List of Enemies that Debuff in Sacred 2

Well now the Dark Fairies have another name, they're some sort of harpy creature I think. However they still debuff.

There's also the Sinister Prince and Walther who can debuff via expulse magic. Other than that I suppose in theory any enemy with reflect magic could debuff you if you try to debuff it.

• 2 months later...

I'm planning on starting a new Temple Guardian without (almost) any defensive skills, heavily relying on energie shields as buff...

..with the right item-mods (shopped amulets), the percentage of dmg taken by the shields can be boosted to like 80-90% or so.. therefore I wont need anything else for this farmer (enh perc,smith,barg)

so, I'm wondering, as can't remember atm:

weren't there even more (normal) foes besides various bosses/minibosses able use debuff,

or have some of the old/new creatures gained this ability since the addon ?

Edited by Rotluchs

I'm thinking that some enemies gained the ability rotluchs. Since installing Ice and Blood it's happened to me a few times that I lost one of my buffs. I'm not sure if I'm accidentally turning them off though... :)

I'm thinking that some enemies gained the ability rotluchs. Since installing Ice and Blood it's happened to me a few times that I lost one of my buffs. I'm not sure if I'm accidentally turning them off though... :P

you know, that actually happened to me just yesterday... with the addon, one has 5 weapon and 5 Combat Art-slots now, instead of 4... tried to switch to the 5th Combat Art-slot.. somehow my config files (the one before the addon plus the one after the addon) got mixed up, and key 5 was double-assigned to both buff 1 and Combat Art-slot 5 :) ..resetting the layout to 'default' / reassigning keys solved it then, however..

anyway and besides this, also think there're few more monsters now with debuff-ability.. will try to keep an eye open next time maybe I can single them out

• 1 year later...

I was working on the Northland Expedition tonight and something kept debuffing me. I looked up all of the monsters I was fighting in the wiki, but none listed debuff ability. I finally figured out it was the champion furies. Debuff makes an enemy VERY serious. The Ice Hydra was a cake-walk, but I had to run for my life several times from flocks of furies. :sweating:

Is there a listing of enemies with debuff?

Not sure if the wiki has an official list, but...

White Griffin

Undead Prince - Swamp

Furies - Xmas Isle

The Harpy Queen - Desert

That is a start, there is a couple more I think.

I was working on the Northland Expedition tonight and something kept debuffing me. I looked up all of the monsters I was fighting in the wiki, but none listed debuff ability. I finally figured out it was the champion furies. Debuff makes an enemy VERY serious. The Ice Hydra was a cake-walk, but I had to run for my life several times from flocks of furies. :sweating:

Is there a listing of enemies with debuff?

ha, I remember asking this question a while back too. It's a good list to have documented,but I can't find what was put together from then

Not sure if the wiki has an official list, but...

White Griffin

Undead Prince - Swamp

Furies - Xmas Isle

The Harpy Queen - Desert

That is a start, there is a couple more I think.

Nice list Loco. I did some quick researching through the Wiki...I think Walther also casts Expluse Magic, so he'll be pretty good at debuffing.

If we can get a complete list I can add a notes section in the bestiary under each enemy about it

This is great idea. I also want to see if maybe I can set up a new page system just for general info and notes about all ancaria enemies...mabye stemming off the first page in Bestiary. We can then, on that new general info page have group classifications for different types of enemies in the game. As you suggest knuckles, notes can be added on each enemy page...but we can also group a number of enemies by specific abilities perhaps to make player searches for enemies this way easier...kind of like we have Combat Arts set up in different groups like Healing DoT

:)

gogo

I'm pretty sure that viking god dude you fight after the ice hydra can debuff you just like the harpies outside his cave.

Sorry, I don't remember his name; I only fought him once.

I might be misremembering, so don't quote me on it.

I'm pretty sure that viking god dude you fight after the ice hydra can debuff you just like the harpies outside his cave.

I should be there tonight, so I am thankful for the warning.

I should be there tonight, so I am thankful for the warning.

Indeed that is the Troll looking boss named Walther or Haenir depending on CM or none CM.

Bosses with aliases? What is this, organized crime? :Just_Cuz_21:

I will be facing "Haenir" tonight.

Edit:

Haenir's Expulse Magic dispelled my Radiant Pillars but no debuff, so... :butcher:

Edited by lujate

Bosses with aliases? What is this, organized crime? :Just_Cuz_21:

I will be facing "Haenir" tonight.

