Lightsabers Mod for Sacred 2

S2_ls_mod.jpg

This small modification will make lightsabers much easier to come by :) The commonly overlooked swords will now be more attractive.

What does it do:

It changes the appearance of four swords that are rather uninteresting to look at anyway (it makes the game use lightsaber models instead of the usual ones). The change is purely visual, no game mechanics are affected.

Not all swords will become lightsabers. The inventory pictures are not changed, so check out this pic to see the exact models. All swords of these types will be displayed as lightsabers. Common, magic and yellow versions of these models can all be lightsabers.

Additional Feature:

You can sometimes turn the saber off :) If you switch weapon slots, they sometimes become inactive. Ok ok, it's a bug... I have no idea how to fix it. Re-equipping the swords fixes it.

ls_main_blue.jpg

th_ls_main_red.jpg th_ls_main_green.jpg th_ls_main_pink.jpg

Known issues:

These "lightsabers" use the default slashing sounds, instead of the real lightsaber ones. I'm not sure how to fix it yet. In my next larger project there will be the regular lightsabers, but the game mechanics will be a bit affected (which is against the purpose of this mod).

Multiplayer:

This will work in closed.net as well as in single player. It doesn't look like it could get you banned from closed servers. I believe it will even work in Ice & Blood expansion.

ls_show_red.jpg

:)Disclaimer:

This mod is provided "as is", use at your own risk. It can theoretically corrupt your game saves, burn out your computer, strangle your kitten, force Blizzard into bancruptcy or even resurrect your mother-in-law. I will not be responsible for any of these disasters.

Warning:

Modding the game will cancel your right to receive support from Ascaron/DS (then again, people that use mods are not likely to need it anyway).

Downloads and installation:

Download any of the below files, unzip and put the "models" folder into the "pak" folder in your Sacred 2 directory. Depending on your preference, you can get a file that makes all lightsabers blue/red/green/pink or one that contains all four colours. You can just download another file if you get bored with your current lightsaber colours (only the colour will change, the item itself will not be afected). To uninstall, just delete the "models" folder.

Four different lightsabers - this has all four colours (check this pic to see which models are which)

Blue lightsabers only - this will make all four modded weapons blue.

Red lightsabers only - red...

Green lightsabers only - neither red nor blue.

Pink lightsabers only - Barbie loves this one.

You can download them from Dark Matters as well.

th_ls_show_green_1.jpg th_ls_show_green_2.jpg th_ls_show_green_3.jpg th_ls_show_blue.jpg

Edited by Antitrust

That's pretty cool Anti. Nicely done. Now when are the rainbow coloured sabers coming out? :D

P.s.

Love the seraphim action pic. ^^

This is awesome mod, actually, just plain awesome GREAT post!

Best breakfast reading for me in a long time, Trust... too bad about it being in SP only though.

Cheers!

:D

gogo

too bad about it being in SP only though

Not anymore :D Now it works in closed.net and I think even in Ice & Blood (could someone please test it?). If anyone already got it, please redownload and reinstall with the new instructions.

The SP thing was bugging me quite a bit, so I changed the mod a bit. I believe there are around 5 ways to make this mod, each with its own quirks. The original version used a modified text file, the new one has actual item model replacements.

This way the mod features are not quite what I intended, but the multiplayer and possible expansion support are worth it :) Enjoy

Do I need to download a different file and reinstall it to get the MP goodness?

EDIT: this file change causes me to not be able to play in closed net servers, had to change it back to get online MP

Edited by AgentSmith5150
Do I need to download a different file and reinstall it to get the MP goodness?

EDIT: this file change causes me to not be able to play in closed net servers, had to change it back to get online MP

You need to remove the first version, and download the last one. Delete the modified itemtype.txt and put the backed up file back into the shared folder.

Then it'll work :)

• 10 months later...

I downloaded this last night then went shopping at level 40 on Niobium. I couldn't tell if the download worked because I couldn't find any swords at the merchant that looked like the ones you modded. But then I looked at the work bench of the Smith in the wastelands and there were four of the red light-sabers sitting on his table. :evil: I renewed my efforts to shop for the fabled wavey sword. Took about 30 minutes and I found one. Much better stats than the "True" Sabers.

Very cool, Thanks!

Forgot that I had done this mod, until I started running through the blood forest. I downloaded the "Red Sabers" so when running through the Blood Forest I started seeing all kinds of red sabers sticking up or laying around all over the place. Looked very cool.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

can you possibly upload the red swords at another place or send the red swords file/files to my email since I cant download from the link provided :)

sorry for being difficult

A bit late, but the files are now available here at Dark Matters.

The original links still work though, I don't know why you couldn't use them.

Awesome trust, thanks for putting the upload in the downloads section!

We're going forward to adding build and guide download links in the wiki, and eventually mod links to make the wiki the ultimate download Christmas catalogue ^^

:)

gogo

• 7 months later...