Near-Invincible Ice Elf Build - Console

Great so far this is fun build. What spells can an Ice mage use from a horse? I know from melee and archers that most Combat Arts cannot be used from a mount :(

Where do you suggest hunting for xp during the first 20 levels? Should I just go along and do the main quest line or is there something like THYLYSIUM Pyromancer HIGH ELF HUNTING GROUND for lower level mages?

Here is what I do for early hunting:

Somewhere near the beginning of the game, when you have enough armor, Ice Skin and start a bronze game, go piff off some kobolds so they attack you, then watch them hit you until you get a high survival bonus so that you will have better stats from said survival bonus and a better chance to find valuables that you get from this.

We will get to level 20 in the fastest way I know how which is this: Start a new game in bronze or silver, Accept the quest to kill the kobold chieftan and recover the dude's stolen artifacts.

Teleport to western tyr lyasa, go get the dudes stolen artifacts killing some kobolds on the way. Continue north to the kobold area and enter the cave right near the entrance to the kobold cave. Go into the cave and drink a mentor and concentration potion. Mow down ALL the enemies in the cave, checking the graves to wake up the zombie-like enemies that give lots of experience. Exit the cave, you will have killed more than 40 kobolds in the cave alone.

Kill kobold chieftan. Teleport to soleford and claim the quest rewards for 13000+ experience and sometimes some nifty items!

Rinse and repeat until level 20. I've found this is a very very fast way to level up at low levels.

Let me know how it turns out. I hope this is helpful.

Following the guide and advice here, I have made it to lv 17. Taking down the kobold champ is very tough because he regenerates health as fast as I cast glacier thorns so I never get him down more than 5%. Thus I went to get the special mount. That should cut my regen time down a bit.

What other advice can you give for kobold champ? I use only glacier thorns because cobalt bolt and fire spells do virtually no damage to that guy - my sword does more ;(

Also in this guide section is the shield maid of my daughter. It is for PC and had no access to regeneration per hit (RpH) before the AddOn. The console had (RpH) from the beginning. The idea is to use arcane melee style in the beginning of the game and develope the ice tree later. But with RpH a full hybrid playstyle is possible:

Do an ice storm, do a magic coup and at a successful weapon hit RpH kicks in. If you have 1 second RpH every weapon hit will shorten your regeneration (not cooldown) by this 1 second.

My daughter in niob has RpH around 2 seconds and can have 6 high level snow storms at the same time because she removes her regeneration times with RpH. But you have to play melee range for this hybrid so you need a decend protection. Life leech from magic coup fills your health bar quite quickly.

Some people say that the shield maid plays nice on a console.

Also in this guide section is the shield maid of my daughter. It is for PC and had no access to regeneration per hit (RpH) before the AddOn. The console had (RpH) from the beginning. The idea is to use arcane melee style in the beginning of the game and develope the ice tree later. But with RpH a full hybrid playstyle is possible:

Do an ice storm, do a magic coup and at a successful weapon hit RpH kicks in. If you have 1 second RpH every weapon hit will shorten your regeneration (not cooldown) by this 1 second.

My daughter in niob has RpH around 2 seconds and can have 6 high level snow storms at the same time because she removes her regeneration times with RpH. But you have to play melee range for this hybrid so you need a decend protection. Life leech from magic coup fills your health bar quite quickly.

Some people say that the shield maid plays nice on a console.

what is the shield maiden you speak of? I play on console and found that the glacier thorns is sometimes a problem on console because of targetting

BlackJAC

Is there any problem with taking EP before concentration? I am currently lv 17 and took Delphic Arcania Focus. I will continue to Farm Kobold Champion until lv 18 / 19 and then I want to move to Orc Caves. I figure Orc Caves with EP would be better than Orc Caves with Concentration since the great drops I could find with EP. What would be the impact if I switch the order on those 2?

Skills (in order)

Riding.png Riding - Nothing special here merely add 5 points to enable EP

Concentration.png Concentration - 1 point is all that's required as to run two buffs

Constitution.png Constitution - I have to admit after swearing by this skill with previous builds, I never felt the need to unduly pump points into this on this occasion. If at any time I felt I needed a little more hit points, I added points, but never felt any urgency to master it with this build.

