The January Sales Seraphim

This is my first go at writing out a build, so apologies in advance if things aren't in the order they're supposed to be in....

The January Sales Seraphim

You've seen them. Just after New Years when all the stores begin their January Sales, and you see the women outside, lining up, foaming at the mouth and their soulless eyes fixed on the front door of the store. Then comes 9.00am and boom, they're off.

When the dust settles, they walk out of the store, a clump of someone else's hair in one hand, and a pair of Jimmy Choo's that cost $15 in the other.

They are shopper.

They are treasure hunter.

They are warrior.

Thus comes my first build for Sacred 2, one that I'm currently rocking Ancaria with right now. The January Sales Seraphim.

Primarily aimed at beginners, this is also suited to those who wish to carry on from the recommended starting difficulty of Silver and go right through to Niob, getting only the best items that money can (and even cannot) buy! While other builds tend to be geared towards exploiting as many combat arts as possible, this build only uses three - yes, THREE - combat arts, and two of those are buffs! So lets begin....

The first thing you must remember is getting new skills. Actually, you should forget it. Don't think about learning a single new skill until you are at least level 6. To do this, you'll need to hang around outside Sloeford and do a spot of grinding. If you pick up any runes, then save them for now, we'll start using them when we learn some skills.

When you get to level 6 you should head to a safe spot and open up your attributes screen. Time to learn us some skills!

Level 6 - Skill 1 - Enhanced Perception

Lets start the ball rolling with one of the most important aspects of this build. It not only enables us to start finding some great items off the bat when out in the field hacking and slashing everything that moves, its also required to open up our next skill. Immediately drop five skill points into Enhanced Perception to select our second skill...

Level 6 - Skill 2 - Bargaining

Who needs a Mastercard when you have this skill? The higher a character's bargaining skill, the better items the merchants have. So right away, we have excellent drops out in the field and an excellent selection of goodies when we go to the shops! Bonus! But what good is having superb shopping skills when our chopping skills are lacking? Well, lets move on.

Level 6 - Skill 3 - Sword Weapons

While it might not be vital to other builds, the bonuses gained from having even one point in this skill are more than helpful with this build. Swords will be the January Sales Seraphim's main method of dispatching her enemies, and with Enhanced Perception and Bargaining to assist, we're going to have some awesome blades to choose from.

Learning your combat arts

If you managed to grab yourself a bundle of runes, then you can now head off to the Runemaster to get them converted. As mentioned before you will need only these three runes, in order of importance:

Pelting Strikes

Battle Stance

Warding Energy

Use only one rune for each combat art and for the forseeable future, keep it that way. Also, do not assign any more skill points until you reach level 8, when it'll be time to learn a new skill.

Once you reach level 8, open up your attributes and pump 5 points into Sword Weapons and the remainder into Bargaining , and learn the next skill.

Level 8 - Skill 4 - Dual Wield

Whats more scary than a Seraphim with a really big sword? Thats right. A Seraphim with TWO really big swords. This skill speaks for itself, and will enable you to become a killing machine, especially when using Pelting Strikes. Once you have learned Dual Wield, you need never bother with the Sword Weapons skill ever again. However, we still have a little way to go before this build truly shines.

Level 12 - Skill 5 - Exalted Warrior Focus

This will not only allow you to modify your Pelting Strikes attack as well as your Battle Stance buff, but with every point you add to the Focus, the less time it will take Pelting Strikes to recharge!

Level 18 - Skill 6 - Armour Lore

More benefits and bonuses from armour. Simple, really.

Level 25 - Skill 7 - Concentration

Now you can activate your Warding Energy as well as your Battle Stance and pretty much become what you would get if you locked The A Team in a shed with a shopping troller and a tank.

Level 35 - Skill 8 - Constitution

This increases your HP and your regeneration greatly, and if you keep adding the odd point into it you'll soon become the nightmare of January Shoppers across the world.

