A comprehensive guide to the Pure Caster Inquisitor

Dobri you mention spamming Levin Array rapidly for the 2-5 mobs. I am asking about Levin for my own build because I may have misunderstood something. Does the DOT portion start stacking? In other words can you have 5 DOTS ticking at once (since they last 5 seconds I think). That way you would get 5 ticks each second or 25 ticks in 5 seconds. The DOT amounts to 1/2 the damage and it is not affected by magic armor. Sooooo if the DOT is not stackable I think it might be better to raise the Combat Art level so that the recharge is about 4 seconds. You would hit with the brunt of the array less frequently but you would be able to do more damage per cast. I am just learning so I am not sure if raising to 5x the recharge would increase damage by 5x. I love LA graphically though! Sounds like a fun barbecue.

Well, I think it does, because I saw the numbers going up rapidly and it proved to be a rather effective way of killing, at least in S2FA. The accelerated test on the inquisitor proved that it's just as good from start to finish. From level 1 through 100 it kills quickly everything that isn't resistant and you can easily play with LA + Clustering alone without bothering with the other aspect much. From 100 to 140 you will find yourself mixing it up because the monsters get tougher. In niobium the true challenge begins :)

As for the regen time, I have a "psychological predilection" to keep it as low as possible (like less than 1s), so... I can't help much here, unless I manage to get my stupid PC to install the game without going into full system block somehow. I'll be upgrading to vista in the next month or so, so I may be able to do it then.

If you're playing Ice and Blood (I don't have it yet), the deathblow% shouldn't apply for Astute and Nefarious aspects, which means you will be a little underpowered. Still, the pure caster inquisitor will be fun to play.

Edited by Dobri
  • 3 months later...

Great guide Dobri! I play on PS3, but I would've thought that a pure caster Inquisitor would work better in I & B, since it's now possible to take Ancient Magic. Guess not..

On a sidenote, the elongation mod may be more useful for Levin Array when using the CM + RT + LA combo, since Raving Thrust more often than not pushes some enemies out of range for LA (when modded with disperse).

• 1 month later...
Great guide Dobri! I play on PS3, but I would've thought that a pure caster Inquisitor would work better in I & B, since it's now possible to take Ancient Magic. Guess not..

On a sidenote, the elongation mod may be more useful for Levin Array when using the CM + RT + LA combo, since Raving Thrust more often than not pushes some enemies out of range for LA (when modded with disperse).

Great guide. One thing that occurred to me is with the mod to share damage with your party the 2 free bear pets in the game just got a whole lot more useful. Though I guess on free play it'd be a bit of a pain to go grab them every time.