Playing Co-op - Offers less experience?

hey guys,

I am on console but I really thought I would get more imput here since you all have been playing for a wile longer.

this is a great game and all... but the reason I got it was because it was online, me and my cuz both bought it to play togetter.

My problem is that when ever we play togetter, we get less experience per kill and in turn find our selfs lvling slower..(and I mean way slower) I gain alone in 20mins what we gain in 1 hour togetter.

I have tried it wile we had 8-10 lvls apart or with our lvls exacly the same and we always get less experience wile playing an online game, anything I can do for this? or is there a reason?

has anyone else noticed this?

let me know

Thanks

hey guys,

I am on console but I really thought I would get more imput here since you all have been playing for a wile longer.

this is a great game and all... but the reason I got it was because it was online, me and my cuz both bought it to play togetter.

My problem is that when ever we play togetter, we get less experience per kill and in turn find our selfs lvling slower..(and I mean way slower) I gain alone in 20mins what we gain in 1 hour togetter.

I have tried it wile we had 8-10 lvls apart or with our lvls exacly the same and we always get less experience wile playing an online game, anything I can do for this? or is there a reason?

has anyone else noticed this?

let me know

Thanks

Furian and I have noticed the same thing. it sucks but I guess the upside is that you get to play with your buds.

You're supposed to get a bonus to your xp if you're in a party regardless of where you are in-game (but I can't remember when/whether I checked that, IIRC it's in one of the files on the PC) & if you're "close enough" (within 1-2 screens) the xp is split between party members, so with two of you the XP would be halved, but you'll be killing quicker (and getting more xp due to there being more people on the server).

What`s happening is that you`re geting a percentage more than half the experience when you`re together.

You have to really think it out to play together in this game, geographically speaking. You can play with someone in another part of the game, and you will get the experience bonus... and you`ll also get an experience bonus if you play onscreen right next to someone next to you...but you have to be clever and good team players if you want to stay on screen together and really come ahead.

Two ways of doing this:

• This means that both have to be killing very well, for the math to work out and both to come ahead.
  • Or, like Schot, and or barristan and me or other players have done when playing together on screen...we go to an area of very veyr high spawns...then one person or two acts as scout, and has tons of speed and vision gear on. That person is in charge of finding monsters and bringing the kill zone about the screen while the `destroyer`whoever has the highest fire power just focuses on blasting everyting on screen at once.
  • If your synergy with other player is good, this system cannot be beat. The leveling speed is phenomenal, but it is exhausting. We were able to zip SChot`s toon up many many levels in a weekend while combining this with mentors and using temples to really boost the experience.

Course, if two peeps do this is and on one the team is really horrible with kill speed, this is detriment to more faster kill speed player.

In my experience then, it`s best to have the slower kill speed player act as ``scout` make sure they`ve got great vision and speed gear on and bring in all the mobs to the maw, where the get `processed` :)

Good luck

:P

gogo

Are you guys playin on the same console? I think you gain less experience that way. However, if your online mode (joined game through an invite) you get an XP bonus I believe. Also, if you can get 2 other peeps to join you just random people you level even better. I don't co-op on the same console I do it online through the invite. On the same console I think you get less experience.

thank for the reply's everyone... and yes we are online co-op :cry:

and the problem is that we both kill way to fast... I really dont know if the game is like 100x easier on ps3..but I have a ice elf..and he has a Pyromancer elf

bot on niob at level 110... and I one hit everything I meet with gt and he kills everything with bt in one second :S

so that is kinda our problem we both kill way to fast... so togetter we technicaly cant kill faster, its whatever spell that hits first that kills

but that gathering/ killing method really sounds like it could work. We will give that a try

Thanks a bunch

as a PS tho... do any of you know how to increase the dificulty lol... like I said level 110 he and notting stands a chance on niob :S kinda makes the game a bit less fun .... no challenge

:(

Thanks

thank for the reply's everyone... and yes we are online co-op :cry:

and the problem is that we both kill way to fast... I really dont know if the game is like 100x easier on ps3..but I have a ice elf..and he has a Pyromancer elf

bot on niob at level 110... and I one hit everything I meet with gt and he kills everything with bt in one second :S

so that is kinda our problem we both kill way to fast... so togetter we technicaly cant kill faster, its whatever spell that hits first that kills

but that gathering/ killing method really sounds like it could work. We will give that a try

Thanks a bunch

as a PS tho... do any of you know how to increase the dificulty lol... like I said level 110 he and notting stands a chance on niob :S kinda makes the game a bit less fun .... no challenge

:(

Thanks

Survival Bonus will help increase the difficulty. especially in dryad island and jungle areas. Also the team technique does give you each a chance to contribute without one of you feeling unnecessary. taking turns being the rabbit, and bear lets each get his grind on. unfortunately SB only comes with hours of play without deaths. you guys are also playing with 2 very strong build at niob level.

I'll tell you after running at your level on Xbox and then coming to PC with the Ice and Blood add on has really added difficulty. I used to get to the end of the niob campaign on console by the low 100 level and then loose interest in the char because there were few carrots let to continue on. PC fixed that problem, I can't get to gold yet with any build, but learning quick and I think we're on the right track.

Thanks

Survival Bonus will help increase the difficulty. especially in dryad island and jungle areas. Also the team technique does give you each a chance to contribute without one of you feeling unnecessary. taking turns being the rabbit, and bear lets each get his grind on. unfortunately SB only comes with hours of play without deaths. you guys are also playing with 2 very strong build at niob level.

I'll tell you after running at your level on Xbox and then coming to PC with the Ice and Blood add on has really added difficulty. I used to get to the end of the niob campaign on console by the low 100 level and then loose interest in the char because there were few carrots let to continue on. PC fixed that problem, I can't get to gold yet with any build, but learning quick and I think we're on the right track.

That is good to know... maybe that means that once we get the ice & blood on console that things will get harder :P

and on a side note... my sb is at 93-94%... and his is high 80's

so I guesse its on to making new chars hehe

Thanks

What?

where not getting it?

:S if not this is really a huge disapointment... :S

So far all indications point to Deep Silver not developing a addon for consoles. its also unclear if the addon will be released for US pc's either.