Hybrid Pyro Melee High Elf Build.

Cbarra

Hello, and this is my first time posting here. I have been playing for a little while now, mostly solo, and thought I would drop this here for you guys to see what I have been scheming. Please be gentle, as all criticism is welcome.

Hybrid High Elf (Arrant Pyromancer)

Philosophy Behind The Build and Disclaimer

Disclaimer - I am generally new to the online community of Sacred 2, formerly playing in a solo environment, almost completely free of advice or interaction. It is with this that I officially state that this build is not a copy of something that someone else has birthed. Atleast not to my knowledge.

Philosophy - Generally this game is comprised of character selections that are Cookie-cutter in nature and play heavily into the intent of the Dev. Team. With this build I hope to think in an alternate manner, and possibly create something that indeed draws on a a particular class' strengths, but in a different way. The basic concept of this High Elf build is focused around being melee capable, with standard attacks, and using Buffs/Combat Arts to bolster crowd control and survivability effectiveness. Stacking melee power and using Incendiary Shower to stun almost all advancers makes for a great potential hybrid class. Also, for those more magic saavy, but that still want to melee, you can go the route of 3 buffs, including Fire Demon, and allow for greater damage from Incendiary Shower.

Stat Point Distribution

For the sake of this build, it is very wise to allocate 100% Vitality. Other possible options would be 50% Strength/Vitality, 100% Strength, or some balanced variation between Willpower and Vitality. I am choosing 100% Vitality to mesh well with Grand Invigoration.

Skill - Skill Point Distribution

1. Concentration.png Concentration - 1 or 75

2. Constitution.png Constitution - 75 or 200

9. Speed Lore.png Speed Lore - 75*

10. Delphic Arcania Focus.png Delphic Arcania Focus - 75*

Tweaks can be made to the Lore and Focus levels to spare more points, especially early on. Further points after this allocation can be placed just about anywhere, but I suggest Constitution, Armor Lore, Shield Lore, and Sword Weapons for further gear bonuses and survivability.

Basically this skill allocation is for overall effectiveness. Many would probably argue against Speed Lore, but the massive increases to Attack and Defense Ratings does wonders for a class that is otherwise lacking in mastery of these areas. Delphic Arcania Focus is simply to eat more runes and get the full levels from them, further enhancing the regen effect. Seeing as how this is a mastery type effect, I don't really see it being a requirement until leaving Silver, which is 60, so it fits well being the last skill learned. The Focus will allow for plenty of regen to be had with only a level 10 Grand Invigoration or so due to it's % increase works for the regen the same way that it does for damage. Speed Lore is also a mastery of sorts, therefore I didn't see it being needed until 50, because gear should be able to handle the attack needs, and no matter how you try and get around it, you will have to play cautious until at least level 30 or so, thereby negating the immediate need of the defense value.

Other possible options to the skills marked include:

Bargaining - Gear flexibility.

Enhanced Perception - Magic find.

Alchemy - For potion effectiveness and usage of trophies.

Pacifism - If you PvP, though this build is centered around PvM.

Spell Resistance - If you find yourself eating lots of elemental damage, which shouldn't be a problem.

Ancient Magic - Another possible option to fuel the magic end of the spectrum, but since the Incendiary Shower is mainly for stunning purposes, I would deduce that it is the weaker option versus Tactics Lore.

Combat Art Selection - Rune Consumption

Incandescent Skin - 1 is safe for a long time until you can safely balance the recast of Incendiary Shower. Eat more as the cast time

of Incendiary Shower becomes more manageable, or leave at 1 point permenantly.

-Inferno or Combusting Arrows

-Revenge

-Fiery Ardor

Grand Invigoration - Eat your heart out.

-Arrant Pyromancer Expertise

-Life Energy

-Resilience

Incendiary Shower - Eat as many as you would like, balancing the recast at a maximum of 5-6 seconds.

-Skull Smash

-Continuity

-Intensity

Fire Demon* - Tough call here, but I would say, focus on recast balancing, as I have said many times already, and then eat them 1 at a time to raise his level.

Fire Demon is an option to those who wish to master Concentration and make use of it' (the pet) magic effectiveness.

Mount Details

The Windserpent is easily the better choice over the Horse option, with the selection of the type being the struggle. You can choose the general option for better defensive purposes, or, if you choose to stack heavier on the damage of Incendiary Shower, you can choose the Arrant Pyromancer option.

Gear Choices

Swords:

Excalibran - Probably one of the best overall choices due to it's decent damage and inherent mage-like bonuses, albeit extremely hard to find.

