Sacred gold multiplayer

Hi, I just bought sacred gold at target like a week ago. I understand the sacred servers are shut down (found that out after I couldn't host or join a game for the life of me). But I've seen people in the open servers playing. My question is how to play online, besides joining the open online, and creating a game. Sacred is a pretty fun game, But I want to try multiplayer.

Oh, another question; how do I get a character from the anarcia (or whatever) campaign to the underworld one? Thanks.

Well the only way to play multiplayer now is on open or through a LAN. Alternatively you can try to use hamachi (pseudo lan over the internet)...I think a few people have gotten it working, but its a pain to mess around with. To be able to join the underworld campaign you need to have a level 25 character. If I rememeber correctly the expansion comes with a level 25 dwarf that u can use if you want to jump in straight away to get the feel for it, but id recommend leveling your own toon to 25 and giving it a go, underworld is tough and playing with a wacked up toon like that dwarf isnt gonna be easy.

Ok. when I tried the open, a few people were on, but nobody could start or join a game. Can someone explain how to? It said that it couldn't find my logdata when I tried creating one, and when I tried to join one it said my IP couldn't connect. A few others were having the same problem.

I'm still having fun with my gladiator (I focused on sword experience or whatever). I opened the ports like it said in the threads, but I'm still getting error 35... :D Anyone know what to do now days? I've seen people playing on the open internet.

Some more threads to read :)

I wish I could help more then just post some links that may or may not help, but unfortunately I'm not very tech savvy. I know just enough about pc's to really mess them up (like the day I thought I knew what I was doing editing the registry-still shudder to think of it)

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=45946

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ght=lobby+error

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ght=lobby+error

All these threads are from the Sacred official forum (SIF) in the technical sub-forum. I would suggest looking thru the tech section there. Hopefully one of the threads will have a solution. I'm not sure how active Halenthal (he's a moderator) is these days, but he is very tech savvy. I would try sending him a pm too.

Sacred forum link

good luck :)

p.s. you will need to register there also (just like you did here) before you can send a pm

• 3 months later...

I had trouble with sacred in mp due to having a dual core computer. I set my bios to single core as per the Sacred International Forum sticky (under multiplayer S1) and it worked like a charm for LAN. I cannot comment on open.

• 3 months later...

recently reinstalled ENG/UK sacred uw gold,

after I saw some new UW related threads recently, looked like there was a little bit of activity suddenly, again.. ?

so I had the idea to just jump back for a short trip as well, see how it feels&looks like after all this time that passed..

however, unfortunately I encountered quite a few problems shortly after reinstall:

first I thought it was my router&windows 7 firewall and some port-forwarding problems, so re-checked port 2005-2010 and 7065-7066..

still didnt work, then I found out somewhere here or on SIF you have to change your ingame settings from 'fast-DSL' to 'slow-MODEM' when on Win 7 64bit..

still no luck but at least a different error message now, hooray ! :music:

and then, after I spent the last weekend searching for infos and trying out various stuff, I found this:

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=71399

"change your settings from sacredger.ascaron-net.com to 93.190.65.233 .. "

and POOF! first of my old german accounts that I found worked, could connect to open-net and create a server again.

but what to do with the rest of my ENG/UK keys+accounts, to meet you guys ?

..so I was wondering the other day, over here:

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=62625&page=10

(where I first looked for infos since before I found that german thread, I got the same error msg every now and then as in here as well)

So, is there any new info regarding this? seems like this started about the same time perhaps, back when the SIF was unavailable for a while..

(turned out had to do with the old domain going into redeption status, and forum wasn't changed to new domain/url whatever..)