Sacred 2 Guide - Celestial Technobabe by soldats

DarkKnight, you should keep in mind that some of the guides are for S2FA, and the video was also done with the good old vanilla Sacred 2. The great damage soldats does comes from a lot of + all skills, a lot of + all combat arts and deathblow%. If you happen to play Ice and Blood, things don't look too grand now with twice as less all skills, all combat arts and no deathblow (except for AW). Not to mention the rune cap...

In his video soldats has a ton of + all skills, level 1 combat arts boosted by another ton of + all combat arts and a sizable amount of deathblow, which used to work with all spells before. Now, it doesn't, and we are forced to find other ways of improving the damage.

• 6 months later...

in Soldat's guide he made mention it the 1-15 leveling section about getting socketed gear and stuffing it with ENHANCED bs art's, is that referring to baneful smite? or black smithing o.O?

also what skills should be mastered first, I can never seem to find that in guides I read lol.

Edited by Mistle

in Soldat's guide he made mention it the 1-15 leveling section about getting socketed gear and stuffing it with ENHANCED bs art's, is that referring to baneful smite? or black smithing o.O?

also what skills should be mastered first, I can never seem to find that in guides I read lol.

Soldats means the enhance blacksmith arts. As to skills, any guide that doesnt give a specific order, just master in order of choice, change around what ever you want if more offense/defense is needed.

once again thank you for responding, you have helped me alot as well as other members of DM thank you very much it makes my game experience alot more enjoyable :D.

Mistle

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a little question for any experienced seraphim player out there. When does this build start to bloom if you play it from scratch? What kind of stats is required in order to make this build a "walk in the park" kind of build? I tried this yesterday up to level 12, seemed slower for lvling and damage was rather low. My AW timer is 1.6 sec now, FN and RP are both at 3.5 sec. I just lack damage and defense right now.

I tried the griphon, was able to kill it but it took forever lol

Any advices would be appreciated as I love this build :)

• 6 months later...
  • 10 years later...

Really old topic and an old build from an older version of the game, I know.

That said I am trying to play it and adapt it to current circumstances as I go. Playing with Community Patch of course.

What I am having issue figuring out is if it makes sense to run the Pillar>Nova combo as outlined. I match their regeneration times as soldat suggested, currently at 0.8 seconds. Now if I spam click I will only get casts of radiant pillar again and again as I guess the combo gets interrupted by my spam clicking.

Now on the other hand I can just put flaring nova into a separate combo on it's own or even without a combo and spam it far faster, perhaps after casting pillar once to open with. This looks like far more dps than slowly waiting for the Pillar>Nova combo to finish animating before clicking again. 

Have there been changes to how combos behave since this guide was written?  Am I doing something wrong?

As it stands it seems far better to spam nova directly than to have it in a combo with pillar.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, narumsin said:

Really old topic and an old build from an older version of the game, I know.

That said I am trying to play it and adapt it to current circumstances as I go. Playing with Community Patch of course.

What I am having issue figuring out is if it makes sense to run the Pillar>Nova combo as outlined. I match their regeneration times as soldat suggested, currently at 0.8 seconds. Now if I spam click I will only get casts of radiant pillar again and again as I guess the combo gets interrupted by my spam clicking.

Now on the other hand I can just put flaring nova into a separate combo on it's own or even without a combo and spam it far faster, perhaps after casting pillar once to open with. This looks like far more dps than slowly waiting for the Pillar>Nova combo to finish animating before clicking again. 

Have there been changes to how combos behave since this guide was written?  Am I doing something wrong?

As it stands it seems far better to spam nova directly than to have it in a combo with pillar.

Welcome to the forums narumsin!

Soldats was actually a member here and posted his builds.  Was one of the great early players of this game and happened upon a lot of this game's mechanics early...most notably damage mitigation which had everyone building *invulnerabilty* builds when they saw his videos :superman: I wish I had more info for you re your attempt with his build for the new CM Patch, but I only really played Vanilla so dont really have feedback on how, if any, the mechanics would work out, but maybe someone else here on the boards will have some more info for you.

Happy you've found us, and enjoy our little community

:gogo:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 7/14/2022 at 10:26 PM, gogoblender said:

Welcome to the forums narumsin!

Soldats was actually a member here and posted his builds.  Was one of the great early players of this game and happened upon a lot of this game's mechanics early...most notably damage mitigation which had everyone building *invulnerabilty* builds when they saw his videos :superman: I wish I had more info for you re your attempt with his build for the new CM Patch, but I only really played Vanilla so dont really have feedback on how, if any, the mechanics would work out, but maybe someone else here on the boards will have some more info for you.

Happy you've found us, and enjoy our little community

:gogo:

gogo

Appreciate the warm welcome, good to be here.

Been lurking for a few years, never had cause to post before now.

With regards to the build, I would ask the same question for playing on vanilla. Would spamming flaring nova quickly not be more DPS than the painfully slow to execute combo of Radiant Pillar into Flaring Nova? After manually casting a radiant pillar to begin with.

Definitely have enjoyed reading soldat's posts over the years. My kind of guy, detail oriented. That is why I am assuming that he would have already considered my point and that there is some reason why the combo is actually better that I am not seeing.

• Appreciation 1

I had not considered that the DoT from Radiant Pillar would stack, seemingly infinitely. That totally changes thing, it makes sense to spam pillar as many times as you can spam it then.

Really cool build.

• Like! 1
1 minute ago, narumsin said:

I had not considered that the DoT from Radiant Pillar would stack, seemingly infinitely. That totally changes thing, it makes sense to spam pillar as many times as you can spam it then.

Really cool build.

Pillar was one of my favorite CA's in the game.  The idea of launching orbital weapons down at enemies... it still tingles :oooo: ... and you can get the pillars to cast at less than a second regen its very exciting.  

creating a combo with a summer sault and then an attack to run you over to the closest enemy and then cast two remaining pillars... combos in this game are underrated

:superman:

gogo

On 7/17/2022 at 11:06 PM, gogoblender said:

Pillar was one of my favorite CA's in the game.  The idea of launching orbital weapons down at enemies... it still tingles :oooo: ... and you can get the pillars to cast at less than a second regen its very exciting.  

creating a combo with a summer sault and then an attack to run you over to the closest enemy and then cast two remaining pillars... combos in this game are underrated

:superman:

gogo

Oh yeah just beams from sky everywhere.

• Like! 1