Level 50 and 65 - Skills 9 and 10 -

:)

To be honest, with the build standing as she is, I have no need whatsoever for any further skills. The points you get at level up are better put to use topping up Enhanced Perception, Dual Wield, Constitution, and if you want to boost your Pelting Strikes attack then learn a few more runes and then add skill points to keep the recharge time down to a minimun. If you always have your buffs active and your Pelting Strikes recharge time as low as possible, no enemies will get more than a couple of hits in. Of course, thats entirely up to you, but trust me when I say that, with the awesome weapons you will be able to pick up or buy, you're always going to have the upper hand on enemies.

*** IMPORTANT RULES OF THE JANUARY SALES SERAPHIM ***

There are a few rules that you must follow when going out and about with the January Sales Seraphim:

1. Always - ALWAYS - have Bargaining at the same level as your character. This means adding 1 point to it every time you level up.

2. To start with, any remaining points will need to go into Enhanced Perception, but eventually you can leave that skill for a few levels while you take care of some other skills, such as Dual Wield, Exalted Warrior Focus, and Constitution.

3. Carry 12 relics with you at all times - 6 with Bargaining + on them, and 6 with Enhanced Perception + on them, upgrading them whenever they increase by 1 point. Swap between them when you're out and about and before you speak to a merchant. If you combine this with using + All Skills rings/amulets and having weapons and armour with similar bonuses, you can effectively achieve a Bargaining and/or Enhanced Perception level twice that of your own character. This leads to all sorts of awesome, not to mention lightsabers. And you are dual wielding....

4. You can modify Pelting Strikes and Battle Stance however you like, but I recommend:

Pelting Strikes: Thrust/Focus/Precision

This gets you more hits, less recharge and critical hits.

Battle Stance: Aggression/Drill/Retalliation

This gets you stronger hits, reduces the recharge of all combat arts (including, yes, Pelting Strikes) and reflects some close-quarters attacks.

And there you have it....

The only thing you will need to worry about with this build is which stuff to equip and which stuff to sell. To give you some idea about how good this build is, by the time I hit level 50, I had over 15,000,000 gold in my purse. Whats that? Sounds about normal? Well, how about the fact I'd given 2,000,000 gold to each of my three friends who only recently bought the game and needed a starting boost, and then spent the best part of an hour shopping with a friend and his Shadow Warrior, buying him around 10 new weapons and around 30 items of armour (because his SW wasn't even getting 1 star items).

I've also had to set my auto-pickups to "2 stars or more" because I fill up my inventory in minutes, even though my total space used is 11/169, and the last time I saw a 1 star weapon or armour piece in a merchants.... well, I can't even remember!

And as for staying-alive-ability, I've got over 1800 Light Health Potions and over 1400 Health Potions, because in my left hand I'm holding a sword that leeches 30 HP with every hit, my left hand holds a sword that leeches 34 HP with every hit, and my armour and jewellery leeches another 45 HP with each hit - all bought or found - and I'm doing approx 15-20 hits per second.

She is shopper.

She is treasure hunter.

She is warrior.

Edited by Blokeymon

Heya,

kk, nice going there... the only thing I would have done different is Sword Weapons in a DW-build.... I'd go for Tactics Lore then.

Might wanna go for Rev Tech Focus and Warding Energy Lore for next skills, and you'll be a true Shopper-tank.

Have fun

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

I was thinking Tactics Lore in place of Swords, but I have noticed that when the seraphim uses her axes, her hit ratio seems to drop, yet her swords hit 99% of the time.

Whether Sword Weapons increases accuracy with them, I don't know, but if that really is the case, then as the swords are her primary weapon, then it pays to have the accuracy.

Its a first build anyways, but it does alright for me. :D

Bravo!

Well put together build, and it certainly answers the needs of today's demanding shoppers. Great this is a helper for beginners, as I sometimes wonder how peeps think all the super powered builds are made, and a guide like this helps players amass wealth, runes, gear and uniques while they level up and learn more about the game.

Glad you've had success with it and thank you for sharing this with us.

Nice work here Blokey

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly new to the game myself (just hitting around 40 hours with my 3rd character) and don't understand why you'd need your hand held past 50 never mind level 60. Surely you know how your build is panning out by level 60 and what it's lacking? Just use a skill that you think will benefit or complement your build, no?

