GUI - potion slots and key bindings

A topic on SIF reminded me that we have not documented the levels at which we get additional potion slots, as well as the corresponding key bindings. Would anyone like to do some testing and update the wiki?

Misunderstood the title of the post - thought you meant your GUI had disappeared on you! (happened to me briefly the other day, no idea why...or why it came back, though I was glad it did ;) )

Key bindings for potions can be changed in the key-binding menu, although the booklet that came with the game gives the default keys as QWERTY for potion slots 1-6 respectively (I'm guessing this goes left to right, but I haven't tested it...I usually use the mouse to click my potions).

As for when you gain the different potions slots, I think it's in line with gaining extra weapon/CA slots, I.e. 1 weapon/CA slot has the first two potions slots, 2 weapon/CA slots has four potions slots, and 3 weapon/CA slots has all six potions slots. Again, I haven't tested this, but my level 10 Inquisitor (2 weapon/CA slots) has four potions slots, and my level 15 Seraphim (3 weapon/CA slots) has all six potions slots. I'll try and remember to keep an eye out when my Inquisitor levels and post whether he gained the last two potions slots with his 3rd weapon/CA slots - if someone doesn't beat me to it!

Edit: I can confirm that my Inquisitor gained the last two potion slots at the same time as he gained his 3rd weapon/CA slots (level 11), also a Seraphim character created and quickly leveled gained two potion slots at the same time as she gained her 2nd weapon/CA slots, so yes, gaining the potion slots is in line with gaining weapon/CA slots and happens at level 3 and 11 - I'll let someone else add the information to the wiki, as I'm busy with quests for the foreseeable future :badbad:

Edited by ZGold
  • 1 month later...

I am at work so I can't test. But at least at one patch it was like:

..ER.. for 2 slots

.WERT. for 4 slots

QUERTZ for 6 slots -Z because I am german and use a qwertz-keyboard.

So doing a Q for first slot was not doing anything at first levels. So I was clicking on the potions for several months. When starting alchemy characters I was using short-keys again, but I had already full 6 slots. So I am currently not sure if the above is still true.

If you transform as a dragon mage, the potion slots vanish, but you can still use the keys. If you have alchemy the trophies remain unlocked even in shifted form and you can use them in dragon/berserk form with the keys. But you don't receive any boost from alchemy, since the dragon, berserker get a totally new body with their own skills, which are not the ones you have as a dragon mage.

Edited by chattius

Lil tidbit that may or may not be of value. I noticed that "Strong Potion of the Mentor" begins to drop when a character reaches level 110 and it seems as though game difficulty does not affect the quality of potions droppped. I had played a while on a Gold server at level 110 and was still seeing Strong Potion of the Mentor drop. So umm, yup. There yah go, heh. ^^