A Comprehensive Guide To The BFG Seraphim

hi guys, im new to this build, but tnx to the guide im in niob 0 death. I have a quick question though, witch skill EXACTLY contribute to boost bfg damage ? for now ive kept revered focus and tactics lore @ chr level witch is 90, ive read 150~ bfg runes, I was wondering if I should add ALOT pts in exalted w focus to get high level battle stance? so if I master 9 skills (exceptranged weapon) to 75 that leave me 245 pts, where should I spend them to get maximum damage result? thx for reply

hi guys, im new to this build, but tnx to the guide im in niob 0 death. I have a quick question though, witch skill EXACTLY contribute to boost bfg damage ? for now ive kept revered focus and tactics lore @ chr level witch is 90, ive read 150~ bfg runes, I was wondering if I should add ALOT pts in exalted w focus to get high level battle stance? so if I master 9 skills (exceptranged weapon) to 75 that leave me 245 pts, where should I spend them to get maximum damage result? thx for reply

Hi, welcome to DarkMatters, DarkKnight!

I just found this on SacredWiki for you

BeeEffGee

It has a pretty good description with what modifies it

Does that help?

:)

gogo

Great question DarkKnight! and welcome to Dark.

I am in that same position. at level 156 I have mastered all but Ranged. I have 200 runes into BFG, Warding Energy, Battle Stance (Capped for Ice and Blood) and at this point I am torn between Revered Focus to raise the level without penalty of the BFG or Revered Lore to boost the enhancement bonuses or tactics to raise damage. and so on and so on. Also I may look at regen bonus from Revered focus to allow me to read runes into ArcAngels Wrath.

So its tough to choose, and maybe spread points between them.

I'd have to agree with loco's assessment. In my opinion, the best place to put them is Revered focus. Why? Improving the max CA level without penalty and the regen times seems to be the best way to improve the damage, as it will allow you to carry around a better BFG gun and have lower regen time on the Archangel's Wrath, which is the best bosskiller CA for the Seraphim - and as most people have learned so painfully, boss hunting is one of the best options high-level characters have for XP gaining without playing for 7-8 hours to gain a level. Since AW is not modified by tactics lore, and tactics does not improve it's damage, tactics will not be that good of a choice to add a lot of points into.

So in my opinion, Revered focus is the way to go, as it will improve not only the BFG, but the Warding Energy buff as well. You may even put a few runes in exalted focus as well, just to raise the attack rating and reflect chance a bit more as well.

One more thing - don't think about the "extra" skill points right now, DarkKnight. Think about them when the time comes :) Otherwise you may find yourself needing to put points into an important skill from level 140 upwards, which is very hard and takes a lot of time to gain them through leveling :)

thx for the input, I play on ps3 and found something interesting, the damage differs drastically when I summon bfg EMPTY hand VS having a weapon with high attack (around 3000 difference :D dunno if this has been reported or just a console bug?

thx for the input, I play on ps3 and found something interesting, the damage differs drastically when I summon bfg EMPTY hand VS having a weapon with high attack (around 3000 difference :D dunno if this has been reported or just a console bug?

Bfg is a buff. Any equipment that may raise the CA level of the bfg at the time it is cast will make a difference. Modifiers like +all skills, +combat arts etc are great for this. See my buff suit thread from my sig for more info

how much dmg AW can exeed Soul hammer in general, and if I put 200 each in revered focus and lore? what if I put 200 each in tactics, revered focus ,and exalted focus and max battle stance, would pelt and soul lack power? (would pelt and soul make up the dmg with speed?) im confused :D sounds like pelt is lacking pwr at high lvls

let me get this straight

AW dmg affectd by bfg, revered lore dmg boost

bfg dmg affected by tactics, battle stance dmg boost, revered focus

so to correctly max AW I need high dmg bfg(Mod by tactics) , thus need tactic, but Dobri/WIKI said AW not modified by tactics :oooo:

I need help

You'll have to check about the damage. You are aware that few people can know the exact numbers, right? They are a product of gear, level and so on.

You'll also need to understand something. BFG damage is not affected by tactics :D Tactics lore affects overall weapon damage when you right click/execute weapon-based CA on the enemy (even though AW is weapon based, weirdly enough it counts as a spell). It is a simple factor in the damage calculation. There are also a number of factors before you get the number that shows when you check your OVERALL damage. You need to make a difference between BFG damage, damage boosters (or damage factors - factors in the damage calculation) and overall damage, as all of these are different things in Sacred 2.

In addition to that, you play console, so your BFG damage will be higher than the rest here who play Ice and Blood due to the introduced caps and re-balancing. This also makes it very hard to give you precise numbers.

