Warrior Focused BFG Seraphim Guide

Wonder if I'll be able to survive orc cave yet. Oh yeah, the guide also calls for rev tech focus but I found that it was locked and had to take 5 points into the lore first. Is this cause Im on Fallen Angel or...?

No, all the versions are like that. Most of the Focus skills are 'secondary' skills, so 5 points in another Combat Art Skill is necessary before you can choose it.

Main reason I posted the question is cause this build is based off the "Comprehensive BFG guide", in which is stated that the guide is great & aimed at starting up characters (ie: no support). It follows with (and this guide quotes), "At level 15, the highest level weapon (except bfg) that you can equip is: 20 (I would aim for a level 30 BFG at this point)...". Hence why Im feeling super under-par (and thats with some kobold farming =/).

Although Dobri's guide does say that it is great even without support, the line you are quoting, I feel, does include some amount of support from a previous character storing runes in the stored stash. 30 BFG runes by level 15 without support is misleading, I will agree.

With regard to the last mod for Dashing Alacrity, on the PC (Ice&Blood), would it be more prudent to choose the mod that reduces regen time of ALL Combat Arts instead of just DA? My train of thought on this is that it should allow DP to be chain castable sooner, so that it and DA can be combined more effectively sooner.

AFAIK, in Ice and Blood, Divine Protection can never be chain castable. In fact, IIRC, it was gimped in a S2FA patch.

If you read the OP, the author added a note provided by another member about DP being gimped in patch 2.4 of FA.

Note: It's come to my attention that on the PC version only, Divine protection is harder to make chain castable on as of version 2.40. With capacity and boost, duration will still be just below cooldown. It can exceed it by eating lots of runes (Combat Art level > 150). I would still probably play the character the same way, if you want to get concentration master earlier and get warding energy because you're concerned about the second between when DP will wear off and when you can cast it again go ahead.

Unless it was gimped again, then it does *become* chaincastable far down the road; hence my question, if it would be prudent for this build to take the mod on dashing alacrity that lowers all regen times instead of just its own - in order to make DP chaincastable sooner.

• 2 months later...

Well, I never played a BFG-seraphim so I will start today with that build and I'm excited about how it all turns out! :)

But one short question:

With tactic lore and reverred tech lore should be enough damage, or do I really need to pick also combat discipline, when I want to have a strong seraphim which is onehitting bosses on niob? :P

Well, I never played a BFG-seraphim so I will start today with that build and I'm excited about how it all turns out! :)

But one short question:

With tactic lore and reverred tech lore should be enough damage, or do I really need to pick also combat discipline, when I want to have a strong seraphim which is onehitting bosses on niob? :P

It wouldn't hurt. If you have a spot to put it in, then go for it. BUT, CD doesn't boost the EW arts by very much... Soul Hammer and Pelting Strikes will only get a minimal damage boost from it. It is a skill better utilized by a "caster" or spell-heavy hybrid.

Better to go for skills that reduce your CA regen times, as if you are on console, you have a very high limit on the # of runes you can read into your BFG. That will be your biggest bang for your buck if you intend on one-shotting anything in Niob.

But one short question:

It wouldn't hurt. If you have a spot to put it in, then go for it. BUT, CD doesn't boost the EW arts by very much... Soul Hammer and Pelting Strikes will only get a minimal damage boost from it. It is a skill better utilized by a "caster" or spell-heavy hybrid.

Better to go for skills that reduce your CA regen times, as if you are on console, you have a very high limit on the # of runes you can read into your BFG. That will be your biggest bang for your buck if you intend on one-shotting anything in Niob.

Thx for your fast reply essjayehm!

I looked it all over again, and I have no free skill for pickin CD, damn!

But as you say, I think she will be totally powerful with tactic lore, tech lore and reading runes with no limit^^ Maybe I'm gettin concentration on 75 but without using warden energy, so I will have alot more better regtimes, cause with only 1 point in ranged weapons there are alot free points remaining for free choice! :) We will see, I'm up to start to play with her now! :D

Btw she has short pink hair and is called "Wanda Wargasm", the name should be program... :P

Edited by haGrOck

My Wanda is now at level 31 in the beginning of gold difficulty and she kills everything easily what comes in her way. It is a really strong build, very big thanx for the idea, ka243 ! =)

Like I said, I've never really played a BFG-seraphim before, but now I know she will be a very good (and safe and fast) bosskiller!

For maximum damage I let go warden energy lore (or enhanced perception, what I first wanted to take) and will also pick later (with level 65) combat discipline^^

Edited by haGrOck
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I've been reading guides on the BFG seraphin and some questions comes to mind !

My problem is : I'm not a big fan of cast spells every 45sec (divine protection) and read that warding energy buff is not that good (often goes into fading because too much damages taken).

Moreover, I'd like to take enhanced perception to my character...

Question is : what good options do I have to increase survivabiliy, damages mitigation, HP, defense, etc if I'm not taking warding energy and the two shields CAs.

And : toughness is that effecient?

Many thanks !