The skills are what make sacred 2 good and give it some depth and 80% of that fun is making your own mind up what's needed and what isn't. Live dangerously for once and pick a skill that you think will benefit your play style.

I've trashed 2 characters early on as they either sucked or were copied straight from here and I soon lost interest using someone elses hard work.

why do most guides stop at 60:) I'm stuck with a guide I was following .. so what do I do after 65

Because level 65 is the last level where you can learn skills.

10 skills, and thats your lot.

Which is why most guides stop at 60-65.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question about the Pelting Strikes mods:

4. You can modify Pelting Strikes and Battle Stance however you like, but I recommend:

Pelting Strikes: Thrust/Focus/Precision

This gets you more hits, less recharge and critical hits.

It looks like you mixed up either the name or the description on the bronze mod. Thrust does more damage, Succession gives a chance for double strike. I think you meant to say Succession?

And I'll second Rectify's question about the attribute points.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, I also followed Barristan's advice on Tactics Lore, and thereby discovered a good reason for taking Sword Weapons - it unlocks combat modifiers (+Attack Value, +Damage, etc.) on swords. Dual Wield does NOT replace the weapon skills in this case, so it is beneficial to learn the weapon skill as well.

Edited by dr_ishmael

Ugh, I took thrust....oh well.

I lost my internet in a move for over a week but was still able to play my PS3 Sacred 2. I made a slight change(read: couldn't check the page) and went combat reflexes instead of constitution.

With 2 skills left I was wondering....smarter to go constitution and warding energy lore or con and revered tech lore or is it just possible to get away without constitution period?

Sorry its been a while, been busy playing Dead Space and Brutal Legend and oh dear lord everything else....

Okay, so, where we at, lessee....

1. Where did I put my stat points?

Okay, well, pretty much anywhere you like, but I would recommend putting them into those which will increase your attack power and increase your defence. Magic isn't so much of an issue as the majority of enemies (or so I've found) tend to be more about the ranged/melee attacks rather than spells, and those that are, well, using this build you've most likely slaughtered them before they attack you with their magicks.

2. Thrust or Succession?

Gah, I meant Succession, but still, with Thrust you get more damage, so I'm guessing the two would even out anyways.

3. Next skills?

Constitution is a must if you want to become nigh-invincible. It ups your HP by a large amount if you pump a lot into it, and can mean the difference between life and death. After that, you can choose pretty much whatever you like, cos your build (for what it is designed for) is complete after only 8 skills (9 for you, as you chose an additional skill).

I'm hoping to get back into this very soon, so expect to see a fair bit more of me around these parts again. Don't worry, I hadn't left! Just had a hell of a time recently! :)

Sorry its been a while, been busy playing Dead Space and Brutal Legend and oh dear lord everything else....

Okay, so, where we at, lessee....

1. Where did I put my stat points?

Okay, well, pretty much anywhere you like, but I would recommend putting them into those which will increase your attack power and increase your defence. Magic isn't so much of an issue as the majority of enemies (or so I've found) tend to be more about the ranged/melee attacks rather than spells, and those that are, well, using this build you've most likely slaughtered them before they attack you with their magicks.

2. Thrust or Succession?

Gah, I meant Succession, but still, with Thrust you get more damage, so I'm guessing the two would even out anyways.

3. Next skills?

Constitution is a must if you want to become nigh-invincible. It ups your HP by a large amount if you pump a lot into it, and can mean the difference between life and death. After that, you can choose pretty much whatever you like, cos your build (for what it is designed for) is complete after only 8 skills (9 for you, as you chose an additional skill).

I'm hoping to get back into this very soon, so expect to see a fair bit more of me around these parts again. Don't worry, I hadn't left! Just had a hell of a time recently! :)

Thanks for replying Bloky. It's really appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Reasonably new to Sacred 2 and really had no clear idea on build. So, Blokey, I took this build of yours as a starter. A+ man! A+. The seraphim I started last night operates much differently from the previous one I started. Thanks for the build.

BTW, I have been putting all stat points into Stamina to start. I do not find her lacking in damage output, for the moment. But, she is only level 10 and I have only finished the quests surrounding the two brigand camps.

