Sacred 2 Guide - Celestial Technobabe by soldats

intro-

first off, this guide isn't meant to look pretty. I don't have the time/patience to be doctoring up my text so you can see pretty colors and pictures.

secondly, some of you may know me from the sif. some of you do not know me at all. it matters not. only keep this one thing in mind...my aim is to create tried and true non cookie cutter builds that thrive in the hardest/most difficult conditions and come out victorious. I also only play closednet hc, so all my builds stress survivability, but in a passive sense, allowing you to focus on playing offensively.

a disclaimer...all my builds, once they reach 150, are retired from play. I've been asked numerous times why I don't go for 200. why not? because there is no difference between 150 and 200 except that you do more damage and gain less experience, while spending a month or more working to get there. the grind is not for me. getting to 150, which I consider commendable since the majority of players in hardcore never even see 140+ due to death or boredom, is enough.

this is a build I was toying around with a few months ago. I wanted to create a 'valkyrie' type of seraphim, that is, using polearms and lightning-based attacks. needless to say, I abandoned that project in lieu of a pure caster once I entered the testing phase of Combat Arts. perhaps I will pick it up again, or someone else can.

this build is unique in several ways:

1- single buff

2- no general skills

3- no mount

4- effective Area of Effect

5- effective single target damage

6- no melee

7- NO BFG

8- immortality

so you're probably looking down that list and you'll notice that some of those properties I listed are moot/not unique to my build. I must step in and say that yes, while every build strives for effective Area of Effect/single target damage and immortality, many many fail at achieving all three. most builds are heavy Area of Effect with less single target effectiveness or vice versa. what I offer here is the closest you will get to 50/50 with extreme killing speed in both Area of Effect and single targets, in which I think few builds truly achieve. so in essence, these properties are indeed, unique to my builds.

skills-

02- revered technology lore[75]

03- celestial magic lore[75]

05- revered technology focus[75]

08- celestial magic focus[75]

12- armor lore[75]

18- constitution[75]

25- shield lore[1]

35- warding energy lore[1]

50- combat discipline[75]

65- toughness[75]

this build requires that all but wel and shield lore reach mastery and no more. if you would like to continue to boost damage through maxing out cd or rtl/rtf; cml/cmf, go ahead.

masteries-

foci are required to raise the maximum level of Combat Arts without penalty and to lower regen times.

lores increase crit, execution speed and damage.

armor lore to unlock all channel dm.

constitution is for in combat hp regen.

cd for -20% global regen and damage boost.

toughness for an extra 9% all channel dm.

****note****

this build at 152[I know, breaking my own rule, but it's my rule to break] will achieve enough extra skill points to master shield lore, which gives near 35% close combat blocking with a non lore shield. it will DRAMATICALLY increase defensive capability to the point of immortality. I will explain later.

if you opt out of shield lore, stick the extra 70odd skill points somewhere else.

attributes-

I follow this template I developed for all my characters.

1-49- 1vit

50-149- 1vit/1sta

150-200[if you get to 200]- 1vit/2sta

why stamina? why not int for casters or str/dex for weapon users? because anything other than sta is misleading. an often overlooked property of Combat Arts is their modification scaling based on ca level. the only way to effectively raise these modifiers' values is to raise Combat Arts, which means incurring a higher regen penalty. sta reduces penalties, so much so that I strive to find +sta on gear and make it a high priority. even over vit. str/dex/int does not allow for rune consumption, only to raise damage without respect to ca level. example- archangel's wrath mod explosive. if left at ca level 1[realistic...maybe 20], the chance for Area of Effect is less, but damage is increased through the proper weapon attribute, str or dex. if pumping sta, you can increase the damage of aw, while indirectly raising the chance for Area of Effect until it is 100%. a caveat...once you reach the point of penalty because you've eaten too many runes past what your focus dictates, raising str/dex/int will benefit you more than sta, but that is for advanced players with intimate knowledge of their character and her gear and specific playstyle.

combat arts-

aspect: celestial magic-

baneful smite[bs; disarm, confuse, electrocute]

this is your debuffer. The bronze and gold mods are inconsequential. what you’re looking for is the ability to spam the ca as fast as you can with the confuse mod. if used on bosses, they can have a 0% chance to hit you. however, the tradeoff is that you won’t be able to use your other ca’s for killing speed. I personally do NOT use this as a debuffer, instead I use it as a lure to bring far off enemies to me out of sheer laziness. the unlimited range on the ca offers great sniping opportunities if you choose to make this a damaging ca. keep this at .3sec/regen.

