How many Health Pots in your Inventory?

heh, it finally "clicked" for me that six hundred Health Pots was...too much?

:)

Maybe because of HC, I had gotten used to carrying at least two long lines of health pots without doing the math...until one day I realized that even 100 is just fives squares, more than enough!

Course, red pots are a kind of security..but too much means more hassle when trying to carry things, and the change for me has brought about fewer visits to the traders.

It got me curious as to how many people carry as a rule though, care to share and why?

:)

gogo

I think ive always kinda tended towards the obsessive when it comes towards them :) Probably a relic from sacred 1 days when they were 1 pot per square so I look at them as 1 even though they are actually 20 all stacked up....so maybe I may or may not have 5 or so rows...which may be 12*5*20 pots...which may be 1200...lol. Now that you mention this it is very extreme :)

I carry 5 stacks with me at a time. I noticed the same thing about 2 months ago and decided that it took a bit of the danger out of playing. With too many pots in my inventory my right thumb just constantly twitches on the spacebar. The only real damage I saw were crits. Now I am a little more conservative with my pots. I study the fights more closely now. Though, I have found myself retreating due to running out more than once. The price you pay for the rush of almost kicking the bucket.

I've never really kept count, but I wind up accumulating them until I have several rows and I realize how ridiculous it is. Then I sell down to a point where I still have more than I will ever even think about using. :D I never sell mentor pots though, I just start chugging them more aggressively.

I almost consider drinking a red potion during a fight a sign of weakness... almost a small defeat. That attitude plus a bit of overconfidence got my seraphim killed in the Orc Cave though :P

I didn't even realize health pots took up space in the inventory because downing one never seemed to change the amount of space I had on console. Do they not take up space on console? I have like 900 health pots on most of my characters at least although I certainly don't need that many.

Edited by ka243
I didn't even realize health pots took up space in the inventory because downing one never seemed to change the amount of space I had on console. Do they not take up space on console? I have like 900 health pots on most of my characters at least although I certainly don't need that many.

Pots do not take up space in the inventory on consoles. Well they take up one "point" of space per potion type but you can put as many potions as you want of that type for only inventory space unit. Oddly, even though each potion does not have individual weight you cannot pick up additional potions if your inventory is full (wierd huh).

On PC I cannot hold "infinite" potions and I have to decide how many to hold in my inventory. I go with 5 stacks (4 full stacks and my partial for potions I am picking up) of the strongest type for the current character. 80-100 potions has been more than enough for me so far. I keep one stack of each other type of potion except mentors which I tend to stockpile and use only in the areas that give the best experience.

Cool finally an advantage of playing on consoles however small it be... versus disadvantages like broken combat discipline for spellcasters with no weapon skill, not being able to socket alchemy trophies and broken blacksmithing. Blacksmithing def hurts the most, ugh.

Very good to know that you can't pick up more potions if your inventory is full. That's another thing I didn't know and I'm starting to know quite a bit about this game.

Edited by ka243

Sorry to go a bit of topic but as far as advantages that console users have......the biggest is instant access to 12 customizable weapon/CA slots. On PC you get 4 CA slots (5 with expansion) that are linked to hotkeys and separate weapon slots with their own hotkeys. It is "easier" to have access to more CAs on consoles than it is on PC which helps if you are using a build that makes use of a large number of CAs or weapon swaps.

The "quick cast" in the expansion mitigates some of the CA switching sluggishness in the heat of battle-- a very very welcome addition to the game (make my combat alert and deathly spears casts require less imput!)

Edit: Also on consoles you can have 6 relics equipped at one time, on PC you can only have 3!

Edited by Ansgar

Funny question about the health pots gogo. I was "dealing" with the very thought yesterday when I decided that I reeeeaally needed more space in my inventory. Was staring at my health potions wondering how many of them I could survive without. I just started randomly selling my piles of potions until I reached a number of piles that looked ok in my inventory, lol. I ended up with 160. I think I can live with that. I hope.... :D

Pots do not take up space in the inventory on consoles. Well they take up one "point" of space per potion type but you can put as many potions as you want of that type for only inventory space unit. Oddly, even though each potion does not have individual weight you cannot pick up additional potions if your inventory is full (wierd huh).

On PC I cannot hold "infinite" potions and I have to decide how many to hold in my inventory. I go with 5 stacks (4 full stacks and my partial for potions I am picking up) of the strongest type for the current character. 80-100 potions has been more than enough for me so far. I keep one stack of each other type of potion except mentors which I tend to stockpile and use only in the areas that give the best experience.

true on the console I'll often have a few hundred, it's rediculous how common they are and with the take everything buttion it makes it worse.

also they are worth next to nothing, were as when buying them they are over a thousand , I really wish the buy/sell factor was more balanced, for instance, an item that costs a million is only worth a few hundred thousand gold, then again, why would I sell a rare ? lol

Edited by elderago

The reads here were awesome guys, thank you! lol, Ashley... obsessive? eeeeeyah. I think we're all so scared of dying that serious overload action is happening with health pots. I mean seriously...even a hundred... how long would it take to drink that many?

:lol:

gogo

p.s. Interesting advantage console has over PC regarding this ^^

I am still young in the game (level 15), but I try not to carry over 100. They fit nicely in a corner of my inventory, and you really have to be spamming pots to go through 100 and not notice. When I get over 100, I just start topping off my health even when I don't really need to get the number down.