2 Nameless Guardians attacking at once

I noticed today on my first game in niob where I got to the last boss that the second 2 guardians double teamed me 2 fights out of 2. Why does this happen? Does it only happen in niob? Any way to prevent it?

Edit: Note that this has never happened to me before niob. Character used was my bfg seraphim level 103 in campaign mode single player. Previously encountered them in difficulties up to platinum with my Pyromancer high elf and never saw this happen once. Thanks.

Edited by ka243

eeeeeeeeeeeee... everytime this has happened to me, it`s always a moment (sometimes many) of trepidation, racing pulse and flee factor...all rolled into once. I`ve never actually been sure of the exact reason for the trigger. Schot and I have done a lot of trouncing of those guys in a number of levels, and even with campaign... so far it has seemed to come down to their mood ? ;)

Which doens`t help mere mortal players like us when going against the toughest bosses in the game.

I used to think it was because of my scorpion going off on it`s own and triggering them, and so lately I`ve been reigning in on it`s leash...seems to work ?

Looking forward to people`s input and discoveries regarding this.

Good topic Ka

:)

gogo

After you've killed the first guardian the second & third are then "unlocked" & if you go "too near" one (or both) of them they wake up. The only way to prevent it happening is to stay away from the third guardian until you've killed the second. It's always happened on all diffiuclties.

Llama, I love the write up...but I guess I'd say that that's how it's supposed to work then? So far, I'm kinda with Trust here, I've seen Guardians come out when all precautions have been taken, which leads me to believe that while perhaps the methods you have detailed can perhaps place lady luck on our side, there seems to be a random fact, bug that releases them at the seeming most innoportune times...or perhaps I have gotten too close to the ones that have been "released" by the demise of the first guardian?

Either case, I'll add what you have written as extra information in the wiki on the Nameless Guardians page.

:cry:

gogo

I have seen #1 and #2 come at me at 1 time on console. and with a ranged build (BFG) on console I used to have an issue with her targeting # 2 or #3 who were still cloaked(or shielded, whatever) instead of #1 that I needed to hit. I don't remember if those were occasions that I got double teamed or not. perhaps my BFG provoked them?

I've never had a problem having to fight more than 1 namless at a time. It never provoked the other ones into teaming up on me. However Im a duel wielding seraphim so maybe the BFG does provoke that or ranged weapons at that. But never had a problem.....Dunno what would cause this.

After you've killed the first guardian the second & third are then "unlocked" & if you go "too near" one (or both) of them they wake up. The only way to prevent it happening is to stay away from the third guardian until you've killed the second. It's always happened on all diffiuclties.

Thats the same what I experienced. Only the 2nd and 3dr guardian is able to unlock at the same time, when you stand to close to both of them.