Ice & Blood FAQ

Today I recieved an email that I think might be of some interest to those eager to know more about the coming expansion Ice & Blood. Here you are!

The "Ice & Blood" head start of the German community gave us the possibility to set up some answers to the questions you may pose after the release. This thread will be updated as soon as we have new items for it.

Along with the list we posted, you will find also helpful hints other players wish to share with you.

You can find the Ice & Blood FAQ Thread here: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...8330#post618330

Greetings,

Anca Adelina Finta

Community Manager

Sacred 2

From the FAQ Thread:

Some answers and advices for the "Ice & Bood" release on 2nd of October:

• You will be able to enter the new regions with the old characters having the classic game and the addon installed.
  • The servers will be split in "Addon" and "classic". Player with the classic version will not be able to play together with players with the addon.
  • The lobby remains for all players like it was before. Players with the addon will be able to chat with players without the addon in the lobby (and vice-versa), but players without the addon won't be able to go into the "addon" servers, likewise, players with the addon won't be able to go into the "classic" servers.
  • On the Addon DvD are all the previous patches, so you don't have to download them in case you need them again. You will still have to install them, if you did not do that before already.
  • You need to have the classic version 2.43 installed in order to install and play the addon. The addon is not a stand alone.
  • Your characters will have to be saved in patch 2.43 once before you throw them into the adventures in "Ice&Blood". One of the functions of 2.43 was to convert the save games such that they can be loaded in the expansion. If you missed that, you have the possibility to reinstall everything from the scratch, stop at the patch 2.43, save your character in ClosedNet once and continue with installing the Addon.
  • The Addon is not planned for console.
  • You can download the whole EN Readme from here.
  • You can use the new hair styles and skin colors only for the characters created after installing the addon. (here is a known bug about characters (not the dragon mage) switching the color to default after entering the game.)
  • The windows7 is not listed on the box, so there will be no support for it. Though Deep Silver is doing all the efforts to fix this issue in the next patch. Here is already a "how to" on the SecuROM support site: https://support.securom.com/pop_sacred2.html.
  • The addon published by Deep Silver will come out in Deep Silver territories. This means: Portugal, Sweden, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, UK, Italy, Spain, France.
  • Deep Silver Shops are here.
  • The Addon will increase the number of character slots on your ClosedNet account by 2.
  • Characters saved in the Addon will not be backward compatible with a classic version.
  • The US classic version is not compatible with the UK "Ice & Blood". Sorry. We have no new info about "Ice & Blood" in the US area.

.. to be continued..

Your Sacred 2 - Team

F-Secure 2010 issue:

source: from chattius

"After updating to F-Secure 2010 Sacred2-AddOn wasn't starting anymore. Since unloading F-Secure made it running again, I was scanning the F-Secure Knowledge base:"

[14974] Internet Security 2010 issue with copyprotected software

Summary

This article describes an issue with F-Secure Internet Security 2010 and

some copyprotected games.

Problem description

F-Secure Internet Security 2010 might cause some copyprotected games

to stop working if advanced process monitoring is enabled while the game

is running.

Solution

To resolve the situation turn off the advanced process monitoring

when playing the copy protected game.

1. Open F-Secure

2. Go to advanced settings

3. Under computer select DeepGuard

4. Uncheck "Use advanced process monitoring"

5. Press OK

9/15/2009 11:08:00 AM

The add on is not planned for [the]console

well that should solve any confusions/dash hopes :), I just hope some sort of patch comes out one day

That's the same statement they've always given for the addon & the consoles, just no-one really believed them...

well that should solve any confusions/dash hopes :), I just hope some sort of patch comes out one day

That's the same statement they've always given for the addon & the consoles, just no-one really believed them...

I know hence why I put it as bold, so everybody lets say it again

one more time

just one..more...time

thank you, this has been a public service announcement from your friendly neighbor elderago

elderago pointing out the obvious since well he started pointing out the obvious

:D

Edited by elderago
  • 2 months later...

Hey been playing the game for awhile now and just found this site. Very nice collection of helpful posts and guides. I now realize that my three level 60+ toons are getting smashed in Gold because they are all glass cannons, and will try out some of the builds kicking around here, so thanks for that. I wanted to ask around here about the Ice and Blood deal for the United States. I am not inclined to buy the full UK version, it is too expensive considering I already bought the game at full price 2 days after it was released. So, any rumors floating around out there about the expansion hitting US markets? I searched around and keep seeing old news about "no news about the US version". There was a rumor that it made an appearance on Steam a few months ago, but it disappeared, now I don't have the Steam version, but am hopping that I could register the game somehow in Steam to activate it...but that is a whole separate issue. So, any new news? I would love to try it out, but shelling out 50 USD for one new class and two new areas it is not an option. Thanks! :o

Hi and welcome :)

Unfortunately there is no information on the U.S. getting the expansion. I would have to say at this point I doubt it will happen. The Cd keys are bound to the publisher/region. So U.S. cannot play on Eu servers and vice versa. I believe the Steam version will work on either but you need to set the lobby info.

We had several members stuck on the U.S. servers when it first came out (most of us play on EU). Hopefully the game will come down in price enough where that can be an option for you.

Please Sign In or Sign Up