• 4 months later...

Any updates on this build as of 04/18/10? I am curious about this build. I was going to go with soldats, Celestial Technobabe build from the starting gate. But later found out, this build requires elite gear to be invincible from the start.

This build will complement a beginner as well as find/buy the gear so said required for a Celestial Tech seraphim.

Furthermore, duel weild, if you could post up some recommendations. All I come up with are 2x low level Boneslicers, but then again, what do I know as of yet? The sabers so often talked about are non-visualy stimulating!

Great guide Blokey! :(

I remain, Etherian

Any updates on this build as of 04/18/10? I am curious about this build. I was going to go with soldats, Celestial Technobabe build from the starting gate. But later found out, this build requires elite gear to be invincible from the start.

This build will complement a beginner as well as find/buy the gear so said required for a Celestial Tech seraphim.

Furthermore, duel weild, if you could post up some recommendations. All I come up with are 2x low level Boneslicers, but then again, what do I know as of yet? The sabers so often talked about are non-visualy stimulating!

Great guide Blokey! :(

I remain, Etherian

Ah Sabers.... unfortunately Saber are in abundance. there are just too few textures for swords in this game. I enjoyed dual weilding axes for the Thud! sound they make when you hit. there are some very wicked looking axes in this game.

the Kaldur's_Legacy, rare but probably the best for its Life Leech %.

The Nadjii's_Splitter, another rare one but with RpH and Regen bonus built in it's sweet

The Orc_Shock the are more common and have nice bonuses

As for low level and attainable. theBoneslicer are hard to beat. the quest takes about 1 hour to do solo. you can get a buddy to finish the quest alongside you and get a matching pair pretty easily. And even without the Sword Weapon lore you can double up the offensive skills bonus. which at low level would be tactics lore and dual wield.

Here are all the unique All_Class_Unique_Swords_(One-Handed)

Thanks for reply Loco!

I am at level 8 on this seraphim build. Rebuilt 3x now. Still trying to figure this game out.

Playing Bronze to start. ~Learning~

Reason it took so long to reply...my email is not getting auto updates, but below this post ~when typing~ it says, "You are currently receiving email notification of replies. However, I am not! "Shrug"

Axes or Swords? Swords, I am staying true to Blokeys build. Although the Thud sound Axes make would be enjoyable! Perhaps in a different build.

Playing now alot. All of my server names are: [D.A.R.K.] Etherian / passwords are always: Matters

Join if you wish, I sure could use the help!

I remain, Etherian

Thanks for reply Loco!

I am at level 8 on this seraphim build. Rebuilt 3x now. Still trying to figure this game out.

Playing Bronze to start. ~Learning~

Reason it took so long to reply...my email is not getting auto updates, but below this post ~when typing~ it says, "You are currently receiving email notification of replies. However, I am not! "Shrug"

Axes or Swords? Swords, I am staying true to Blokeys build. Although the Thud sound Axes make would be enjoyable! Perhaps in a different build.

Playing now alot. All of my server names are: [D.A.R.K.] Etherian / passwords are always: Matters

Join if you wish, I sure could use the help!

I remain, Etherian

So you got your game and installed and playing and ... all is cool!

One quick note. the use of [D.a.r.k] is reserved for members of the clan [D.a.r.k]. sorry, don't wanna sound like a killjoy. But the clan is pretty serious about it's identity. I invite you to take a look at our clan rules and applications page for more info on us. thanks

As for your build and learning the ropes. please don't hesitate to ask questions and if you find yourself checking out HC on closed net I hope we run into you so we can get a chance to play together.

So you got your game and installed and playing and ... all is cool!

One quick note. the use of [D.a.r.k] is reserved for members of the clan [D.a.r.k]. sorry, don't wanna sound like a killjoy. But the clan is pretty serious about it's identity. I invite you to take a look at our clan rules and applications page for more info on us. thanks

As for your build and learning the ropes. please don't hesitate to ask questions and if you find yourself checking out HC on closed net I hope we run into you so we can get a chance to play together.

My bad on the [D.A.R.K] server names. Had no idea really. Thought it would be an EZ way to find me.

