servers, and am there right now. I'm in playing with Max, if anyone wants to join up, we've got complimentary Pad Thai.

Server Name:

[D.a.r.k] Matters - The Stars My Destination

:P

gogo

p.s.

No crash yet

Three rings changed so far as I can tell...one of them a Double Deathblow ring, 40.7 percent...owch ...and level 44 too, waaah :)

Nice sounds when yer setting up combos...more of a kathunky, deep, I like it.

Buffs sound different when you activate them, more of a ringing resonance..is this some of Sacred 2's Sonic Master at work? ^^

Will report more as we keep playing

I also saw a change. For example, my Inquisitor went from 75% deathblow down to 48, because all rings with deathblow I socketed in the armor, in the helmet and the ones on my char were replaced by different ones. The ring with +3 all skills/+19% deathblow was also gone.

Still, I expected such problems with the patch :P

I also saw a change. For example, my Inquisitor went from 75% deathblow down to 48, because all rings with deathblow I socketed in the armor, in the helmet and the ones on my char were replaced by different ones. The ring with +3 all skills/+19% deathblow was also gone.

Still, I expected such problems with the patch :P

Ayuh, my dblow took a hit...guess where I'll be spending a lot of time tonight... Sacred 2 Shopping here ah come ^^

:)

gogo

I guess I should have read this before getting frustrated that there were no servers available.

Wow, after reading the comments here I can't wait to see if I've got a big FPS increase. Also, I can't wait to see if my rings have been affected.

Didn't really notice an increase in FPS...quite the opposite. Movement was a bit jerky...was never like that before. I'll have to reboot the computer and see what happens.

Like the new & improved buff sounds. Played my inquisitor and my seraphim. Now there is a sound when I shut down my buffs. Also, selling items sounds different as well. It seems like there were subtle changes to the buff display as well. Could be my imagination, though.

Now we are able to disable screen shake? Who would want to turn that off? That was the best thing about using a big hafted weapon.

The patchnotes are not showing all the changes. One of the undocumented changes is the savegames compatibility preparation for the addon.

This is the most important line in my eyes. Sacred2 saves item properties not with a certain bit set or unset for a certain property. It is using lists. The Addon will bring a new class which needs new properties. So the lists had to be sorted new, because old lists had not enough room for new stuff.

Like simple example:

List1 (all skill, reg per hit, experience rate, toss from horse) List2 ( x% damage, blocking, evasion, toss from horse)

So if the random numbers are 1,3 it will be all skills together with evasion. And 3,1 would be experience rate and damage.

Only these numbers and the number of the lists are saved.

If the AddOn needs properties like dragonaspectA and dragonaspectB they had to be put in existing lists:

List1 (all skill ,reg per hit, DragonA, DragonB) List2(x% damage, blocking, evasion,reflection)

The allSkill/Evasion would stay, but the expRate/damage would turn into a DragonA/damage.

Thats is a quite simple explanation. So some combinations have changed with 2.43. Some because of new sorted lists and some because developers thought that stuff like expRate/x%damage was too powerful.

The good thing however is that patch 2.43 brought the new save-file format already. So the AddOn shouldn't change items again. Hopefully they reworked the lists so that changing randomized items at a patch will not occur in future patches again.

What exactly is the problem? If it's that the games keeps shutting down for no reason there is a work-around on the english forum..

Easier to diagnose if you mention the problem first, translations always leave something lacking from personal experience with them.

I have the same crash on that same dll.

The problem is that the sound make crackled noise and after I play 1-2 minutes it crashes to desktop\

Edit:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...p;postcount=115

I found this since I do have Win7 64-bit 7201 build... but to shame, since no compatibility mode was needed with previous patch

Edited by Spyrus

If you read the FYI: Updating thread on the English side of SIF the workaround is there (as your link shows), however if you look further into the thread towards the last 2 pages specifically there's some theorizing by Shorty and myself about what exactly is causing the new issue. (In short, bad executable memory managers that don't work under 64-bit APIs

If you read the FYI: Updating thread on the English side of SIF the workaround is there (as your link shows), however if you look further into the thread towards the last 2 pages specifically there's some theorizing by Shorty and myself about what exactly is causing the new issue. (In short, bad executable memory managers that don't work under 64-bit APIs

I'm not running 64-bit.. I wasn't having any problems with this game running 32-bit, until I installed this U.S. 2.43 PATCH......IF you have any other suggestions...I'm all ears........... By the way.. I'm on the American side,and our version Patch isn't worth a poop. IF---there's a real work-around that actually works...let me know... And, let all of the people on Sacred2 Forum also... There's quite a lot of them..after this "patch". If--you would be so kind, direct me to the "link" that shows how to "fix" this patch problem(s).

Where's this "link"... please, be so kind as to "show" me actually where it is. me Joe

Edited by gogoblender

Actually the solution to it that seems to have helped in virtually every case I've seen:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...p;postcount=115

Was already posted here.

All the issues on SIF seem to be related to 64-bit so if you have a non 64-bit issue it isn't something that's shown up on SIF.

So not because I wouldn't want to help, but since your problem isn't the one that everyone I've seen is complaining about, I'd suggest posting about it on SIF and asking for help, ideally with a dxdiag attached since that will be the first thing you're asked for, other than details of what went wrong.

I did the shortcut modification with Compatibility mode and it is ok now.

Many of my rings have changed in this patch (I am just confirming it)

Sounds are different when activating buffs.

Please Sign In or Sign Up