How to Reduce Horse Combat Art Regens

Anyone managed to bring the actual used horse-ca regeneration times down to the ones which are shown when you look at them? Seeing 8 seconds regeneration time and waiting a feeled minute is kinda preventing everyone to try a rider who uses the horse-Combat Arts.

Chattius, I broke your post off from the other topic on horse speeds and let it on it's way on it's own topic hoping that one of the modders here can take a look at this. I'd have to say the the regen bug was probably one of my biggest frustrations with this build. If a codemaster is able to help with proper regens, at least this would be a boon so single players.

:)

gogo

Yes, I never had english at school so I have not that big vocabulary. When you ride a war horse and move your mouse on the charge combat art: you see something like 8 seconds. Then you do the charge and stop the time it really takes: more than half a minutes. Later you should have 2 seconds regeneration times, which would make the character playable as horse-ca character, but its still several times higher than shown.

You gave up on buffs and your normal combat arts when riding a horse, so at least the combat arts of the horse should regenerate quicker than god powers (having the god skill).

• 7 months later...

I am trying to do my own horse-Combat Art's now. I hope to do it the way that every horse-type will get 3 individual horse-Combat Art's.

For example the flame horse:

The jump could do damage like propelled levitation, but not as much. But enough to pre-damage mobs to use normal weapon-hits with deathblow to finish up.

The rear-up could shoot like archangel's wrath.

The unicorn:

A rooting jump like forest flight

A rear-up with an effect like tangled vines

I hope to speed up the balancing by staying a little below in damage to existing comparable combat arts. It is still better than having only normal weapon attacks on horse-back.

I am trying to do my own horse-Combat Art's now. I hope to do it the way that every horse-type will get 3 individual horse-Combat Art's.

For example the flame horse:

The jump could do damage like propelled levitation, but not as much. But enough to pre-damage mobs to use normal weapon-hits with deathblow to finish up.

The rear-up could shoot like archangel's wrath.

The unicorn:

A rooting jump like forest flight

A rear-up with an effect like tangled vines

I hope to speed up the balancing by staying a little below in damage to existing comparable combat arts. It is still better than having only normal weapon attacks on horse-back.

Okay...now I see what you were hinting at in the german forum, chattius.

Now for the BUT: Unfortunately you can't create new spells. You can use some unused ones and adapt them for you purpose, but keep in mind that some effects are still hardcoded (like switching targets on multiple attack spells) and I would therefore not reccoment to do it that way.

If you want to give individual Spells to Mounts, you can use the original unmodded Spells that creatures or even characters get (meaning that you have to change the I.e. "mount_aufbaeumen" spell of the mountcreature in the creatures.txt to some other spellname) and set their strength by balancing the mounts boni on the base values it needs for it or even boni on the Combat Arts themselves. (I will gladly help you with that.)

A wonderful sideeffect of this would be proper (or more accurate) reg-times and the description of the spell matching to what it actually does. :(

Edited by czevak
  • 5 months later...

Totally forgot this thread:

I fixed the buggy horse Combat Arts at least for me, by removing all regeneration times!

They start with a slightly higher cooldown now, but the cooldown reduces with higher combat art level. Horse characters proofed to be playable up to gold difficulty. So the idea is quite simple to control the horse regeneration times with their cooldown. So stamina, concentration and so on have no effect on them.

Horse-Combat Arts are still spells, so ancient magic, combat discipline, intelligence boost their damage. For roleplay reason we use flame horses because of this.

My whole reading into spells.txt and it flags, doing maths for armours and hit chances and so on , was mainly because I promised my daughters that I will try to make horses usable :)

My whole reading into spells.txt and it flags, doing maths for armours and hit chances and so on , was mainly because I promised my daughters that I will try to make horses usable :)

You are a great parent for working so hard to make your daughters play more enjoyable. Not many parents in the US take the time to learn what games their kids are playing leave lone finesse them for most enjoyable play. My 8 yr old granddaughter is into horse games as well and I've spent several hours with her learning the ins and outs of her games. I raise my mug in cheers to you. :)

Edited by rnarchlord