• 1 month later...

I just read on another page that ice magic is flawedon console versions due to targetting. And I had favorited this build to my high elf build...do you guys think this build would work as a Pyromancer just by switching the stormite for Pyromancer? Would anything else need changing in the build at all?

Thanks for the help =D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back into playing this game again after months away. For those people that asked whether or not certain skills could be taken before others, the simple answer would be yes. Like any build, utility skills and skill order is personal preference.

EP can easily be replaced by bargaining, I just didn't like the tedious, time consuming nature of that particular skill. It requires a lot of time going round vendors just to find a certain item, when EP rewards you for actually doing something enjoyable. Granted, you're not going to get specific items like you do with bargaining, but the game isn't so insanely difficult that you need to be kitted out with a full suit of +12 all skills.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you saying that I need to master Mystic Stormite Lore before I learn Armore Lore? I´m new to the game

Oh, goodness, no! :)

The "mastery" of a skill cannot happen until your character is level 75, minimum. You get new skills at levels 2,3,5,8,12,18,25,35,50 and 65, so you will have all your skills picked before you get any mastered. usually :)

The notes regarding mastery is a "guide" where to spend your alloted skill points. Highest priority to MS Lore, next highest MS Focus, etc. Once you get into the flow of the game, you will understand what this means!

Are you saying that I need to master Mystic Stormite Lore before I learn Armore Lore? I´m new to the game

Oh, goodness, no! :)

The "mastery" of a skill cannot happen until your character is level 75, minimum. You get new skills at levels 2,3,5,8,12,18,25,35,50 and 65, so you will have all your skills picked before you get any mastered. usually ;)

The notes regarding mastery is a "guide" where to spend your alloted skill points. Highest priority to MS Lore, next highest MS Focus, etc. Once you get into the flow of the game, you will understand what this means!

Thanks for the help! :)

Edited by Blastfirez
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm still new to the game but how can you find your penalty level for Crystal Skin?

What platform are you playing on?

I'm using the 360 version so you'd press the Right shoulder button once you have highlighted the MS focus, on the skill page. By pressing the RB button it brings up an info page on that particular skill and that's where you'll get that information from.

If you're playing on the PS3 or PC, then I'm sure someone will come along and tell you what's required. I'm also fairly positive this information can be found in the instruction manual. however, if you're like me, you won't have bothered reading it.

Edited by BlackJAC
I'm still new to the game but how can you find your penalty level for Crystal Skin?

I'm using the 360 version so you'd press the Right shoulder button once you have highlighted the MS focus, on the skill page. By pressing the RB button it brings up an info page on that particular skill and that's where you'll get that information from.

If you're playing on the PS3 or PC, then I'm sure someone will come along and tell you what's required. I'm also fairly positive this information can be found in the instruction manual. however, if you're like me, you won't have bothered reading it.

I actually found out right after I posted this. Lol.

Also I noticed that I can kill the kobold leader on bronze but not silver with this build (level 10).

Should I stick to bronze or just keep killing the kobolds in silver?

I also can't find the quest to do the lost artifacts.. lol.

I actually found out right after I posted this. Lol.

Also I noticed that I can kill the kobold leader on bronze but not silver with this build (level 10).

Should I stick to bronze or just keep killing the kobolds in silver?

I also can't find the quest to do the lost artifacts.. lol.

Been a while since I actually did this, but in Sloeford, there's a building with a sort of round shaped fence in front with several tables in front of the building. The NPC you want is just inside that fence near the tables.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'd like some advice, I'm attempting this build with a little differency.

I'm adding pure int instead of vit/stamina for about the first 10 levels for some more damage behind stuff, im taking concentration and constitution early to counteract the combat times and lack of health too :)

im using about +9 allskills too.

do you think this will work out?

• 4 weeks later...
Hey I'd like some advice, I'm attempting this build with a little differency.

