Break of sorts

Heya guys,

just want to let you guys know that I am splitting my available time for gaming between Ice and Blood and Dragon Age Origins.

Got it just yesterday, and must say that its worth it at least. Havent gotten too far into it tho :oooo: From the makers of Baldur's Gate.... that being one of my all-time favorites, I had to give it a go!

I will be on servers... just a bit less :oooo:

Greetz

Heya,

gotta love those in-game animations!

Now, for everyone that loves games like NWN, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale... you cannot go wrong on this one.

Character creation has been simplified somewhat... or that could just be me being not too far into the game.

Pick Human, Dwarf or Elf, and decide wether u are sword and shield, dual wield or two handed. Lots of special moves for each pick. For now I am into dual wield... has dual strike, dual weapon sweep whirlwind etc...

Gameplay is alot like NWN2, the crafting definately taken from there.. tho they made it a bit easier to do.

Just lit the beacon on the tower of Ishal, and am now questing around a village.

I am not yet seeing the über customization that Sacred has for Combat Art's, but the game is great, worth it's money :)

Cya on servers!

Greetz

My first build was an elementalist mage focusing on fire, ice, and lightning attacks but I found my build to go down extremely fast in battle. Then switched over to my current build which is a dual wielding human, which quite frankly kicks ass. My only problem with this game so far is not being able to figure out how to queue up attacks for party members. As Barristan said, this game is well worth the money. If anyone has any builds I'd like to hear what your playing :agreed:

Heya,

cue up as in combo's ?

I just click al my DW moves when they are ready... sweep with multiple mobs, as I do not have whirlwind yet, then finish with a dual strike.

Characters also have modes, as they had in NWN.... riposte and such. But I guess you knew that.

Seems we're playing the same character, mine's also a DW Human. Is there btw any way to get the Wardens Keep without spending money on it:) I got the Shale and Blood dragon armor with my package, but not the keep.

Greetz

Hi everyone!

Wow if they had made Dragon Age multiplayer I guess we would all be chatting in game. :4rofl:

I too started with an duel wield human warrior and it was real fun (absolutely fell in love with DOG).Playing thru the mage origin this time in nightmare.

About mages : Mages are actually THE most powerfull class in game after you get a few choice spells together.Mages have crowd control,direct damage,can wear heavy armor and are the only class in game that can heal.Put three mages and a rogue for lockpick in your party and things can be a bit too easy (depending on the difficulty your in).

@Barristan : Not that I'm aware of but I havn't been looking around much because I've been playing so much :pirate:

Temper

gottat say I do enjoy DAO, although not perfect (ranged combat really needs to be patched, it's too weak) I love it !

that said I still run into the problems that I had with sacred 2, what talents/skills should I take !

p.s it seems duel wielding is popular in dao as it is in sacred... I too am playing a warrior although I'm sorta testing out two handed weapon talents as well ;)

Heya,

got the keep.... but it is no NWN Keep.... Remember rebuilding and recruiting? That was fun.... This keep does not hve that (yet?)

I also agree that mages are brutal.... especially compared to f.e. Archers. Or build your dual wielder as strong as can be and still dont compare....

A mage in heavy armor... with mayhem and destruction at will.... Let Alistair/Sten/Shale tank and blast away :cry: (Never been a fan of friendly fire tho ;) as real as it is)

Greetz

How is the graphics in game Barris? Got any cool lookin screenshots? ;)

I can't supply any as I'm playing on console, but the PC graphics are supposed to be really good, with the consoles getting the short end of the stick (*cough*cough* again... :) )

ahhh, you guys all make a compelling reason for Dragon Age. I'm sure next choice of game as soon as I'm burned out of Sacred is gonna be something less buggy :)

Great seeing yer having fun Barristan...pix pix pix mate!

;)

gogo

Where can I find a good guide for this game? What's the play style like compared to sacred 2? Does it require more "skill"? I was never very good at combo button mashing games like fight games and things like that.

Edited by ka243

It's pausable in the middle of battles, like NWN. That should give an idea of the skill required.

Unlike NWN though, most Area of Effect spells do friendly damage even on easy difficulty. Tactical positioning / threat (aka who gets the aggro) are very important concepts esp. in the later battles. Definitely not a "reflexes" game.

As in most games like these, mages are late bloomers. The arcane warrior + blood mage combo is perhaps the most devastating in the game, but before level 8 or so you're worse than squishy.

Edited by jimhsu

Heyas,

http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery/

Here are a bunch of WERY cool vids ar screenies. The game also uploads screens into your online profile as you go thru the story :)

nr 4 Sacred Ashes' is my favorite :D :D checkz it out!!

(The one with the Dragon)

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
  • 2 weeks later...

They are beautiful Barristan. Love reading about your passion for gaming. I guess this game comes with it's own forum as well? Is it as busy as ours? Course not...no gogospammer there huh ^^

:cool:

gogo

Dragon Age is an excellent RPG that I will have alot of fun with in the future.

I myself have never been on the DA forums, so I can't tell how busy it is, but perhaps they have their own gogospammer there as almost every forum have atleast one :cool:

Edited by Spunky