It stood to reason that AW would need tactics lore, but since it takes the direct weapon damage as a base for calculations, things are different. AW modded for salvo allows you to leech life from opponents twice as fast. Keep a spare Celestial set (8 items is enough to get the percentage bonus) versus bosses and you can check just how much the difference is when you start spamming it. It will put soul hammer (which is a single attack) to shame.

Edited by Dobri

I'm with Dobri, while I have tactics/EW focus mastered as well. Pelting Strike and Soul Hammer are great as single target one shot kills. Against the Guardians I go with AW. When I get a chance I will add a guardian video with pelting strike. then you can compare the kill speed against the guardians, which level are @183 (where I am fighting them) has almost 4 million hit points each and I can take all 4 in 1 minute and 4 seconds.

thx for clearing things up, guess revered focus and lore is the way to go

Edit: quick qeustion, is it advisable to put more than 150 skill pts in revered tech focus and lore? Also could I pick Combat Discipline over Toughness? Dunno if I should go all damage? thank you.

Edited by DarkKnight
  • 2 weeks later...

Created a character based on this build a few days ago and have been happily running around hardcore silver ever since :) Especially once you get the BeeEffGee modded to Gold things really become fun (awrighty boys, line up in single file!).

And, as a bonus, for those of us with a subwoofer in their pc speaker set, the BeeEffGee does have a most satisfying thud when fired ;)

I'm really glad it's working well for you.

I have updated this guide for ice and blood. Fixed a number of typos, removed all unnecessary deathblow comments and added a Celestial + Endijian Wings equipment option.

I have updated this guide for ice and blood. Fixed a number of typos, removed all unnecessary deathblow comments and added a Celestial + Endijian Wings equipment option.

Wow...the amount of pure writing in this guide is huge! Talk about comprehensive :P

• 2 weeks later...
Can AW mod with LOCK kill Mud suckers? (the annoying swap bats). I have to ALWAYS switch to meelee or nova to kill those bats... only time BFG hits is when the bats attack towards me.

Those mudsuckers on console are annoying. The only ranged attack I have ever been successful with is a blowpipe dryad.

I never tested AW with the lock mod. I would be curious if anyone has tried it.

It doesn't help, your projectiles go right by or seemingly through Giant Bats, Mudsuckers, Vampire Bats, and Flying Foxes. I have it modded Salvo, Lock, Vulnerable. BFG seraphim was one of the first characters I played when Sacred 2 came out on consoles, and I always had to resort to other things than the BFG to kill them, usually I kept a sword/shield on me or used RP->FN. Just to make sure, shortly after I read that post, I took my level 78 seraphim into bronze and ran to the cave for the Tutorial Hirelings quest and tried it on the Giant Bats, and could only hit them with it when they where swooping into me.

would this build be also viable for PS3? I've been dyin to find a great build for a seraphim on console and this one seems like it could be the one for me if it is viable for console also.

would this build be also viable for PS3? I've been dyin to find a great build for a seraphim on console and this one seems like it could be the one for me if it is viable for console also.

Yup, BFG builds work well across all platforms, perhaps even better before Ice and Blood because of the nerf to +allskills

It is absolutely viable on every version of the game. I have ran it on XBOX and PC and it rocks!

Great thanks alot for the fast replies. I was just playing around with it on another seraphim that I have and it was just fun fun carrying around a HUGE gun and blasting stuff..very awesome..

• 2 months later...

Amazing guide which I've been following for my Seraphim closely on the PS3.

But it seems some parts of the guide have disappeared after the downtime/maintenance. :sweating:

sadly this is the case with several of the build guides, but we are working to get them restored quickly. luckily Dobri's build has been immortalized here:

A Comprehensive Guide to the BFG Seraphim

• 1 month later...

The one thing which bothers me at this build. Its based on RT buff, so why master RT focus or 5 or 6th skill? More focus = more levels for bfg = more power? and mods for RT skills? Do u put 9 points in it to mod bfg and socket a lot of + all skills?

The answer is simple: since everyone plays with tons of +all skills, you BFG will be on a decent level with only a 9 points in revered focus, the same is with the battle stance buff - you can add 9 points just to fully mod it. As you can see, I have only given an outline on the skill point distribution by proposing a value with you should eventually end up with. The rest is entirely up to the player - I am well aware that not every person follows a guide to the letter, because doing so takes away the sense of individuality in an action RPG game.

Ensuring survivability and the ability to use 3 buffs is much more important. This mastery setup is also based on the assumption that you don't have any characters to help your toon and you need to do everything yourself.

You are free to change the mastery order. If you feel you damage would be better, leave tactics and armor lore for later and master RT focus and lore instead. The skill mastery order I gave is a simple guideline - it's not necessary to follow it to the letter and you are free to change the order anyway you wish :)

And... maybe it's time to improve the guide a little bit by adding even more information on skill mastery and skill point distribution?

Edited by Dobri