Edit:

Haenir's Expulse Magic dispelled my Radiant Pillars but no debuff, so... :butcher:

yeah he is Walther in the Xmas quest or Haenir in the northern :) something quest that you start from Artamark's Gate .

Remember that the debuff spells are checked versus your spell resistance. So it isn't a 100 sure debuff. Perhaps someone could scan spells.txt for spells which would be able to do de-buffs and then creatures.txt to see which beasts got these spells.

One ca-attribute doing de-buffs is "et_closedown_buff" and it is found in:

"enemy_gen_chainlightning" = a certain chain lightning spell?

"boss_auge_traps_killbuffs" = trap from eye-boss ?

"dr_vo_verderbensfluch" = dryad's black curse

"tw_te_archimedisstrahl" = TG archimedes beam

Expulse magic is "he_ar_bannkreis" and is using "et_banish_spells" which is just in expulse magice and

"enemy_area_bannkreis" the equivalent for monsters.

So there are only 3 diffrent enemy attacks which are able to debuff. Now we need just the beasts who have them.

Edited by chattius

Remember that the debuff spells are checked versus your spell resistance. So it isn't a 100 sure debuff. Perhaps someone could scan spells.txt for spells which would be able to do de-buffs and then creatures.txt to see which beasts got these spells.

One ca-attribute doing de-buffs is "et_closedown_buff" and it is found in:

"enemy_gen_chainlightning" = a certain chain lightning spell?

"boss_auge_traps_killbuffs" = trap from eye-boss ?

"dr_vo_verderbensfluch" = dryad's black curse

"tw_te_archimedisstrahl" = TG archimedes beam

Expulse magic is "he_ar_bannkreis" and is using "et_banish_spells" which is just in expulse magice and

"enemy_area_bannkreis" the equivalent for monsters.

So there are only 3 diffrent enemy attacks which are able to debuff. Now we need just the beasts who have them.

The Chain Lighting one - that definitely sounds like the champion level Furies on your way to the Ice Hydra on Christmas/Northland Island...

yeah he is Walther in the Xmas quest or Haenir in the northern :) something quest that you start from Artamark's Gate .

I'm thinking you're thinking of the Northland Expedition quest that starts in Artamark's Gate.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I assumed that Haenir did not have debuff ability. With the Champion Furies, I always lost at least 1 buff, if not both. Haenir cast his Expulse Magic continuously, but my buffs were not affected. If he has debuff, the percentage chance must be incredibly low.

Debuffing with expulse magic like attack:

100 %chance that the dispel is tried if the spell is casted. High willpower characters, like my dragon-magic dragon mage with spellresistance skill and companion buff, are hard to debuff this way. I think my spell resistance is checked versus their dispel power. You notice something similiar in player vs player duells if an elf has expulse magic but not the arcane lore: less dispel power.

Debuffing with chain-lightning, eye-trap, ...

The spells have only a chance to debuff. Spell resistance don't seem to have an effect on the probability. So block/reflect combat art is the way to go.

I think there are two enemies missing that can also debuff. The Abishai of Dissension and the Inquisitor in light campaign on the bridge in the Great Machine before you come to Nimonuil. He has the same attack as the Furies like the Baneful Smite of the Seraphim, which can debuff.

Here is what I found in creatures.txt (showing id & name):

enemy_gen_chainlightning:
1070	"Special_BG_Hansi"
1802	"mainq_helf_inquisitor_duell"
1911	"Monst_harpy_cr1_elite"
1885	"Monst_DE_harpy_desert_boss"
11754	"Monst_griffin_bird_boss"

boss_auge_traps_killbuffs:
2038	"NPC_BF_mastereye_boss"
2149	"NPC_BF_mastereye_boss_easy"

enemy_area_bannkreis:
1876	"Dead_mummy_priest_boss"
1896	"Barb_troll_officer_cr1_boss"

My speculation:

Special_BG_Hansi - Hansi (Blind Guardian)

mainq_helf_inquisitor_duell - Nimonuil

Monst_harpy_cr1_elite - champion fury

Monst_DE_harpy_desert_boss - Harpy Queen

Monst_griffin_bird_boss - White Griffin

Dead_mummy_priest_boss - Dark Prince

Barb_troll_officer_cr1_boss - Haenir/Walther

I cannot even speculate what the two mastereye_boss entries are.

Edit:

I looked up Abishai of Dissension, and, based on the pic, I think he may be one of the mastereye_boss entries. Thanks Slevin for pointing out that boss.

Edit:

Found this thread that might explain the two mastereye_boss entries.

Edited by lujate