radiant pillar[rp; hypnosis, brightness, ordeal]

this is your Area of Effect setup. on its own, it does considerable dot, however, dot is not effective, fast killing. the only important mods are the bronze and silver mods. hypnosis brings everything within a certain radius to the center of the rp and brightness increases the Area of Effect range. eventually, one rp can cover and hypnotize an entire screen's worth of enemies. keep this = fn's regen time.

hallowed restoration[hr; recuperation, master healer, antidote]

while this ca gives many players the impression of immortality, it doesn't and those players are wrong in thinking so. all this ca does is heal you at a considerable rate, given the bronze and silver mods. the gold mod isn't important. what this ca does is give you the ability to heal back 100% of your hp in one second. the drawback? if something one-shots you, hr is going to do squat, so no, it does not offer immortality. it's more of a convenience ca, so you won't have to carry healing potions[more room for loot]. eventually, you won't have to use this at all because your dm will be high enough to mitigate most blows, even boss ones. keep this under 1sec/regen.

cleansing brilliance[cr; distract, purify, eagerness]

this is your one-off buff for undead situations. only the silver and gold mods are important. use it in the swamp when you want to run around watching stuff drop in one pulse. champions included. the mist of miasma is a piece of cake with this buff on, as is indicated in my video.

aspect: revered technology-

archangel's wrath[aw; salvo, explosive, vulnerable]

this is your single target killer. only the bronze and silver mods are important. salvo to increase overall damage[indirectly, db] and explosive to take care of groups resistant to magic damage. this is the only ca that is weapon-based. meaning that the damage is affected by your weapon's base damage and chance to hit is important. if you want as an alternative, try keeping a stronger base 1h weapon on switch for using this ca, but keep in mind that when you switch off, you'll lose the +ca from tinwora's, so any 1h you find should give you more aw damage, otherwise just use tinwora's. keep this at .3~.5sec/regen.

flaring nova[fn; impulse, stun, flux]

finally, the other shining gem of the technobabe. this is your mob killer and all three mods are important. rp's hypnosis draws them into the center and fn wipes all mobs out. keep this at .6sec/regen.

warding energy[we; projectile reflection, magic mirror, block]

the mainstay buff. all three mods are important, although newer players might opt for field force as it is more player friendly in the early stages of the game. this buff is completely worthless until the end of platinum. I don't suggest even using it until then. why? it will increase your regen times for all other Combat Arts, while it goes down in a few hits. once certain skills are mastered with certain gear, this buff really shines. until then you're better off without it. I'm serious. it's a total late bloomer, but once it does, it guarantees invulnerability, ie immortality.

gear-

anyone who tells you that a character is more/less gear dependent in comparison to another character is lying to you. every character is gear dependent no matter if anyone tells you otherwise. walking out less than optimally geared makes your character weak and less likely to kill at fast speeds. it doesn't matter if you're playing a da dryad or a gt high elf. gear is 50% of your character.

•helm- helmet of the seraish[set; origin of the seraish]

+all ca, +wil and 2 sockets[1 bronze, 1 silver]

•shoulders- gown of the celestial[set; revelation of the seraphim]

+all channel dm, +rp, +sta and 1 socket[1 gold] absolutely beautiful shoulder armor. you can instead choose a rare piece with scaling all channel dm and 2 sockets, but with 3 pieces of this set, you gain scaling +sta.

•torso- garment of the celestial[set; revelation of the seraphim]

+all channel dm and 2 sockets[1 silver, 1 gold]. again, beautiful piece of armor. there are rares that exist that would outright beat this torso, but with the scaling +sta and cohesive look of the set, I believe this is optimal.

•sleeves- wristguards of dusk[twilight of the gods]- thanks dobri

3 sockets[1 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold]. customize to meet any other areas where you are weak. if you need more db, this is a good place to stick it. if you need more all skills, etc, etc.

•gloves- +%dmg, +aspect: xx, +ca[not all ca, but specific ones], +atk value, +cast speed[rare]

there are no truly amazing set gloves so find yourself a rare pair of gloves with 1 socket and +19 aw or +%dmg or something useful.

