Sacred 2 Guide - Celestial Technobabe by soldats

Hi Etherian!

Yep I see you on Closed nearly every night,but your server is always locked!

Didn't deathblow get the chop from spells? Or are using DB for Archangels' Wrath?I can't test as I have already removed all DB from my gear and will need to shop for it again.

I use just the boots from the RevTech set to raise nova and plus runspeed,Infinite revenge wings like you (priceless)Sofia's for arms and legs and the rest is the revelations set.At the moment I'm building up a set of Revelation armor and a set of Indijian's (SP) for testing.A full set of Revelation has netted some fair results with bosses,but run speed is so slow,and need to socket a lot of enemy - chance to evade and the like.

For weapons/shield I use the same as you.Tinwora's and Glacial Defender.I have a second weapon slot devoted to a % life leeche halberd which I have been using with the Revelation set on bosses.(sorry I forget how much % life leeche that is giving me,maybe close to 3% I think,I'll check up tonight.

With my Combat Arts I have actually paired up Radiant Pillar and Flaring Nova in one Combo,and also banefull Smite and ArchAngels in another Combo.I am currently trying out a different mod on Pillar(delude?)and it works ok when there is up to three people on server but not so hot with more people.I have three of these builds so I can play with mods a bit.

I think in the long run this build will still be very effective,just a little more work.Besides that it's still a very fun build,with lots of CA toys to play with.

Anywho I might catch you on HC EU soon !

Temper

Temper, great response. Much anticipated. I have been wondering in the back of my mind, what kind of angle your going to go with your build. Servers are usually always locked due to the fact I get alot of spam users in my games speaking in languages I am unfamiliar with...to unlock the server type in Matters. Would be great fun lvling and exploring with you anytime! I will somehow figure out a way to let everyone know here the pass to server. Just dont know how to accomplish this yet. I much prefer to play multi, but find the spam very annoying. Had a close call when I first started due to this fact.

Etherian,

If you want platinum smithing arts easily check my shadow warrior build designed to rush through the campaign. It makes use of shadow veil so you can take on gold at level 40s.. You need to level up to 30s in silver free mode then switch to campaign once you have 100% invisibility. Then the rest is however long it takes you to rush through silver and gold.

From there to get niob access you need to farm gold for new gear and level up to about 75. Then you can take out platinum and you'll be in niob. Make sure to use %LL weapon on boss. Whichever one you find but stars are best because you cannot turn visible on a left click with a star.

We are talking maybe 12 hours playing to get platinum smithing and maybe another 15 to get niob? (guessing)

Hi claudius, thx for the response also! Please provide a direct link to your build as I am very interested in getting a shopper/smith to niob as soon as possible. This build of yours may be the 1 to get me there!

I remain, Etherian

• 2 weeks later...

Try to use items with these mods:

-> + chance that enemy cannot evade attacks

-> - opponent's chance to evade

This is why soldats recommended the Wings of Revenge, since they have a strong - opponent's chance to evade trait, which greatly helps the caster seraphim.

Having a shopper will help greatly, otherwise you'll have to grind and hope.

I am only level 25 now and leveling is a pain now, I use about 50 hp potions a level when leveling in swamp or trying to farm a griffin. Can you suggest me how to make my leveling a bit easier ?

I am only level 25 now and leveling is a pain now, I use about 50 hp potions a level when leveling in swamp or trying to farm a griffin. Can you suggest me how to make my leveling a bit easier ?

Please try to remember. If this is your first char. the grind from 1-30 is always the hardest part of a build for me. After level 30'ish builds usually just begin to start blooming. Which in turn makes killing a bit easier.

If this is your first character. Try doing as many quests as possible for the added experience. While doing these quests youll also get the added experience from killing along the way. Dont be shy with your mentor potions either. Ive found these to be a gift at low levels.

If you dont like questing much, which I hope you do, as questing is half the game. Try a free play server completeing the Kobold Cheiftain quest over and over. Kobolds render decent experience. at low lvls with mentors going full. The Cheiftain himself is not all that hard really, even for a weaker build. Can also garnish you some much needed equipment upgrades from drops as well.

Another great semi-boss to farm is the Wild Boar. The Boar also drops decent equipment and gives alot of experience with mentor's up and running.

Hope this helps!

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian

Thank you for your help. I have another question regarding magic using seraphim. Does damage provided by Combat Discipline benefit any of seraphim spells ? Because it says that my Flaring Novas does 3.737-3.737dmg and combat discipline says that it increases dmg by 2801. According to sacredwiki it means 280% increase in damage but my Flaring Nova hits any monster for ~3500dmg when used in combo and hits the same ~3500dmg when used not in combo. Shouldn't it hit for about 10.000 dmg ?

