A Comprehensive Guide To The BFG Seraphim

Well I started that character playing without any support, and I see your order sounds correct. BFG pushed far is really strong and survivabilty is what it lacks. I could kill gahanka by level 6 with naked char. IIt took time but I could, most chars cant scratch him at this point.But I went to artamarks than and suffered hard, grizlly and black bears champions were hell tough at this point. Maybe I just switched too early. On the other hand it changed much when I hit 12 and get RT focus and spennd those 3 points I had on it. ONe thing I dont feel like using any CAs yet, cooldown are extremly high with that pushed bfg and even if used I do not really fell like they were doing anything. Tried AW and pelting strikes. Divine protection and dashing alacirty are help indeed, but they are more for survivabilty.

It does, albeit indirectly. The lesser the general damage impact, the lesser the DoT will be. I am noticing this with my ranged bosskiller - at level 164, the poison guardian is inflicting only 1.3k poison DoT because of my 70% damage mitigation - at this stage, when you have over 30k HP, that much DoT is nothing :)

I am asking this since I still cant decide what set I will wear. As usual I will do major set change at 75-80. Celestial life leech vs balanced best parts from all sets. And also even if celestial still not sure. We need 8 parts for LL%, unlucky seraphim got very goodd chest and wings at both sets - endjian and celestial. For example endjian armor gives high value all channel dot protect + warding energy + % shield value thats great. On the other hand celestial armor gives damage mitigation. Dot can be aquired by amulets but damage mitigation I havent senn so maybe such jewelery doesnt exist.

Socketing I think + all skills, deathblow, dot protect, shield absorb to 80%.If celectial set also combat art will be must be since celestial set will not give me any to RT and EW.

Anyone knows how DB value rises with Coup de grace mod on Soul Hammer ? I have it at level 1 atm and I have never noticed so I guess base its like 1% or so.

The LL% set is good if you are boss hunting exclusively. Against normal mobs, the LL% isn't doing much at all. This is why I suggest that you keep 2 sets handy - one for boss hunting and one for normal hunting.

Damage mitigation can be acquired by unique amulets. Tanit's Collar and Darwagon's Circlet are the ones to look for. They're kinda hard to drop and don't provide all that much mitigation (around 1.5% at level 70 or so), but on higher levels and higher difficulties, the increase will be much more significant.

I think DB value is different from coup de grace, but I am not entirely sure, so you may want to test that out.

Or lots of boss hunting :) The BFG can take on every boss save for the White Griffin and the ones on the former Christmas island.

You can easily make a multi-socket, high close combat reflect set in which you can slap in a few socketables that improve your shield (and let's not forget that shield reflects magic and projectiles). Endijian's Pauldron (+ BFG buff boost) + Niokaste's Wings is a particularly good combo when you tackle close combat enemies, as you get 2 items with innate close combat reflect. This way you have Battle Stance + 2 set items that reflect close combat. Furthermore, the Seraphim has a lot of 3-socket armors to play with, provided you can find enough of them. When hunting in areas that are mostly populated with close combat attackers, high reflect can do just as well as damage mitigation.

When hunting for bosses, AW modded for salvo + Celestial set is the easiest way to go for sure :)

Anyone knows how DB value rises with Coup de grace mod on Soul Hammer ? I have it at level 1 atm and I have never noticed so I guess base its like 1% or so.

Ayup!

Coup de Grace gives deathblow of 25% + 0.5%per_CA_lvl. So, level 1 is 25.5% and level 10 would be 30%, Level 100 Soul Hammer offers 75% if the CA scales like I think it does.

Really didnt notice its 25% .. have to test it more .. but I am prety sure I bring mob below 10% and it still doesnt work.

As for sets + wings .. endjijan gives mitigation, celestial too so hard choice. Same for pauldrons .. celstial ones with damage mitigation ^^ The multisocket I have them.

Edited by Elwin
  • 1 month later...

First of all this is a fantastic build.

One question though. You have me learning RT Focus at 12 and RT Lore at 25. I can't learn Focus until I have 5 points in Lore right? So would you simply switch these 2 or have me learn Lore at 12, Focus at 18 and EW Focus at 25? Or am I just stupid?

Welcome to the boards, Niktaw!

Actually, if you put 5 points into Concentration between level 8 and 12, then RT Focus will be available for picking at that level!

