Return to Titan Quest Immortal Throne

Hey guys,

MODS: Please move this where appropriate. I know this isn't the best spot, but well,... I didn't know where to put it. If it violates your thang here, delete it :)

Ok, I would like to offer those feeling burned out of sacred with all the expansion crap, unavailability in NA areas, etc etc something.

Recently, I have gone back to Titan Quest Immortal Throne.

Now, there isn't a hardcore mode, but the game is probably the finest ARPG since anything. It's got great challenge for those that have never played, and insane mods for groups of players that have experience (with the game) and high end characters.

I run a server called 'r00s c00p' pretty much daily, as much as I can.

I runs on the fan created bug fixing patch, version 117. It fixed a ton of stuff, and the community support for it is amazing.

(link below)

I have recently been playing with many 'refugees' of sacred. Trust me, Sacred 1 was my favorite game. Sacred 2 could have been. The lobby mess, the expansion mess, the redoing of all characters and such every patch grew tiresome, and I don't even know if the expansion will be making it's way to Canada or the US.

I know that Dobs and llama have been back on Titan Quest, D-Mol, I have met a friend of yours who said to call him [darkelf] and you would know him, that he is now back on TQ, etc etc etc. He wanted you and stubby to come over too.

There have also been more, all coming to my server r00s c00p.

I run the server in all difficulties as players want. I have probably about 14-15 characters in TQ, around 11 finished legendary, 2 or so in epic, a few in normal, and am always willing to start a new toon to group with cool people.

Also, in high level games, with characters level 60ish or so, I run a mod called 'xmax' so that grouping is insanely fun. It gives about 10x the normal monsters to areas, and 3x the bosses. You guys have no idea how fun it is to group in this mode with other players. Fun stuff. (this is the 'players -10 for you diablo types :))

Lastly, this need be said, TQ has no 'closed net' meaning that cheats do happen. However, know that on my server, no one cheats or is allowed to. We run clean games. There is the ability to 'inspect' players, and having like 15 chars, I know bad gears etc when I see it. So rest assured all is clean :)

Anywho, just throwing this out there, to invite anyone here who wants to, to come join me in TQ.

Here are some screenies of 1 player xmax (it keeps scaling for more players even...) which is sure to kill... er... 'challenge' even the best ;)

Cheers guys.

P.S. again mods, if I've broken any rules I apologize :)

fanpatch : http://www.titanquest.net/forums/bugfix-fa...tch-1-17-a.html

everthing: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/modificat...s-programs.html

tqit2009090201050830.th.jpg

tqit2009090201053205.th.jpg

tqit2009090201053967.th.jpg

tqit2009090201055461.th.jpg

Edited by gogoblender
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking for a new game and this looks pretty sweet. I'll see if I can find a cheap copy and give it a shot. Is there a lobby with other servers or is this a server u host separately?

I've been looking for a new game and this looks pretty sweet. I'll see if I can find a cheap copy and give it a shot. Is there a lobby with other servers or is this a server u host separately?

VIPER!! DON'T leave me.... :Just_Cuz_21:

Well, it's not new, it was released in 2006, but for all intents and purposes it is unmatched in the ARPG category.

However, the 'lobby' is easy to use etc, but its all open net. Therefore, most that don't cheat etc, state this in the server name.

I have now a few 'regulars' etc that play often with me, and I never ever change the server name from 'r00s c00p' so you can be assured that it is cheat free.

So to answer you, each person can host their own server. I just run mine non stop :Just_Cuz_21:

It does probably have much more players still tho than Sacred 2. Actually, I know it does lol, and all players are on the same lobby.

The main thing now though, is the fanpatch.

It fixes so many things... sooo many things that the only seperation is those that run it (almost always non cheaters) and those that don't.

On the bright side, if you follow the link to 'everything' in the OP, you can see the community is very much alive and well, and there is literally tons of things to add to your game.

One of the most notable is the 'Allskins' mod, which adds like 400 skins to the players (if you want them). Even so far as new meshes, which allow different skins, like dresses on females, or skirtless (the default mesh has a skirt, so skirtless skins had model errors).

There is even player created campaigns, skill masteries. difficulties etc etc. Xmax is one of these, which basically adds ten times the monsters, and three times the bosses. Uber fun for high level characters.