Edited by lotro_h3
Thank you for your help. I have another question regarding magic using seraphim. Does damage provided by Combat Discipline benefit any of seraphim spells ? Because it says that my Flaring Novas does 3.737-3.737dmg and combat discipline says that it increases dmg by 2801. According to sacredwiki it means 280% increase in damage but my Flaring Nova hits any monster for ~3500dmg when used in combo and hits the same ~3500dmg when used not in combo. Is this some kind of bug or something ?

Combat discipline is a tough one to figure out. it adds to base damage all the time whether in combo or not. but only lowers the regen penalty when in combo.

As a general rule, I take ancient magic with spell casters and combat discipline with weapon based characters.

the damage that flaring nova says in the tool tip, and the actual damage you inflict are 2 different things. you have to take into account your inteligence level(spell intensity) and the monsters armor and mitigation properties. as well as the damage bonus in the sigma for experience in battle. the +damage % to animals, elves, orcs etc that increases with kills in battle.

Phew! long story short Combat discipline is helping boost your base weapon damage. And ArcAngels Wrath is based on base weapon damage even though it is a spell.

hope that wasn't confusing.

Are you sure it boosts my weapon damage ? Wiki says "The Damage bonus from Combat Discipline affects non-weapon based (ie, spells) combat arts fully, but for weapon-based combat arts it will only boost the bonus damage from the CA (eg, if Battle Extension is giving you an additional +20% damage, Combat Discipline will affect that +20%, so if CD gives you +10%, a player will end up with +22% damage bonus from Battle Extension)." Now I am really confused.

Are you sure it boosts my weapon damage ? Wiki says "The Damage bonus from Combat Discipline affects non-weapon based (ie, spells) combat arts fully, but for weapon-based combat arts it will only boost the bonus damage from the CA (eg, if Battle Extension is giving you an additional +20% damage, Combat Discipline will affect that +20%, so if CD gives you +10%, a player will end up with +22% damage bonus from Battle Extension)." Now I am really confused.

I remember that bit from the wiki now. I believe it is correct. my explanation is misleading, sorry. I will do some more test off-line with my level 200 test characters when I get some time.

However since AW is a weapon based CA. I am betting you only get 280% of the base weapon damage before AW added its multiplier to the equation. Not 280% of the gross damage in the Tooltip.

• 3 weeks later...

this is one of the first seraphim's I got to around 200, sitting on about 95% damage mitagation accross all channels, really like the build and have alot of fun with it, changed a few things more to my style, and went a different way on a few of the Combat Arts, but other than that its almost identicle, one of my favorite characters.

really apreciate the whole explination on DM, as well as the detailed write up, thanks.

okay so 100% mitagation is possible, and whilst it is cool I find it rather boring, I usually go around 80-90%

some things to remember about it though

it does not protect from and of the open wounds, deadly wounds, or serious open wounds, and if you dont have alot of life these can sneak up on you in a bad way, does anyone know if there are a way to counter these? perhaps the shadow warrior reflective emination?

I'm not really sure what to socket in my character. I am following this build and I have a few sockets left. 5 silver sockets to be exact. I need a little help on choosing what to socket. I'm level 15 if that helps at all

it does not protect from and of the open wounds, deadly wounds, or serious open wounds, and if you dont have alot of life these can sneak up on you in a bad way, does anyone know if there are a way to counter these? perhaps the shadow warrior reflective emination?

Not per se no, I think that those effects are counted as "detrimental effects" which RE doesn't affect (other than reflecting the attack that procs them). There are a few buffs/CAs that can reduce the effect of detrimental effects such as the Antidote mod for Hallowed Restoration & the Resillience mod for Grand Invigoration.

Hi I am actually trying this build out but on console..seems to be doing well so far..only level 9 lol..anyways I was wondering what runes should I be eating..not very good with figuring all these % 's and what not..Should I leave all at one rune eaten or is there one that I should eat more of? I've tried many different builds and so far this is the only one that has really been fun. I just dont want to mess it up and a start over again lol..thanks for any replies.

•lvls1-15- you don't need a shopper for your gear as you will soon outgrow it. spend some time going around to different merchants and try to buy any gear with sockets. the more the better. you'll stuff these with the ENHANCE bs arts. the higher the -regen, the better. I believe that belts can naturally spawn -regen as a native property, so a belt with that and 2 sockets is probably the best thing you'll find besides +sta helms and torso. once you have these pieces of gear equipped, eat 1 fn, 1 rp, 1 hr and 1 aw rune. don't worry about your buff. you won't need it/it won't be useful until level 75-90. now go out to sloeford and head west to western tyr lysia and start gathering groups of 4-6 kobolds. hopefully, combo1 will have a regen time of about 3~7 seconds. with that, you should be able to spend 10 seconds gathering a group, then 3~7 smashing them. repeat over and over. keep yourself close to a cave so when you do level, you can enter/exit and reset the levels of monsters in proportion to your own. it should take you 20~40 minutes to reach 15.