•belt- braid of the celestial[set; revelation of the seraphim]

+sta, +hr, 2 sockets[1 bronze, 1 silver]. the third piece of the revelation set that will give you the scaling +sta. with the native +sta on this piece, I was able to reach over +250 sta. incredible. bonus points for being a thong. killing while fashionably dressed is always in style.

•pants- sofia's protection[set; twilight of the gods]

again use these to customize to your needs. there aren't any really good set legs and the rares I have found are lacking in native properties, however, that does not exclude their use. I just personally have not found any useful ones and I know they exist. you can substitute any 3socket pants here, but I thought these looked the best.

•boots- +aspect: xx, +run speed, +evade[rare]

no good set boots exist. try to find a rare piece with +aspect, run speed and 1 socket.

•wings- wings of revenge[set; infinite revenge]

+def skills, +run speed, -opponent's chance to evade, 2 sockets[1 silver, 1 gold]

these wings are precious. when I look into my personal stash, I see a new set of wings every 15 levels because I refused to use anything else. all the properties on these wings are beneficial to your character and especially the -opponent's chance to evade as aw requires atk value to land hits. another option is to use endijian's wings[dobri] to boost all channel dm.

•shield[1]- close combat[cc] blocking, +aspect: xx, +def skills, +experience[!], +physical dm[rare]

with 1 point into shield lore and around +150 all skills, you can be sure that you're cc blocking will reach 80%+. try to aim for 2 sockets.

•shield[2]- glacial defender[unique] ***see below***

+all channel dm, 1 socket[1 gold]

•weapon- tinwora's curse[unique]

+all ca, -regen, +casting speed, 2 sockets[2 gold]. this is the best 1h caster weapon that is widely available. the new epic 1h might rival this due to +int%, but it won't give you the scaling bonus to ca mods.

•jewelry- any combination of +all skill, all ca, -opponent's chance to evade, +chance opponent cannot evade, +db, +dmg, +aspect: xx, +attribute, +def skill

any sockets you find in your gear should be socketed with a combination of said jewelry and niobium blacksmith arts[bs arts] until you reach an equilibrium of dmg vs regen.

setup-

everything I alluded to before probably sounded confusing, but I will explain it all here. check out my guide on dm before you go any further....http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry6854478 yes, I know it's a lot of reading, but I am extremely meticulous and anyone failing to meet my level of care shouldn't be surprised if they die or lose their character. there's a reason why details are important to me and all my characters.

so with toughness, all channel dm from gear[shield lore mastery + glacial defender optional] and even some from we, it is possible to reach nigh 80% dm. that is absolutely insane. that means that of all the damage that is able to make it past 40% block, evade and reflect, only 20% of it will affect you, which is like bringing a level 60 to bronze and letting a kobold hit you. with constitution mastery, your hp regen should be high enough to shrug off all hits, even boss hits. the infrequent use of hr will patch up bigger hits if you're afraid you're going to die. even if you opt out of shield lore mastery, you can then achieve 85% cc blocking with 65% dm. that's trading in some dm for much higher cc block, but that is your decision. I don't particularly value avoidance all that much, so I choose 80% dm with 40% cc block. either way, you will be immortal.

important properties to find on rare gear- max energy shields +xx%, absorption warding energy +xx%

these two are needed until your shields are high enough to take a beating in a 5man niob game, the hardest way to play this game. I wouldn't suggest having absorption warding energy at 100%, as is noted in my dm guide. 80/20 is much more efficient.

playstyle-

quite easy.

combo 1- rp>fn

use to draw mobs in and flatten them to the ground

combo 2- aw

spam for boss killing

combo 3- bs

spam for sniping/debuffing/luring

ca slot 4- hr

hr does not activate healing in a combo when exiting a cave. it's a bug and I don't know if it's been reported yet, but I noted it in a couple threads at the sif before being banned.

•while it is repetitive, think about how every other character levels, but spamming Combat Arts. this is no different, only you'll be using a multitude of Combat Arts instead of only one or two.

•I refuse to use bfg, as it is an ugly weapon and a noobstick unworthy of advanced players. if you want to use it, this build is not for you as it violates the stipulation I laid down in the intro as being non cookie cutter.

•no melee aspect as everyone seems to pair up ew with either cm or rt. this is the only pure cm/rt build that I am aware of. on top of that, it is effective at all areas of play in the game, tested in a 5man niob game. she can handle anything solo.