Happy Hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry if I missed it but is there any specific weapon I should be using with this build? I gathered it was probably ranged but any type? unique or legendary? any help on this would be great thank you :).

Mistle

sorry if I missed it but is there any specific weapon I should be using with this build? I gathered it was probably ranged but any type? unique or legendary? any help on this would be great thank you :).

Mistle

Yeah, cast your bFG buff and it spawns an energy weapon that shoots projectiles (you need an empty weapon slot), plug away with that, thats the whole basis of this build.

well I feel stupid lol, here I thought you NEEDED a weapon, okay well thanks a bunch for that info :) another thing I was wondering about was which skills should be kept at char level?, I read only tactics and constitution. sorry for the nub questions lol, thanks again Dragon

Edited by Mistle

well I feel stupid lol, here I thought you NEEDED a weapon, okay well thanks a bunch for that info :) another thing I was wondering about was which skills should be kept at char level?, I read only tactics and constitution. sorry for the nub questions lol, thanks again Dragon

This guide has a list of suggested masteries, just follow that in terms of where you need points.

• 6 months later...

With only 9% damage mitigation from Toughness wouldn't a better skill choice be Damage Lore? The small amount of damage mitigation is easily taken care of thru items from what I read on your build.

Toughness mastery boosted by all skills can easily push the DM to over 22% at higher levels.

Edited by Dobri

Hey Dobri, nice build, ive installed the cm patch again and started from scratch with a seraphim and was wondering how you build your Shopper that you have level 140, could you just give me a skill layout to follow plz.

It was a stupid build really... No toughness, no revered lore (shield was measly 6K!) only shields and constitution. If I need to redo it, this is the setup I would use:

Magic:

Concentration (level 75 mastery)

Exalted Warrior Focus

Revered Lore

Revered Focus (level 75 mastery)

Weapon:

Ranged Weapons

Tactics lore

Utility:

Enhanced Perception

Bargaining (level 78-79 mastery)

Defense:

Armor Lore (1 point for a while)

Warding Lore (lvl75 mastery)

Attributes: All Vitality for more HP as backup.

This is a bit squishy to start with, but it works. You get the HP from your shield and Absorption Warding Energy socketables. Your main priority is to level up Warding Lore, Revered Focus and Concentration. Basic buffs are BFG and Battle Stance for easy groups and BFG and Warding Energy when you need the HP. You need to survive till level 75 with that - afterwards it gets easy. You have more than 5k HP, more than 10k shield, big gun, and good bargaining.

Yeah I started with the utilitis first, and by mistake maxed also Revered Lore, havent had the chance to pump much on concentration and still havent got revered focus, this is gonna take awhile also cash flow is so damn slow.

What good places are there to jump some levels im atm between orc area and human but mostly human still on 20's level area so its going really slow lol.

The best option in my opinion is: do quests. Gather a celestial set, put it on, get the life leech, be immortal and do bosses. You will see the levels simply fly by :)

Edited by Dobri
  • 2 years later...

Hi Dobri and everyone !

Great job you did on this build so many thanks.

I had a question though :

If you had to take off one skill (I know you wouldn't :lol: ) that won't tear down this build into pieces, would it be :

Toughness (low damage mitigation), Exalted Warrior Focus (we can mod Battle Stance from Tactics Lore but for eating BS runes we'll be always beyond penalty), Revered Technology Lore (we can mode AW and BFG from RTFocus, and AW will be powerful enough from eating numbers of BFG runes, and I don't know if RTLore increases damages very bad when BFG correctly modded).

I want to pick Enhanced Perception because I don't have any shopper and not willing to make one for now.

Thanks a lot !

• Like! 1

(wasn't able to edit previous post... sorry)

As I was still trying to figure out how turn this build in the perfect thing I was looking for, I realized I'm not a big fan of casting spells every 45sec (divine protection) and after researches warding energy buff is not that good (often goes into fading because too much damages taken) (do you agree with that? can't speak in experience about warding energy...)

Question is : what good options do I have to increase survivabiliy, damages mitigation, HP, defense, etc if I'm not taking warding energy and the two shields CAs.

Many thanks ! (and sorry for the double post)

• Like! 1
  • 5 years later...

About the gloves with conversion damage: am I looking for a specific pair of gloves with an enchantment that says "conversion damage to..." or do I need to look out for a ring or necklace to socket into the gloves? May I receive an example of what I'm looking for? Thanks for the attention.

• Appreciation 1