Chrona's Elemental Dragon Mage Video - Ice and Blood

Chrona

Seeing Chrona's Elementalist Video, considering my daughter's wish to play a character which uses a horse, I wondered if riding would be a nice addon to Chrona's character.

For Elementalist playstyle is needed:

Elementalist lore and focus, ancient magic

For horse-ca playstyle is needed:

riding, ancient magic

For buff defense is needed:

concentration, elementalist focus, mentalist focus, dragon focus

To unlock riding:

alchemy

Killing ability, which can't be blocked by block/reflect-CA

alchemy

That are 8 skills, 2 left for protection. With better healing because of alchemy, hitpoints from the dragon buff, constitution might not really be necessary. Armour lore is a must have. Seeing that the dragon mage can use a shield (ice-unique with mitigatiion), has set items with multichannel damage mitigation and 2 buffs to give physical and fire mitigation, I will give toughness a try. This sums up to:

2 elementalist lore

3 armour lore

5 elementalist focus

8 dragon focus

12 concentration

18 mentalist focus

25 alchemy

35 riding

50 toughness

65 ancient magic

Starting with whirlwind for long lasting damage in early game. Getting the dragon companion for intelligence and hitpoints. Add protection runes as 2nd buff, build up destroyers.

Alchemy to have riding, to lower regeneration times of a elementalist special horse down to near zero penalty or even a bonus.

Toughness may be more important than ancient magic around level 50.

Ancient magic to break immunities in the higher difficulties.

Alchemy will allow left click attacks with life leech shurikens against bosses.

There is nothing a transformed dragon mage can do: except using his dragon/berzerk Combat Arts and ALCHEMY!

So the 75 points for dragon focus mastery will be used to modify the companion and the 2 transformations. The transformations gain nothing from the lore and so we don't have wasted Combat Arts here.

The mentalist tree will give protection runes and combat trance. I am not sure what to take as number 3.

I hope this build combines: horse, elementalist and transformation to have some variety in playstyle. Sadly we lack the time to play high specialized characters, so we try to test a lot of stuff inone build. The build idea above was done before seeing the videos, because long lasting Whirlwinds are more or less the only way to raise the damage of a horse-rider. So only 50 and 65 are still open and ancient magic is a must have.

Feedback is welcome, because I lack the time to play more than 20-30 minutes a day for next months. So if you know of sever problems this build will suffer from, please tell them before too much time is wasted.

Lot of time to read and post and think, but none to play.

• 4 weeks later...
If anyone need, I can export level 50 unscilled (only bargain/armore lore) and level 75 elementalbuild. You can test the toons in Lan- after getting the addon

I've got some level 200 unskilled characters (all classes, IIRC it's all classes with both old & new regen styles, though I can't remember off the top of my head) if anyone wants them.

I was wondering, is Ice & Blood installer multi-language ?.

Nope, there's separate localisations for French, English, etc.

hey Llama,dont suppose you have a dragonmage unskilled?,I'd love to test it on a lan freeplay game once I get my copy of Ice and Blood,

which should be soon(released on fri according to amazon uk)so I should have it by mon/tues next week,

I'd just love to test it to see what it offers,if you could spare one with the new regen system that would be great

thanks in advance.

Both my daughters (11+14 years old) say that the dragon mage is too easy. So the oldest is playing the dragon mage now bojitsu style, fighting with a staff and no spells and already at level 83 in two weekends and around 16 hours playtime.

I can even babysit while playing my elementalist dragon mage (level 153) with riding and alchemy:

Switching the companions to swarm out, use target seeking whirlwinds and destroyers, do a mahlstrom around you to slow approaching enemies. Then all you have to do is to press 1 (quick casting) for destroyer/gust of wind combination every 2 second without even looking. After a minute an area 9 times the screen is emptied.

Gust of wind is pushing the approaching enemies out of screen and the destroyers are following them. So they sooner or later pull all enemies in a wide wide radius to the dragon mage.

I stumpled accidently on this playstyle:

I wanted quick spells, I had nice riding speed from mastery, so I did some gallopping to get a distance to tracking enemies and then I fired some quick destroyers and gust of winds. I wanted them quick regenerating because speed was my main defense.

Then with finding the ice shield, toughness at mastery, set piece and 2 jewels with multichannel mitigation I tried out if I could fight stationary and it was really easy.

Considering that I have riding and alchemy, a full 3 aspect dragon mage might be easy to play with even way more power.

There is a thread about an unskilled dragon mage in german forum, level 50 or so. At least it was level 50 when I last looked.