•being mountless means indirectly increasing your damage. I won't need to explain this as it is pretty apparent why.

leveling-

I think I am correct when most players start off using weapons to kill enemies. while I am opposed to this, there is no reason you can't do so. myself, I am a purist and once I have a build in mind, I make sure to play it all the way through no matter the difficulties or ease.

with this particular build you will be able to rock mobs right off the bat with the Area of Effect Combat Arts.

•lvls1-15- you don't need a shopper for your gear as you will soon outgrow it. spend some time going around to different merchants and try to buy any gear with sockets. the more the better. you'll stuff these with the ENHANCE bs arts. the higher the -regen, the better. I believe that belts can naturally spawn -regen as a native property, so a belt with that and 2 sockets is probably the best thing you'll find besides +sta helms and torso. once you have these pieces of gear equipped, eat 1 fn, 1 rp, 1 hr and 1 aw rune. don't worry about your buff. you won't need it/it won't be useful until level 75-90. now go out to sloeford and head west to western tyr lysia and start gathering groups of 4-6 kobolds. hopefully, combo1 will have a regen time of about 3~7 seconds. with that, you should be able to spend 10 seconds gathering a group, then 3~7 smashing them. repeat over and over. keep yourself close to a cave so when you do level, you can enter/exit and reset the levels of monsters in proportion to your own. it should take you 20~40 minutes to reach 15.

•lvls16-35- this is the prime time for set farming/fast leveling. I believe that 2-3 white griffin kills will net you a level, so if you set up a run...white griffin>wild boar>holos, you can level once in each game up until about 30~ then it'll take a little more. hopefully, by that time, you'll have gained a nice stash full of sets...the most important of which are ones with high number of sockets and are of the ones I listed in the gear section. if you don't end up with favorable pieces, at least keep in mind that you'll soon outgrow these anyway, and that they definitely have better stats than the level 1 gear you've been using. fully upgrade these set pieces with any +skills jewelry/bs arts and get ready for the next step. keep all your rune consumption to nil. everything should be at ca level 1. your regen times for fn and rp should be close to 2-5 seconds

•lvls36-60- this is where things start falling into place. you'll get a feel for how the character is doing and you'll also notice what you lack. if killing speed becomes a problem, try to find/socket +ca jewelry. BUT. keep it to a minimum or you'll blow regen times out of proportion. another alternative is to start looking for db jewelry. realistically, 40% is the highest you'll be able to go without sacrificing too much in the way of enhance bs arts. spend some time in the jungle, swamp and dryad island for the first 15 levels after 35. once you near 55-60, start doing some great machine runs and if you want to test your mettle, try out the nameless guardians. be sure to keep modding your Combat Arts as you dump points into the ca skills. the use of hr really starts to shine at the end of silver when the bosses hit harder. try to spam it 2-4 times before engaging in boss fights.

•lvls61-100- congrats, you've made it to gold. now repeat what you just did for levels 16-60. only, try to spend some time with the forest guardian. if you can finish him off in under 40 seconds, enter the nearby cave and exit. he'll respawn and this will allow you to find many many set pieces as well as rares from him. he is relatively easy if your aw is under .8 sec. make sure you have at least 40% db and use bs to lure him to your location. alternate time spent looking for sets with straight leveling, as sets only change every 15 levels. if you've spent your skill points right, at 75, you can mastery 3 skills. I'll let you decide which are most important to you. at 80, you should be able to mastery a 4th skill, and by 90~100, your 5th skill. also, another change is the ability for your we to be of use. by that, I mean I hope 1 of your 5 mastered skills is armor lore, giving you all channel dm, which makes we much better than it was before. eat 1 rune of we and make a test suit by socketing we runes into old set gear to find out where you're comfortable having your ca regens vs total shield energy at. by now, you'll also be able to eat a few of your ca runes, although I prefer to keep them at 1 and boost through +ca jewelry myself. it is your choice.

•lvls101-150- if you've made it this far, pat yourself on the back. it wasn't fast, but it was fun. hopefully, you'll have something that resembles ms. grandcross in her video.

•lvls151-200- if you've made it this far, you're a more dedicated player than I am. nothing changes from 100-200, except that you'll spend more time leveling than anything else. rune consumption shouldn't be an issue now that you've got a handle on how your character works. I would suggest plenty of nameless and forest guardian runs for nice rares if you don't have a shopper. hey, maybe you could even make a video and post it for other to see....

this is the video I created with the build above:

one last thing:

gogo, if you would like to 'pretty' up the guide with links and pictures to the wiki as I know you are wont to do, that's fine. it's not my cup of tea, but it might make the guide more accessible to others if they can read it like a picture book.