I'm adding pure int instead of vit/stamina for about the first 10 levels for some more damage behind stuff, im taking concentration and constitution early to counteract the combat times and lack of health too :P

im using about +9 allskills too.

do you think this will work out?

I wouldn't just rely on intelligence alone. Add also points to vitality, it helps alot. Next to that; Ancient Magic also increase the damage output of spells, as well as the stormite lore does for the mystic stormite tree (which you use alot)

Although there are builds which are using intelligence for the most, like the bolting terror build. But that build also use stamina.

I use this build myself on the pc, but also have changed it. At the moment my elf is level 18. I've spent a few points in stamina, but the most in vitality and also some in intelligence. At the first level I unlocked armor lore, then I went for storm lore, concentration as third, then arcania focus and ancient magic. spent 10 points in armor lore, 17 in storm lore, 10 in DA focus. Concentration is just 1. Eated 9 runes of GI and unlocked the bronze mod storm experience. Unlike the topicstarter I do use Frost Flare and have gold modded that as first. Glacial Thorns is effective yes, but so is frost flare. With the mods freeze, frost and icy circle you can easily slow down enemies and let them freeze. If you hit at the right spot you can even hit a group. The advantage of frost flare is that you can use it against single enemies and against groups and with it you can slow them down. I used FF against a group of kobolds, including a chief, and they all went suddently down only with FF. Just hit the chief with FF and just watch as they drop down. So far I use frost flare alot, together with Glacial Thorns and also Cobalt Strike (which I also mod). Blazing tempest as sort of backup, just in case. Regentime is pretty low. GT is around 2.5, FF 3,0 and CS also something like that and that with crystal skin activated (and ofcourse also GI). CS works great, actually the same as ancient bark from the dryad. So far the elf doesn't get a scratch, even not with groups of kobolds. Well, only one time with a very large group and 2 champions in it (was near the temple of noriath). I had to use 2 healing potions. But so far she hadn't died, so the survival bonus is pretty high now. Spells doesn't have an effect on the elf. I use one piece of Faladal's blizzard set (faladal's cord) and one of the delphic arcania set. I'm still at Tyr Lysia and haven't visited Thylysium yet. Used the area around celestial dome and noriath's temple as farming ground. At the very beginning, just when you start, I used the fire demon for a little while. A fire demon with an ice elf? Yep, but only temporary. You can use the little guy to dispatch the enemies. Just set him on individually and have it set to spread out. It takes a little while, but they go down. Your elf is very weak in the beginning, so you can use the demon in a strategic way to get rid of the enemies. After you got runes for the stormite tree and GI and you have now strenghten yourself you can swap the devil for GI and CS.

I'm planning not to use constitution and shied lore. As the elf is already pretty strong with the use of crystal skin and putting points in vitality I have the feeling you can also swap constitution and shield lore for something else.

Tactics lore and magic staffs for example; to make an allround ice mage (what's a mage without a staff) or delphic arcania lore and combat discipline for a hybrid build.

Edited by candesco

I read the other ice build on this site and two of them saythat one of the crystal skin silver mod is bugged on the console version. One say that its the feel cold mod while the other say its the focalize one. Do you know something about it?

• 1 month later...

im new to sacred 2 and playing it on the ps3 after failing miserably with my inquistor build I thought I would give your HE a go.Well ive got to level 20 (no death)so far and am enjoying the experience more but ithink I am doing something wrong as I just went to have a go at the Kobold chieftan and didnt even make a dint on him also the undead are still causing me problems.I dont use weapons just the CAs as they dont seem to hit very often and I get wasted.I also have to carry a shield in one of my slots because without I get annihalated even with CS.I am not finding many pills to pop most of them seem to be fire the most I have taken for I CA is 4 should I be finding more.Thanks in advance guys.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

first off thnx for the great guide and the time u spent making it.

just a couple of questions if I may.

1. how many runes should I read into each spell roughly (I know about crystal skin its at pen level)

2. I,ve only learnt grand invigoration what other da,s should I learn please.

thnx

• 2 weeks later...