Abishai Boss Trap Map!

yes, I did that one

Good.. That's a start... What sort of tactics have you tried so far? The reason I ask - the first time I went thru the area, I skipped that quest, sticking to the main plot quest. The big eyeball was a bit tougher that time around..

What are your primary combat arts that you're using and what are the regen times like?

Secondly, what sort of weapons are you using? I'd opt for something ranged, preferably with life leech built in (LL x%, but LL +x will do in a pinch). Since the Abiashi is weakest against ice damage, I'd be sure to have an ice crystal forged into my weapon's socket.

If you don't have a leech bow or shuriken or what have you, you can still forge leech runes into your armor (Inquisitor's Nefarious Netherworld or Dryad's Cabalistic Voodoo runes all have +x LL built into them).

Third, I'd not recommend standing in one spot. Move around so that walking Visine commercial can't hit you with it's attacks. (I keep expecting Ben Stein to pop out and give that bloodshot eye a squirt.)

Fourth... I'd also use the Destroyer CA - the one with the stone critters that do the Taliban special suicide bomber thing - especially when the Abiashi summons those pesky seekers. In fact, I'd set up a combo with Mind Strike followed by Destroyer and depending on regen times, I'd spam that as often as possible.

Fifth, I'd also have more healing potions handy. You seem to be running low.

Sixth, I'd also maybe use the Runes of Protection Buff instead. The Abiashi is strong against fire - so those fire based CAs aren't the most useful at this point in the game.

Ah ha, knew I'd find this! I was able to dig it up using the SacredWiki google search. It's the best way to find anything with Sacred 2 as it delves through the entire DarkMatters and SacredWiki database.

Lots of goodies Schot has put up in his guide which I merged this new topic into, and just a few minutes ago we unlocked him from the ball and chain to repair the pic links.

Thanks SChot!

:whip:

gogo

Looking in the creature defines, and spell defines, there are actually TWO abishais.

One, is just the normal abishai, however one is marked 'easy' and cross referencing the two, it lacks two of the spells the normal one has.

The blood storm, and another which I forget the name, but its the energy leech trap.

I actually checked this out a while ago, for Etherian on whether the weakening quest did anything.

So I assume it sets the abishai 'normal' to the 'weak' one, which loses his blood cloud like spell, and energy leech trap.

The major killers are still there though I think, his debuff trap, etc.

Looking in the creature defines, and spell defines, there are actually TWO abishais.

One, is just the normal abishai, however one is marked 'easy' and cross referencing the two, it lacks two of the spells the normal one has.

The blood storm, and another which I forget the name, but its the energy leech trap.

I actually checked this out a while ago, for Etherian on whether the weakening quest did anything.

So I assume it sets the abishai 'normal' to the 'weak' one, which loses his blood cloud like spell, and energy leech trap.

The major killers are still there though I think, his debuff trap, etc.

I think that's because there are TWO Abiashi in the game. One is in the Blood Forest at the end of the chain quest there. Two is in the "forbidden" dev area south of the ancient city in the jungle - the one where you have to use the mount trick and a bunch of teleports to get to which limits access to High Elves with Shadow Step, Beligerent Vault Shadow Warriors and maybe jet pack sporting Temple Guardians. Not sure bout the last one.

No, they are the same creature.

However, I believe if you do the quest in the main arc, his suffix actually changes, and this is where the swap comes in.

One is called like 'of death' the other 'of not so much death'

Cheers,