[edit]

sorry about my previous posts

I'm having net problems, but this is the whole and entire post I spent the night writing up before sleeping...

[edit2]

fleshed out gear section

[edit3]

added leveling section

Edited by soldats

I know you had sent me that pm asking about ca mods and stuff and I felt a little bad for not getting back to you sooner, but I had been working on this and I spent last night finishing it up and meant to pm you about it.

but here it is and if you have any other questions, just ask here.

finals are coming up and I'm working weird hours[4am shifts, 12am shifts]

[edit]

leveling strategies and more playstyle tips will be added, pending my hw/class status...

Edited by soldats

The guide is wonderful. I, personally, don't think that pictures and such will make it better, but the basic idea, the explanation and the pure logic in the build and the char development based on the guide. Besides, in my eyes, leading by example is the best thing one can do.

I really liked your writeup. It shows logic, analysis and a lot of testing done. Besides, the equip you showed up will most certainly raise a few eyebrows, but not mine. One mustn't necessarily have max sockets or max def in order to be powerful - the equip you posted simply complements the build to the best of its ability. I do realize that the general opinion is to get an equip with a ton of def and sockets, but in the end, it may not be best suited for the char.

BTW: just to let you know, wristguards of dusk and sofia's protection are a part of the Twilight of the Gods set - but that's minor thingy :)

BTW2: for wings you selected the ones from the infinite revenge set. I agree that they're wonderful - +run spd, +def skills (meaning both armor lore and toughness will go up big time), low armor penalty, but what about the Endijian's Wings? They also provide some damage mitigation, although it's at the cost of some armor penalty which should be alleviated by the high armor lore skill and the mastery.

Edited by Dobri

thanks for quick fix, dob.

and it's true that the number of sockets does not a great character make. what people don't realize is that a property must be given up for a socket...and while sockets are great for customization, the native properties found on gear will ALWAYS be quantitatively larger. meaning, for the same level item, you will get a higher value on gear than on jewelry. this has been tested to be 100% true in all cases with the exclusion of uniques[still, 95% of uniques follow this rule]. so if you value certain properties you can't find on jewelry or want a higher value, then less sockets will suit you better.

the reason why I didn't use endijian's wings is because 1- they're ugly and 2- the -opponent's chance to evade on high level wings of revenge helps with hitting bosses. I believe the value is somewhere in the 60%'s.

with endijian's wings, it is possible to reach 97%+ dm. and with enough +all skills, you can further boost it to 100% dm, though this is still untested by me. zin did some dm testing on tg's and it is indeed possible to reach 100% dm, so I don't see why not in this build.

I know you had sent me that pm asking about ca mods and stuff and I felt a little bad for not getting back to you sooner, but I had been working on this and I spent last night finishing it up and meant to pm you about it.

but here it is and if you have any other questions, just ask here.

finals are coming up and I'm working weird hours[4am shifts, 12am shifts]

[edit]

leveling strategies and more playstyle tips will be added, pending my hw/class status...

It's quite alright, I saw your post on the usefulness of Toughness and you mentioned you were away from home, so I just figured you had been busy.

ah you posted this mighty tech seraphim^^ :viking: I was wondering about her skills and gear when I first saw the video.

Thanks for the guide! I'm sure many people will enjoy playing this one. It's full of great info and very easy to follow.

:(

That's an awesome guide! I can clearly see how much time and effort you put into this.

Might give this one a try.

P.S. For those who watch the video, if you look closely, during the fight with the mist, you can see the undead flying around. This really shows how this build is powerful.

Max

thanks for quick fix, dob.

and it's true that the number of sockets does not a great character make. what people don't realize is that a property must be given up for a socket...and while sockets are great for customization, the native properties found on gear will ALWAYS be quantitatively larger. meaning, for the same level item, you will get a higher value on gear than on jewelry. this has been tested to be 100% true in all cases with the exclusion of uniques[still, 95% of uniques follow this rule]. so if you value certain properties you can't find on jewelry or want a higher value, then less sockets will suit you better.

the reason why I didn't use endijian's wings is because 1- they're ugly and 2- the -opponent's chance to evade on high level wings of revenge helps with hitting bosses. I believe the value is somewhere in the 60%'s.

with endijian's wings, it is possible to reach 97%+ dm. and with enough +all skills, you can further boost it to 100% dm, though this is still untested by me. zin did some dm testing on tg's and it is indeed possible to reach 100% dm, so I don't see why not in this build.

