The Dragon Mage - New Pix, Info and Combat Arts Listing

Chrona

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tons of new weapons :viking:

Legendary: Dima and St.Anna got a ring

Great news there Chrona, finally some legendaries can be found :)

Edited by Spunky

I am currently at work for 7 more hours. And I had a stupid idea. We tried a horse using Dragon Mage with whirlwinds following it. But knowing that the dragon forms don't allow you to use buffs or normal Combat Arts that is quite the same as with horses.

So a possible build idea could be:

Storm Dragon

Do whirlwind modified for radius and duration and transform into a dragon while whirlwinds are active. It will be a multiaspect Character, so even if the idea fails it will still hold a lot of possibilities:

elementalist lore - whirlwind for radius and duration (it should last while we are a dragon)

armour

elementalist focus

dragon focus - the familiar buff for more intelligence while we fight on feet with whirlwinds, more damage for staff melee too in early levels

concentration - for familiar and protection rune buff

mentalist focus - protection rune buff ,bronce on stun because I hope for working mitigation later on, arrow and ca block

mentalist lore

ancient magic

toughness

? -- constitution if the mitigation idea fails- alchemy, bargaining (well for people who know that it works and can choose it way earlier) or dragon magic lore are options I consider.

No shield lore, useless in dragon form.

Can't decide on gold mod for whirlwind. Is disarm working, will enemies loose their weapons so you can pick them up?

Edited by chattius
Can't decide on gold mod for whirlwind. Is disarm working, will enemies loose their weapons so you can pick them up?

no, you can't pick it up

critical is the better mod

sucks that the consoles will likely never see this :viking: ...oh well whats more important is if the game is patched by external developers :/

Agreed. I'm just crossing fingers on this, and hoping for the best for the consolers to be able to play this

There are tons of new weapons :)

Legendary: Dima and St.Anna got a ring

Great news! I love equipment, who doesn't? I'm having a wonderful happy moment with my coffee here

:)

gogo

finished my second DM, now we've level 50/90 niobshopper :4rofl:

start now a bosskiller

btw: Dima take enhanced perception

gives +mf%

level 1 = 1,9%

level = 2,7%

level 64 = 30,5%

Tried before doing homework with kids:

Whirlwinds vanish if a dragon mage transforms. Too bad, was a nice idea.

A dryad with dual wield and two staves with staff lore (new in AddOn, dryads get staff lore) shoots only once, if she clicks at a distant target, there goes another good idea.

Just read on another forum that if you add "BigHeadmode=1" in the options.txt file, everyone has big heads.

Can Chrona or anyone who has the game try this and show us what it looks like?

Max

sucks that the consoles will likely never see this :) ...oh well whats more important is if the game is patched by external developers :/

Agreed. I'm just crossing fingers on this, and hoping for the best for the consolers to be able to play this

It's wishful thinking Gogo with me being a console player and drooling over these pictures. But remember what Tom said a couple months back "if they got the contracts signed..." I would have to assume since Ascaron and Studio 2 have locked doors that said contracts didn't get signed. So therefore no expantion for consoles. I'm still wishing and praying to every god I come arcoss that it does happen, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Just read on another forum that if you add "BigHeadmode=1" in the options.txt file, everyone has big heads.

Can Chrona or anyone who has the game try this and show us what it looks like?

Max

hmm I wrote "BigHeadmode=1" in my optionscustom.txt _->the optionscustom don't work now

can you post me the link plz

Thanks for all this great info. I still hope and cross my fingers that the game comes out on xbox360.

only have a laptop and it wouldnt run on that one anyway. tested the demo way back ago, it was too laggy.

keep the info comming ^^

• 2 weeks later...
I got another question involving the Ice & Blood expansion. How many extra character slots for Closed Net do we get? Any Idea Chrona?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

You'll get 2 new slots :butcher:

Ah nice! so Schot was right (he guessed 2, I guessed 4 ^^)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras