How to make colonies with large fields faster

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

This thread is for our new players here regarding their new succeses with new planets in their star spanning empire.

The colony ships don't cost that much.

It's the constant tries and time used in this venture that are costly.

1-Build 6 colony ships

2-Find the part of the galaxy you want to colonize in.

3-Send all six colony ships to that part of the galaxy within a two ss distance of each other, targeting only slots 4, 5, 6

3-Allow a two minute interval between the landings of the colony ships.

4-After the first colony ship lands check and see how many fields it has. You now have two minutes to decide on whether the number of fields this colony has is enough for your needs or not.

5-If the new colony does not have enough fields, no worries. Just delete it. Your next colony ship will land within the next two minutes. Hopefully with better results.

Of course this is no guarantee of obtaining the 300+ field planets. But in ogame all you can ever really do is weigh things a little more on your side, right?

Best wishes with your game.

:D

gogo

Guest gogoblender

the two minute interval is to allow for lag and decision making on the players' part

Let's say you are sending six colony ships within two minutes apart...these six colony ships are only being used to seed ONE colony.

We are attempting to produce a planet with the highest number of fields on it.

Myself, I never now go for a planet with less than 250 fields.

So, if the first planet seeded by my first colony ship gives me, for example, a planet with only 150 fields in it, I now have 2 minutes to decided whether to keep it or not.

I usually decide not to, click delete on that new planet...

And wait for my next colony ship to arrive at the next spot I've chosen for it.

This method gives six tries with two minuts apart counting for decision making and lag.

gogo

This thread is for our new players here regarding their new succeses with new planets in their star spanning empire.

The colony ships don't cost that much.

It's the constant tries and time used in this venture that are costly.

1-Build 6 colony ships

2-Find the part of the galaxy you want to colonize in.

3-Send all six colony ships to that part of the galaxy within a two ss distance of each other, targeting only slots 4, 5, 6

3-Allow a two minute interval between the landings of the colony ships.

4-After the first colony ship lands check and see how many fields it has. You now have two minutes to decide on whether the number of fields this colony has is enough for your needs or not.

5-If the new colony does not have enough fields, no worries. Just delete it. Your next colony ship will land within the next two minutes. Hopefully with better results.

Of course this is no guarantee of obtaining the 300+ field planets. But in ogame all you can ever really do is weigh things a little more on your side, right?

Best wishes with your game.

;)

gogo

sorry gogo, but I didn't like to way you try. First of all, colony ships are so slow and when you use 6 slots for them to get one colony, it is sound like spending more time to me. With those other 5 slots I could easily raid some victims :)

O game is about possibilities and you might get a good planet size on your first try (you might not too :D ). So this time you have to wait till your 5 colony ship will come back, which is usually quite long. And also when those 5 colony ships will return, I don't know where you can use them :)

I do prefer to build 1 ship at a time and send for a mission, than decide keep it or not. If necessary go for the next one....

Everybody has different game style, I just wanted to share mine.

Guest gogoblender

True Yarasa

POssiblities and differing game styles is what makes this game so intersting.

heh, I just got so tired of waiting all the time for one colony ship to come back with what were seemingly so bad results all the time.

And...when I was spamming my seeding of high fielded planets, I was doing it from one planet over to slots just a few ss's away!

heh, so the slots and time investment was high peaking for a period of time, but I got good results back fast.

In the beginning of the game where we are seeding from great distances to far away gals, maybe my system isn't as hot as a person seeding in mid game to places close by.

gogo

Yeah, this system would definately be out of the question early on, but for colony replacement, or empire expansion of an established empire with good resource income, this seems pretty solid.

I'll probably try this when I need a larger colony or two and have the resources to spare to try it.

Excellent reference thread /thumbsup

Its interesting to hear everyones differing strategies and yeah it does make a difference as to whether or not you are colonising in the beginning with a small economy or if you are further on in the game and already have nine planets and are just looking for bigger ones....at that stage of the game colony ships do not cost much and you can afford to waste a few, however at the beginning of the game it takes so long to get the resources to build a colony ship that you wouldnt want to waste them like that....I know at the beginning I kept a few small planets until I had nine and then blew them up as the resources I made in the meantime from the small planets outweighed the points I ended up losing blowing them up.....and helped me get the next planet quicker....

Ok I think I may have rambled....hope it makes some sense..... /rolleyes

Guest gogoblender

nope no rambling at all darlin

It's really important for us to find good strategies in our role as teachers to new players in our wing as well as visiting ogame community members.

Discovery and debate in threads like these help everyone post what was believed to be absolute truths and paint them agains the context of community usage where so called earlier useful facts find their place within the context of a shared reality.

I myself have learned a ton about what I thought was the absolutely correct way to make colonies because I had simply forgotten how long and arduous the beginning of this game was!

:)

gogo

Yep...at this stage of the game its easy to forget how far we have actually come....it was sooooo slow in the beginning /rolleyes

And I am still learning new stuf all the time, and mostly it is when new players ask questions...so everyone ask away...its good for us all :pitcher:

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting opinions. I thought I'd share my strategy that has worked well for me.

When you're first starting out, research the techs needed to build a colony ship as quickly as possible. After you finally have your first colony ship, find a good location somewhere that has solar system slots 4,5 and 6 empty in 2 adjoinig systems. Send your ship out to slot 4 and keep it regardless of how many fields it has. Send that colony as much starter resources as you can afford and make it capable of building colony ships as quickly as possible. As each colony ship is ready send it to any of the remaining 5 slots you had picked out. From now on, don't keep any colony with less than 250 fields and if your first colony is less than 250 delete it as soon as you have one that is at least 250. Before long you will have six large colonies to build up. :)

• 1 year later...