Thanks for the quick answer and the additional info :)

I sort of like endijian's wings - they're one the of the wing types that actually look like wings. I can't say I enjoy the kinda-military-backpack that holds them but... whatever :) I may sacrifice some beauty for the greater good.

I will try to use your idea for the build as a template for a char I started quite some time ago as a pure revered caster seraphim. Try, because some of the things you posted I can't do because of the choices I made - 2xField Force to the WE buff, different order of the skill picks, leveling up the Combat Arts through runes rather than +CA stuff - but I can tweak it to be like this. So far my experience with it clearly shows that concentration is indeed unnecessary to keep the regen times down to a decent amount. As long as you pay attention to both Celestial and Revered focuses and back them up with decent armor lore and + damage niob blacksmith runes you are juuust fine :) The +damage BS runes will compensate you well for the power you sacrifice by not leveling Celestial/Revered Lore and having it equal to your level. Some + armor niob BS runes also compensate for the reduced armor rating of this build - one is required to use armor with lower regen time penalties, because for example, holy protection at level 35 is +11.1%, and light battle plate is -1.2% and still provides decent armor values (no celestial set drop so far). This even allows you to start tweaking the build at early levels and keep that up as your char improves - decent 2-3 socket weapon, +300% damage, +300% armor is enough for now, leaving like 6+ sockets free for build tweaks - + all skills, +deathblow, +Combat Arts, etc. - not to mention the 2 rings + 1 amulet slots.

I will keep on playing it. It is indeed a build with interesting skill picks providing a real treat for the player thanks to the unique play style and the game play with that char.

EDIT: I'm starting to agree with your choice of Wings. Keeping in mind that the player will be needing a good attack rating in order to make AW shine, your choice is better over the Endijian's. The less chance to miss (through -enemy chance to evade), the better and is surely a good tradeoff for the additional DM. Still, I'm planning on keeping a pair of endijian's wings just in case for tougher areas or hard-hitting mobs :)

Edited by Dobri
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm at 22 atm, and trying to defeat this octo monster, and it doesnt seem to go past 80%, should I have just level up some more or am I missing something? any suggestions appreciated, also been drinking alot of health potions in orcs land, is this normal?

I suppose you're having problems balancing the regen times. You should be aware that this build is really tough and if you started it from scratch, you will need to gain some more levels before tackling the orcs (I'd say 35+ for silver), since level 22 is sort of low for orc area in silver. If you're playing on bronze difficulty, that's another matter - but you shouldn't have any problems with the game on bronze.

Another thing you can do is ensure you have a good equipment. Do quests, get a lot of set items, socket them with good rings and amulets. I must say that soldats' build is really, really interesting and fun to play, but it does need a good base to start it from (like good shoppers, good set items, probably a character with niobium blacksmith access, etc.).

I suppose you're having problems balancing the regen times. You should be aware that this build is really tough and if you started it from scratch, you will need to gain some more levels before tackling the orcs (I'd say 35+ for silver), since level 22 is sort of low for orc area in silver. If you're playing on bronze difficulty, that's another matter - but you shouldn't have any problems with the game on bronze.

Another thing you can do is ensure you have a good equipment. Do quests, get a lot of set items, socket them with good rings and amulets. I must say that soldats' build is really, really interesting and fun to play, but it does need a good base to start it from (like good shoppers, good set items, probably a character with niobium blacksmith access, etc.).

I do have good regen going I supposed with combo, I say around 3 sec w/ buff, trying for maybe 2 sec, then start putting in CA runes in sockets, which should be 1/2 regen the normal eaten runes? which I think it's good, my gears are mixed of mostly set items perhaps it's the skills that I didn't do right, right now I have revtech, celestial lores and focus divided up evenly, should I have focus on one aspect for now? any suggestion appreciated, and thanks to dobri for input :( btw I am in silver

yes I agree it is fun to play it's why I really want to keep lvling em!

