A Few Questions From a New Player

Hello, everyone. I just bought Sacred last week on Steam and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. I'm working my way through the various threads in the guides section of the forum to get a better grasp of the game, but I still have a few questions. If anyone could answer them I would greatly appreciate it. :)

1) Can I use another class's rune to add a bonus to my own combat arts?

Ex 1: I'm playing a Seraphim. Can I socket a Gladiator's Attack rune to gain a bonus to my own attack ability?

Ex 2: I'm playing a Vampire. Can I socket a Gladiator's Attack rune to gain a bonus to my Ripping Claws, since they are apparently the same CA just with a different name?

2) How reasonable is it to expect to get certain items while playing? I see a lot of builds mentioning certain sets or uniques, but so far while playing I haven't found much of anything. Granted, I'm only in Silver and only in my mid 30s, but should I expect to be able to gain certain items or should I just roll with what I get and assume these character builds are written for people who already have a ton of gear on multiple characters?

3) Is there any way to reassign the controls? It's a little awkward to try and reach 1-0 while still reaching for the spacebar, alt, and (for my archer) ctrl.

4) Can someone explain how Dual Wield works in regards to specific weapon lores? I know it conflicts with them somehow, but I haven't managed to figure out the details of it.

Thanks for reading this! :)

I recently bought Sacred Gold for PC, but haven't played it yet. Too busy with Sacred 2 on PS3.

BUT.... if the games use the same kind of setups, then:

1. No, they're specific to each class.

2. Items are random and special items can be dropped by almost anything, but bosses and minibosses tend to drop them more often.

3. Pass.

4. If its like Sacred 2, then there's no real conflict as far as I know, but they can stack bonuses. I have a Seraphim with Sword Lore and Dual Wield, so not only can I hold two swords, but I get bonuses from swords too.

I could be completely wrong on the last part, but I've spent around 300 hours with Sacred 2 and thats what I've worked out from it.

Hi there,

Ok, let's sum up a bit, and, welcome to you, new sacred players.

1 - You can socket Attack runes from any class for your seraph. The best are the vamp attack runes (ripping claws), because of the 3% life leech on them.

2 - If you're playing single player, don't expect too much. Except using the save/load trick, you won't get a lot of set/unique items. Best is Multiplayer, because you can start over and over killing the same dragons / bosses and the mobs respawn. The load/save trick is simple. Save before getting your quest award or just before defeating a boss. Finish the quest/boss. If the item is not worth the task, load, rinse, repeat.

3 - except using a third party program like autohotkey, I can't see any way to do it.

4 - everytime I used dual wield, that was for chars who didn't need lores. For example, my poison deamon, or my dual fadalmar's dagger stare glad ! So sorry, don't have any idea about it.

Hope it helps.

Nihilith who justed dusted his sacred gold DVD !

welcome aranon

to answer only the last ? for u.

I had this problem as well. now from what I've read sword lore and duel wield do not stack. but if have 1 in sword lore u can benifit from the sword modifiers. now I might be misstaken, but noone has told me different so far.

I use both but only leave 1 in sword lore and dump points into duel wield(keep it even with your level), I havn't seen any problems so far.

I hope that someone can prove me wrong so I can start modifying my stats, but as of yet it seems to stand.

welcome aranon

to answer only the last ? for u.

I had this problem as well. now from what I've read sword lore and duel wield do not stack. but if have 1 in sword lore u can benifit from the sword modifiers. now I might be misstaken, but noone has told me different so far.

I use both but only leave 1 in sword lore and dump points into duel wield(keep it even with your level), I havn't seen any problems so far.

I hope that someone can prove me wrong so I can start modifying my stats, but as of yet it seems to stand.

Just read somewhere I can't remember that DW overwrites the other lores, so if you're dual wielding swords, sword lore won't give you a penny back, only DW. I don't have tested that myself

hope it helps

If it's rare drops you are wanting then you'll want to visit the Orc Cave often. :) Champion enemies are great for drops in general and there are a lot of them in the Orc Cave. The more Chance of finding special items you have the better your chances will be to find great items. The Ghost Cave is also a great place to get unique Jewelry. You can find the Orc Cave and the Ghost Cave on my map. Both of them are marked on the map.

Sacred Underworld Map

Most important is that the faster you can kill an enemy the better the drops will be. One hit kills are best!

Good luck. :)