Chrona's Elemental Dragon Mage Video - Ice and Blood

Chrona

Well the difference between a dragon mage and a battle mage is that the high elf is the battle mage. The dragon mage has not a single combat art for melee combat. Closest to melee combat is dragon berserker form, but then this is same for everyone. Alls what is effecting berserkerform is dragon magic focus, no equipment, weapons, attributes.... count.

And people playing the berserker say that he becomes weak very quickly. When I am home from work (3 more hours) I will try our horse dragon mage as a berserker. The idea of the horse mage was to have long lasting whirlwinds while on the horse. So I wonder if doing a whirlwind and then transforming will add some more combat power.

Someone in the german forum said that reducing +allSkills, deathblow, making the opponents tougher, bosses having more hitpoints,... killed all the fun builds and only serious builds will survive. I hope to prove the opposite. I will start a character which combines berserk and whirlwind.

What is a bit sad: You can choose hair colour and hairstyle for female characters in the AddOn, but it is not saved somehow.

What is a bit sad: You can choose hair colour and hairstyle for female characters in the AddOn, but it is not saved somehow.

maybe your toon is bugged.

St.Anna's HE works great with new hairs :4rofl:

Chrona, is that a combo you're using in the video?

Can you tell us which of his Combat Arts you are using?

Seems to work very well.

And also, got any tips for newbie Dragon Mages?

Which reminds me, lol...gotta open up the new DragonMage forums here ^^

:4rofl:

gogo

Chrona, is that a combo you're using in the video?

Can you tell us which of his Combat Arts you are using?

Seems to work very well.

And also, got any tips for newbie Dragon Mages?

Which reminds me, lol...gotta open up the new DragonMage forums here ^^

gogo

yes its a combo: Destroyer(Explosive -Swarm-Swarm)->Gust of Wind(Stun-Radius-Impact)

I'll post my complete build in the new DragonMage forum :) ,but its my first DM-maybe I made some mistakes

If anyone need, I can export level 50 unscilled (only bargain/armore lore) and level 75 elementalbuild. You can test the toons in Lan- after getting the addon

I'm setting up the new page on the wiki now and will have the forums up here shortly for us at DarkMatters. Chrona, can the Dragon Mage choose both paths, or just one?

gogo

Hey nice video there :viking:, have you chosen riding? as I saw your regeneration penalty on your mount was quite low, it usually is +60% always on my mounts without riding.

Edited by Spunky
Hey nice video there :viking: , have you chosen riding? as I saw your regeneration penalty on your mount was quite low, it usually is +60% always on my mounts without riding.

I don't choose riding. riding don't work on special mounts

I buy all ten level a new mount=>>> decrease the mountlvl and the penalty

Sure riding don't work with special mounts? with one of my chars I have the regen penalty down in +10%, couldn't think that it could get that low without riding :viking:

Heya,

yes, I'm quite sure riding DID work with special mounts.... is this add-on based :)

Greetz

Miranda (level 200 HE) told me this, I never choose riding sry

ah, great

Can you please also tell me what his starting Health Points are?

Thanks!

:viking:

gogo

statsyki.jpg

Edited by Chrona

Chrona, the only other thing Gogo would need would be a picture of his HP points at that point (since HP isn't shown on the character screen by default). That's the main part that can't really be determined for sure (I might see if there's a formula, but not sure atm if there is)

I can try riding with special mounts when I am home from work. I tried a horse riding dragon mage with whirlwinds. Riding is right so I used alchemy to unlock it. With alchemy I got boss kill abilities this way too: x% life leech shuriken with attack value and attack speed from trophies.

I hope to reduce reg-penalty with riding mastery and having the elemantalist special mount so that they turn into a bonus, specialized in one aspect.

After noticing that transforming into a dragon stops all effects, even active whirlwinds, and horse-ca#s still untouched, the dragon mage has at least a mount which looks a bit like a horse. So my daughter decided to give a mounted dragon rider a try.

Alchemy, riding

elemental lore/focus, dragon focus, mentalist focus, ancient magic, concentration

armour, toughness

Idea: fire and physical mitigation from buffs, together with toughness and equip, Protection rune to stun nearby enemies. The idea is to defend with buffs and speed.