As far as build goes. Cannot unlock Duel Wield. I chose in order as build describes. Got up to choosing Sword Weapons. Cannot unlock Duel however, the game wants me to choose Ranged Weapons first. Then Duel Wield, seems like a waste of skill? So, I skipped Duel Wield and went with Exalted Warrior Focus. Until I can figure out how to choose Duel I'll stay true to path. At level 18 I'll unlock Concentration etc. etc. etc.

Save the Duel Wield all is well, at level 10 now. Just finished the Levi Tax Quest. Along with many side quests getting there. Read only 1 of each rune as Described. Keeping Bargaining at level, basically following the guide as best as possible.

Other question, I cant figure out how to modify Pelting Strikes? I have 2 hard skill into Exalting but...no idea how to modify? Guide says once you choose Exalting, should be able to modify.

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian

You need to invest 5 points into another offensive skill before taking Dual Wield, you should be able to mod pelting strikes when you have 3 points into Exalted Warrior Focus/Tactics Lore(both these skills will give you mod points), and by 9 points invested you should be able to fully mod it.

Edited by Spunky

No sweat. no harm no foul! we are all just glad your here with us!

Ok. let me check out your build here.....

O.K check this out Seraphim. Each class has primary and secondary skills. in order to unlock a secondary skill you must spend 5 hard points into a primary. in your case Sword Weapon Lore need 5 points before you can take Duel wield. this is a great build but the guide assumes you have played for a bit and have figured out some of the ins and out of the game.

1 rune at early level is a great idea.

As far as Mod points you will earn each point for an aspect with hard points spent in either the Aspect Focus or Lore. in this case you have chosen Exalted focus. the mod point disribution is out lined in the Combat Art window and here :Combat_Art_Modifications

So you gotta spend 3 points for the first mod point.

Edit: ah Spunky beat me too it. good job spunky, thanks

• 2 months later...

I started using this build for the first character of mine after starting back up after my ps3 got stolen. So I would have to say not too shabby. I need the gold to bargain and the EP to find tons of items since I'm starting completely over. However, its going well so far she is at level 23 in only about 5 hours of play plus I had to shop a while to get swords and rings/ammys. I don't think I ever made a complete bargainer before getting 2-3 times my level but this one is already pulling great items out of the shop. Can't wait to get home and continue playing.

• 3 months later...

Very great build. Couldn't be put any better. My uncle did this build a while back and noticed that he got items that I

Was getting while I was level 70 when he was 50.

Super great. Now all I need is a warrior with this stuff and I'm in.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, sorry guize. Not been on in a while due to having to reformat the PC and work changed and oh yeah, we got another kid on the way... little girl due 2nd Feb...

Thanks for all the positive comments, people. Didn't realise so many others would get such a great deal out of this build. If I'm honest, it was my first ever attempt at making an all-round character that would never be short of goodies, and it works!

Although just to add, a friend took this build on, but put a lot of points into his strength, and while he's just as adept at getting good deals and drops, he's a veritable slaughterhouse! He deals out 2.5x what I do, but - and I can't remember how exactly - his build suffers a little elsewhere.

But yeah, this build, even though it doesn't use the max number of skills, is pretty much complete. Once you go past the end of this build, how you continue to create is totally your choice. Just remember to bang points into Bargaining and EP! :P

(Also, my seraphim carries two axes as backup weapons, and even though she doesn't have Hafted Weapons, she sometimes dishes out more damage with them. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :o )

• 10 months later...

Hi, I just wanted to say I really love this build.

I already have a dryad shopper, but I have been looking for a DW/EP build, and this one is perfect.

Instead of taking Bargaining though, I'm going to take concentration early, so I can have WE/BS early on, to improve survivability :P

Also, would you say 1STR 1STR/1DEX 1STR/1DEX/1VIT is good, or should I focus more on VIT?

I know this is an old build and I don't expect to get a reply any time soon, but as a new player I just wanted to comment on how good this looks.

I haven't played this build Lydis, but maybe someone with more insight than me can come along and help you with your attribute picks.

Also wanted to welcome you to Darkmatters!

gogo