Last thing, is there is a definite challenge. Not so much in normal difficulty, somein epic, but hot damned in legendary you better be ready :)

I have a mage with almost 120 deaths lol. Melee chars have much higher survival though. Last thing, for the 'hardcore' types, it does have a death counter, so you can see if people have died (pretty much everyone) and such.

So far I have one char that has done legendary with no deaths in 3+ years lol. There are many attacks etc that can just waste a character in legend, and resistances are massive. You don't have em, you die, plain and simple lol.

For the item hunters check this thread: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/titan-que...s-get-them.html

Some things are literally 1 in a million, or billion... depending on the affixes your after :)

Check this too: http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanquest/equipment.php - gamebanshees item database. The items are freaking the some of the best ever. They even fit the myths and stories with their bonuses of the gods and heros etc they relate.

Cheers.

Edited by r00ster

hey rooster,give typhon a great big kick in the a%@ from me,mmmm titan quest/it I played that game constantly before sacred 2,

if the sacred 2 add on turns out to be rubbish I might have to get back to titanquest.net myself,great game definitely one to play

for sacred refugee's,

VIPER!! DON'T leave me.... :Just_Cuz_21:

Chrona I'm trying not to but it's hard. The beta Ice and Blood doesn't even run on my computer (well it does but the fps is so low its not worth playing) and I have a feeling its not going to be any different in the retail version (if I can ever buy a copy that works with my EU version thats not in german only). :)

No rules broken, rooster. I've changed the title to indicate which game you're running servers for, and have moved your topic into our New and General Gaming Forum.

Hoping the Add-on makes it's way to you, and that your games are lots of fun. Ran TQ demo when it came out, really liked it. I'm just a bit of a an HC stickler if it's being offered, and I'm here to run with Sacred until it's days end.

Course...when the final chapter is closed on the game, we'll be looking for something fun to play ^^

Cheers!

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

I'm looking into getting to TQ as well.

But the thing is, it isn't available from stores here, and all I find on eBay are German versions. I found something on changing the language, but I don't know whether it works. I think so anyway. But I'm not entirely sure. Gonna check with a mate of mine who's been a mod over at titanquest.net for more info, we used to spend a lot of time there but I ended up not buying the game, and he did. :) Anyway... Maybe you'll see me online :)

EDIT: Gogo quit moving a topic when I'm posting :Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by Timotheus
Does the original Titan Quest work with Immortal Throne? Probably not, but I've got it right in front of me :)

Immortal Throne is the Expansion for Titan Quest. So I'm not sure what you mean?

Sounds tempting, one question, do I need the expansion to get on the server?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Yes, because r00 is playing IT. It works the same as Sacred 2, without the expansion you can't join Sacred 2:Ice and Blood servers.

Edited by Timotheus

Thanks gogo :)

Just to note folks,

you can get TQ+IT off of steam for like 10$ or so for those that have that option, and all the mods, etc work fine with it (so I've been told).

And if you've never played TQ at all, you owe it to youself as an ARPG player to play it. Even if you don't come find me, it's probably the best one there is.

Cheers.

Edited by r00ster

You can pickup TQ and TQIM at best buy for $10 total. I saw it near the checkout lane. Great game, but the ease of cheating pretty much ruined it for me. Too many hacked items and the trainer just made it not worth anything to have a high level guy.

Great game. Don't know how many characters I have, but I have about 10-12 mules that are full in inventory and in the caravan.

Oh My God

And...this game was released a few years ago?

;)

I had remembered that the graphics were top notch...but nothing like this!

Timo, are you playing the game in that res? What kind of draw on our comp's resources is this game.

:)

gogo

p.s. detail on first pic is unbelievable

Maybe I should give Titan Quest a go again? just hope that those piercing attacks isn't so overpowered as last time I played.

Hmm gonna clean up my pc today, then I'll see and install TQ and check out some multiplay if there are still servers running without expansion.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

well I got bored by titan quest since I played it for a long time last year and before. it is a great game indeed but right now I prefere playing sacred II. MY personal only drawback is that their are only two character skins male and female.

I like the fact that you have characters that are totaly different, elf, inquisitor, temple guardian, shadow warrior.

You have to watch out infact that the open servers are full of cheaters. persons that have like all classes combined in one. so they have a summoned creature of each class, really doesnt do the gameplay any good, but if you chose your buddy's you wont have any probs. ^^

have fun :)

cheers

Asgard aka Frederik