Flame Smiter - A Solid choice given the overwhelming weight on fire in this build. Medium rarity level.

Boneslicer - Since this isn't, and cannot be, a Dual Wield build, Boneslicer offers some nice bonuses since we will be taking Swords to a mastery level. Also, a very easy weapon to obtain where the other mentioned weapons are not.

Sword Of The Blood Dryads - Just an overall good sword that does wondrous damage if you drop low on health.

Romuil's Tears - Another good option due to the inherent fire damage that gets bonuses from Fiery Ardor.

Kernforce's Cutlass - Another Fiery Ardor Option.

Illeas' Dirk - I have saved 2 of these myself, one at level 15 and another at 30~ to test out completely when I remake this character on the MP servers. Seems like a good choice as it comes with IAS and Attack and is a dagger so it is naturally in a higher speed tier. Also, it is good to note that it comes with fire damage, a huge plus, and that it is DEX based damage, therefore making it a higher modified weapon due to HE DEX being higher than Strength.

As you can see, mainly you want to focus on a sword that has inherent Fire Damage, which allows you to make use of Fiery Ardor.

Overview

In summary, this class would be mounted and would operate much the way a melee standard would. You would cast Incendiary Shower, modded for stun, on yourself, which would stall your adversaries and allow for overall greater damage potential. After doing this you would basically just target, click, and swing away at your opponent one at a time. Stacking fire damage and burn bonuses, in conjunction with Damage Lore, will allow for a decent method with which to kill bosses. All in all, this isn't a build that is supposed to be broken in terms of power, or that can clear the screen of foes in mere seconds. It in simply something I thought up, that I have been experimenting with, that offers a fun alternative to the usual High Elf builds. Please note, however, that if you attempt this build, it will more than likely need to be tweaked to stand a chance in PvP. The potential is there, but would require a bit more finesse, and a greater weight on more mage-like skills.

As I obtain criticism and suggestions I will try and update this to show a wider perspective and broader array of options.

Thank you.

Edited by gogoblender

You want to play with left click attacks and not with magic coup?

Because sooner or later Magic Coup will be usable as a standard attack when its regeneration is shorter than its animation.

You want to play with left click attacks and not with magic coup?

Because sooner or later Magic Coup will be usable as a standard attack when its regeneration is shorter than its animation.

There is definitely room in this build for Magic Coup, and personally, I will probably use it. The problem, however, with Magic Coup, is the lack of ability to Burn your opponent and the natural lack of damage when compared to a Tactics mastered swing. There is virtually no way to increase the damage outside of DAL and even then I am not entirely sure that it would be worth using, atleast against bosses. It has some utility against larger groups, namely with the splash and life leech, but the splash is relatively weak and the life leech even weaker, even buffed. In theory I think it was a great skill, but they short changed it by not allowing it to proc DoTs and by not allowing it to increase in damage from either Tactics Lore, or Ancient Magic.

Also, as crazy as it seems, just left clicking, it is relatively easy to get your normal attack speed capped, and when you're using a weapon with some fire conversion, the burn chance and increased damage from Incandescent Skin should more than make up for the small speed penalty of not using Magic Coup. The main idea is to stack that Physical and Fire damage high enough to 2-3 shot most mobs, and use Incendiary Shower to Stun them repeatedly and slow them down.

I haven't tested this character outside of silver, and it does have the potential to fail, however, Due to the overwhelming focus on regen and the usefulness of Incendiary Shower to heighten survivability, I have not faced a situation where I was even close to near death, except for instances on 2.40 when I reflected too much juice at myself.

If I am mistaken about not being able to stack DoTs and Elemental Damage on Coup, then by all means, let me know, it just didn't seem that way when I previously tested it.

Personally I dislike to aim at each monster individual. With magic coups stray damage you aim at the champion in a group, and the moment it dies its group normally had died already because of stray damage

My old melee elf had tactics lore to unlock polearms. She was a tri-focus elf:

tactics, speed lore, polearms

arcane-, storm- and fire-focus, concentration and arcane lore

armour and constitution

Dexterity polearms can have a high amount on natural fire damage which can be boosted from fire buffs. I had magic coup way above malus at a regeneration time of 2 seconds, so I did like 2 normal hits on one magic coup. The magic coup stray damage was able to kill a whole group except champions. Following 2 normals hits killed the champ. The chance of stray damage climbs with level in magic coup. The life leech is like +x life leech per magic coup level which is then multiplied by arcane lore bonus.

I think the ratio of normal hit to magic coup was 12000 normal to 38000 magic coup damage at niob.