•lvls16-35- this is the prime time for set farming/fast leveling. I believe that 2-3 white griffin kills will net you a level, so if you set up a run...white griffin>wild boar>holos, you can level once in each game up until about 30~ then it'll take a little more. hopefully, by that time, you'll have gained a nice stash full of sets...the most important of which are ones with high number of sockets and are of the ones I listed in the gear section. if you don't end up with favorable pieces, at least keep in mind that you'll soon outgrow these anyway, and that they definitely have better stats than the level 1 gear you've been using. fully upgrade these set pieces with any +skills jewelry/bs arts and get ready for the next step. keep all your rune consumption to nil. everything should be at ca level 1. your regen times for fn and rp should be close to 2-5 seconds

Hope that answers your questions regarding eating runes :D

thanks .. guess I missed it while reading it.. just found White Griff the other day..havent figure out on console how to get him to respawn..made new game but doesnt seem to work.. can he reappear somewhere else near Western Tyr?

Not per se no, I think that those effects are counted as "detrimental effects" which RE doesn't affect (other than reflecting the attack that procs them). There are a few buffs/CAs that can reduce the effect of detrimental effects such as the Antidote mod for Hallowed Restoration & the Resillience mod for Grand Invigoration.

ah, I did a test with 100%+ damage mitagation accross all channels, and even with that the wounds can still effect you.

• 2 weeks later...
He won't respawn in a campaign game, but he will respawn in a Free Mode game (though I don't know how to start one of those on the console).

Select "Start Game" -> "Create Game", then under Game Mode change it to "Free World". Difficuly, Online/Offline, etc. all self explanatory.

• 4 weeks later...

regarding signing attribute points, I've been pumping stamina and raise combat art level with niob runes in gears (just below the maximum level), but STILL can't seem to increase the damage of radiant pillar, should I pump intelligence?

Another thing, would high level combat art (~1s regen achieved through pumping stamina) + % spell intensity gear have greater damage than

low level combat art (same ~1 regen) + LOTS of intelligence attribute pumped into

I'm hesitating to decide where to spend my attribute points... don't know which will benifit me the most.

Thx

Edited by DarkKnight

You asked:

Another thing, would high level combat art (~1s regen achieved through pumping stamina) + % spell intensity gear have greater damage than

low level combat art (same ~1 regen) + LOTS of intelligence attribute pumped into

It should inflict much more damage. Combat art's damage improves significantly with each level, while intelligence provides only a minor boost. I'll have to check what was the ratio, though.

In any case, counting on the attribute points to balance your build is not such a good idea. They will allow you to inflict more damage, or raise the combat art level, but in the end, it is your gear that will make all the difference - and I would suggest that you turn your attention there. Also, keep in mind that enemies have resistances, and trying to kill enemies with good magic resistance with radiant pillar is not a good idea. Even the mutated kobolds don't die easily by it.

You asked:

It should inflict much more damage. Combat art's damage improves significantly with each level, while intelligence provides only a minor boost. I'll have to check what was the ratio, though.

In any case, counting on the attribute points to balance your build is not such a good idea. They will allow you to inflict more damage, or raise the combat art level, but in the end, it is your gear that will make all the difference - and I would suggest that you turn your attention there. Also, keep in mind that enemies have resistances, and trying to kill enemies with good magic resistance with radiant pillar is not a good idea. Even the mutated kobolds don't die easily by it.

The reason I'm not sure what to choose stamina or intelligence is because I've read many caster guides (Pure caster Rev-tech, Kat's Pyro, etc) Alots of them enphansize 1 rune, 90% intelligence, +CA +ALL skills, then I read this guide enphansize alot stamina and saw the video doing great damage. They are all great "fact" guides, but I'm just unable to make sense out of stamina and intelligence. For example, 1 point in stamina will likely allow 1 increase of CA level thus increasing damage, but 1 point in intelligence will increase CA damage as well, so in the end which win?

Edited by DarkKnight
For example, 1 point in stamina will likely allow 1 increase of CA level thus increasing damage, but 1 point in intelligence will increase CA damage as well, so in the end which win?

Stamina is the better choice unless you have the gear and such to back up intelligence (even then it's still probably leaning toward stamina). 1 increase in CA level is a lot better than a few extra damage points because of 1 reason that soldats posts about: Modifications scaling with CA level. Even though INT will boost the damage it doesn't increase the benefits from the mods you've chosen.