BlackSmithing for Xbox 360 - Does it Work?

Blacksmithing does not work on xbox 360 or on PS3. What are you using blacksmithing for?

To answer your question you can raise the level of a skill above 200 by finding gear and socketing gear with the modifier +all skills or +blacksmithing or +general skills.

On PC the blacksmith skill allows you to socket things into weapons without the use of the town blacksmiths (break the monopoly!) anywhere in the world that you want. You can also insert amulets into silver sockets and rings into bronze sockets. The cost of using a town blacksmith is also reduced.

On console you cannot blacksmith "on the fly" without going to a town blacksmith so the usefulness of the skill mostly eliminated. I am not sure if you still get the other benefits of the skill on consoles maybe the original posters knows?

well if you live in the UK, the skill is fixed, otherwise, from what I have tested this and from what I have heard...no, there are no benefits from the skill blacksmithing prices do not decrease, you can't put an necklace or amulets etc in a lower slot, etc.

this really grinds me since I will ge all these cool items but have to pony up over 200 grand to slot them...each I mean no offense to ascaron (who personally I believe would have fixed the issue sooner or later ) but why put a skill into the game when it does not even do anything ?

sigh, whatever my best advice is to save up your gold, because sloting will be very expensive later on.

p.s bartering does not seem reduce the smithing cost either it seems to only reduce the cost to buying from vending which is kinda a moot point since the quality of items is greatly increased,but so is the prices.

p.p.s sorry for sounding depressing I still love this game despite the rather aggravating issues it has.

UK xbox users got a patch to their game that fixes blacksmithing? This is the first I have heard about this.

@elderago I see from your profile that you are in the US. Do you know someone with the UK xbox version? I'm just curious about this patch.

Edited by Ansgar