Guild Wars 2 Trailer Premiere!

Double post because there are some new info :

Here's a blog entry about PvP : LINK

Here's the official page about the PvP types : LINK

And here's a special trailer for the Gamescom :

Max

I saw a raid video, this look wery cool.

I might be tempted to try it.

Even if I dont like PvP, there seems alot to do.

Edited by D-molisher
  • 4 weeks later...

This week is the Asura week, so here's some animation for the asura :

Here's some information about the asura creation process :

http://www.arena.net/blog/matt-barrett-on-asura-design

http://www.arena.net/blog/ambition-on-a-grand-scale-matt-barrett-talks-asura-environment-art

And here's Rata Sum, capital of the Asura :

Max

• 4 weeks later...

I read an article/blog yesterday where the person was ranting on and on about "new" players suddenly taking on GW1 just to get as many items for the Hall of Monuments as possible and basically missing the whole game experience because of their rush to gain items. Well, I don't mind loosing out on any Hall of Monuments items, but I left GW1 alone just for the reason that I don't want to suddenly go rushing through the game just in time for the GW2 release. But will I seriously be missing out on story?

I think that GW2 would be a "stand alone" story with some historical tie-backs to the original game, but ArenaNet are obviously aiming to draw as many new players to their game as possible and I think they won't let all us new players get the impression that we're loosing out on context/story because we did not play the original? I'm not saying that GW1 and GW2 won't have history/story in common, but I think it will be such that the players of GW1 get the "complete" experience, but that new gamers won't feel that they're getting an "incomplete" experience?

That said, I just can't wait for this game to be released! It really sounds like the type of game that I've been waiting for all along. And even the PvP looks awesome! I always had this idea of PvP about some random person passing by and jumping up and down to challenge me to a duel (which I always lost in RoM).

It just feels like this all the time: scan00081.jpg

That's just no fun, although I know that there are dedicated PvP servers, but trying your hand at PvP with low-level characters was even less fun.

But GW2 seems to get it spot on with pre-set PvP levels and the zone control idea (I'm sure there's gonna be other types). And the WvWvW also sounds brilliant. I think I'll be spending most of my time in the PvE environment, but by the sounds of it some person from your server might be busy in WvWvW and when in need of assistance, might give a call to arms to the PvE players and then you can quickly switch over to assist. The great thing is that you can assist in any way - you don't need to be the highest level with the best gear and most finely tuned build to get your hands dirty in WvWvW! You just slot in and do whatever you can to assist!

I'm still pondering this dynamic event system. It's a really great idea, but I just hope that I don't miss too much of these by arriving at the scene moments after the final blow has landed, or arriving late and missing the whole intro to the event. Or running right past the event start point 5 minutes before it actually starts and missing out on the whole thing all together... I'm sure it won't turn out like that, but it's just a concern.

Another (small but great) idea is that you can craft your existing item's properties into a new itme you found that looks a whole lot better than your current equipped item. In Sacred 2 I sometimes switch over to "lesser" gear, just because it looks so much better, but no need to loose properties anymore! :BlobRed:

Still looking forward to see if they will make airship guild halls. :xmastree:

Edited by Scleameth

I read an article/blog yesterday where the person was ranting on and on about "new" players suddenly taking on GW1 just to get as many items for the Hall of Monuments as possible and basically missing the whole game experience because of their rush to gain items. Well, I don't mind loosing out on any Hall of Monuments items, but I left GW1 alone just for the reason that I don't want to suddenly go rushing through the game just in time for the GW2 release. But will I seriously be missing out on story?

I think that GW2 would be a "stand alone" story with some historical tie-backs to the original game, but ArenaNet are obviously aiming to draw as many new players to their game as possible and I think they won't let all us new players get the impression that we're loosing out on context/story because we did not play the original? I'm not saying that GW1 and GW2 won't have history/story in common, but I think it will be such that the players of GW1 get the "complete" experience, but that new gamers won't feel that they're getting an "incomplete" experience?

I don't think GW2 will require any knowledge of the previous game to enjoy. From the sounds of it there won't even be that many tie-ins to GW1. Yeah, you'll get a "blast from the past" when seeing the ruined-then-rebuilt Lion's Arch. Maybe mentions of a few things here and there but the world of Tyria has "moved on" from the events of 250 years ago (gw1). I think the only other bit of information that any player of GW1 will understand is the animosity between the Humans and Charr. I'm sure that will be easy enough to enlighten the new players to, though.

In short, I don't think you'll have to worry about anything :)

Yeah, you'll get a "blast from the past" when seeing the ruined-then-rebuilt Lion's Arch. Maybe mentions of a few things here and there but the world of Tyria has "moved on" from the events of 250 years ago (gw1). I think the only other bit of information that any player of GW1 will understand is the animosity between the Humans and Charr. I'm sure that will be easy enough to enlighten the new players to, though.

In short, I don't think you'll have to worry about anything :)

Thanks - I thought as much. But with GW2 (hopefully) only released sometime in 2012, I guess that with all the reading I'm doing atm, I will have a very good understanding of the entire GW1 gameworld in any case! :D

I wonder if it won't be worth my while to get a copy of GW1? I'd hate to have played it half way before GW2 is released, but I'd also hate if GW2 is only released, say 4th Q 2012 and I could have had a good GW1 innings? I'll see how work goes this December and make the call...

Thanks - I thought as much. But with GW2 (hopefully) only released sometime in 2012, I guess that with all the reading I'm doing atm, I will have a very good understanding of the entire GW1 gameworld in any case! :D

I wonder if it won't be worth my while to get a copy of GW1? I'd hate to have played it half way before GW2 is released, but I'd also hate if GW2 is only released, say 4th Q 2012 and I could have had a good GW1 innings? I'll see how work goes this December and make the call...

I will not try to persuade you in one direction or the other but one thing to keep in mind is that GW1 and GW2 are relatively different from each other by a pretty decent amount. While the core concept behind battling is roughly the same (and unique...and awesome, IMHO) many other things that any long-term GW1 player is very used to has drastically changed.

My point is, while GW1 is an awesome game and I enjoyed the many many hours I put into it, GW2 is in my opinion vastly improved upon. It is just something to keep in mind should you choose to visit the land of Tyria 250 years prior to GW2 timeframe.

Another bonus is, GW1 and all expansions are cheap right now so as long as you can justify the purchase I don't think you'd be wasting your money.

I like the way stuff floats too lol

An interesting looking race...what are they being based upon?

You could say they're the typical goblin or gnome tinkerer/engineer race class. They're the smart, uppity race. They master the arcane energy to create "futuristic" technology like the GOLEMs and floating stuff :) Oh, and the all important gateways (teleporting you across great distances) that seem to be integral to the world in GW2's setting. In GW1 the Asura were just discovered, and their Gates.
  • 3 weeks later...

and they say this is a "lieutenant" dragon and not one of the bigger dragons in the game ^^

I just can't wait for the release!

I can't imagine something bigger to go up against! The scale of this is just unbelievable. I keep blinking to give it perspective

Thats a pretty darn large dragon...can't imagine there being one too much bigger.

This is my favorite art. Grotesque stuff like from Alien, and undeadery. Sacred's is cute, yeah yeah, but now.. we want fathomless, crazy, wild stuff. This is so lovecraftian, I can hardly wait!

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...