I guess I should have completed a list of which skills to master first...

the first 3 to mastery were con, rtl, cml. next came combat d., rtf and cmf. finally armor lore, toughness and shield lore. wel can be left at slvl 1 for this build.

if you are finding difficulty with regen times I would suggest socketing runes as you are doing, or work on mastering combat d or even the foci first if you're not playing hc

I guess I should have completed a list of which skills to master first...

the first 3 to mastery were con, rtl, cml. next came combat d., rtf and cmf. finally armor lore, toughness and shield lore. wel can be left at slvl 1 for this build.

if you are finding difficulty with regen times I would suggest socketing runes as you are doing, or work on mastering combat d or even the foci first if you're not playing hc

I assume max out lores, focuses, and const, the rest at 75, wel and shield left at 1?

I left those all at 75 because I don't plan on getting past 150. you can achieve 8/10 masteries at 150 and 9/10 masteries at 151/152 depending on if one of your skills is a prereq for 2nd tier skills[slvl5 = clvl152]. if you go past 150, then yes, you can keep lores or whatever you choose slvl = clvl.

however, if you opt to lose 45% cc blocking, you can pick up another 15% all channel dm. further, you can then socket an amulet with +15allskill/block chance: 15%. I believe those values are correct for ilvl 185 to go along with an ilvl185 glacial defender

the reason I don't go past 150 is explained in the op. the reason why I get to 150 is because it adds credibility to what I post as fact. be skeptical and especially critical of all 'guides' of posters who have characters under 100. there are those who play until level 35 or 60 then claim they have the right to make a guide, which they do, but until you've learned what masteries can do your character AND have extensive playtime under your belt in niob, I don't see how anyone can claim the right to make a 'guide.' it doesn't matter how experienced the player is.

even myself...I have 3 characters up to 150+ with 1 more at 145[will be 150 by the end of this week or next] only have 1 character guide and a couple other game mechanic guides...but I wouldn't play my new character to 80, write a guide for her and expect anyone to believe me. not until she's at 150 like all my others.

Edited by soldats
I'm at 22 atm, and trying to defeat this octo monster, and it doesnt seem to go past 80%, should I have just level up some more or am I missing something? any suggestions appreciated, also been drinking alot of health potions in orcs land, is this normal?

are you using aw?

are you using aw?

yes I was, now it's around .8 second cast that was from last night at level 26 due to mostly grinding and exploring(rp/fn combo is so much fun I could go on), but it was at 22 that I tried octo boss, dunno why I am not hitting past 80%, taking forever, maybe need to increase damage from rev lore or socket for more damage?

find an alternate weapon switch with as many weapon/shield sockets and place the enhance bs art in all of them to lower regen further

or find a balance of dmg/regen

or...and I don't condone this, but if you must, you could probably use bfg...though that's ice dmg. otherwise, find a nice 2h polearm/spear with %life leech and try aw with that.

my update, at level 29 finally defeated octo monster, was lvling for awhile putting all points in lores, and const so far, switched out few better gears, also more plus all skills really make a difference, question is what should I socket officer's saber? I have 4 sockets I believe, right now I have another sword with 3 sockets with all +regens that I've been using

3 of those sockets allow for jewelry/runes/bs arts

the 4th is for changing the element

I would look under your bonus overview and see what you're lacking. if you need deathblow[db], I would socket rings with db. if you need -regen, I would go with the enhance bs art. more damage? whet bs art. +ca and +all skill you can never go wrong with if you can't think of anything else to socket

Hey soldats, I know this isn't mentioned in alot of builds, but around what would you consider a good penalty to keep Cleansing Brilliance and Warding Energy at? Only asking because I have CB at +7.8% regen penalty and was thinking bout adding some more levels on to it as it's still on level one. Thx :)

wil-

elemental sockets only affect weapon based attacks, so it wouldn't help casters

ryan-

I never really thought about that, but I dumped runes into cb because I figured it was for situational use only, and when using it, it would be main source of dmg vs undead/t energy. I ended up somewhere around 43%. when using cb with that high of a penalty, I would use only rp and not fn. because cb can hit all enemies on the screen[high enough level ca], you can just use rp to pull everything towards you to make picking up loot easier. fn wouldn't do much if you can only cast it once every 1.5-2 seconds. but since rp has a 16+second duration at high levels, you can just cast 3-4[hopefully cb is powerful enough to wipe out all non champ/bosses with one pulse] rp's to mop up.