I can't wait !!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya loco....sorry to know you're out of work right now :D

Kid is the son of a friend of the boss. We've had probs before hiring friends or family, namely the boss's step-son. What a waste of a human being he turned out to be. Will just have to see how the new kid works out.

• 2 weeks later...

Im glad that things are starting to go great for you,you should slow down alittle cause no one wants you to hurt yourself again.I totatlly feel you on the job thing though.some people just dont get it,theres not alot of jobs out there.

I hope the new guy works out though.

Nice you got so much better , you can work again.

Too bad its so many hours now & then, and I do hope you find some good helper.

Just try not exagurate things & work like a teenager.

Here in denmark we got winter & well earth are stonehard - so for now I got summervacation. And game DDO too much.

• 2 months later...

Holy cow! I am walking in Knuckles footsteps!

I was excited and scared to be going back to work after more than a year on unemployment. Today was a looooong day. 10.5 hours on me feet after 14 months on my arse! Oh my dogs are barkin'! I was good to be doing something, but I felt pretty useless until all the bosses went home a 5:30 and left me and an unfamiliar crew to finish the days jobs. I sprung back into my old self pretty quickly. and it doesn't look like things are gonna slow down. if anything, just the opposite.

Its gonna be tough, but in the long run this is the best move for me and my family, even though we are apart from each other for now.

Good to hear you've gotten back in action loco :D

What kind of job are you doing?

Production Supervisor for mail processing company. I am responsible for the mail sorting equipment. We barcoded and sorted about 100K pieces of first class mail today.

Holy cow! I am walking in Knuckles footsteps!

I was excited and scared to be going back to work after more than a year on unemployment. Today was a looooong day. 10.5 hours on me feet after 14 months on my arse! Oh my dogs are barkin'! I was good to be doing something, but I felt pretty useless until all the bosses went home a 5:30 and left me and an unfamiliar crew to finish the days jobs. I sprung back into my old self pretty quickly. and it doesn't look like things are gonna slow down. if anything, just the opposite.

Its gonna be tough, but in the long run this is the best move for me and my family, even though we are apart from each other for now.

Anytime anyone emulates me, it's never a good thing :tease:

Great to see you back at work even though you're separated from loved ones (Ex-Navy here so I know how that goes). Best of luck with the new job loco. Still pulling 60-70 hour weeks here

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been pulling 10 hour days on my feet all day. first couple days I wore my faithful leather boots with the gel insoles in them. Man my feet were hurting so bad every night. it was miserable.

So is switched to these: Sketchers Shape ups. they are sold as an exercise shoe, but they are awesome for posture and foot comfort

50875EW_WNV_E.jpg

And OMG these things are awesome. they were $99 at Famous Footwear but worth everypenny. my feet don't hurt, my lower back doesn't spasm so bad. I am gonna go get a black pair that don't show the dirt so much. these are heaven for your feet if you stand or walk a lot!

Yeesh, 60-70 hour weeks? I've done 50-60 and lemme tell yah, I become a person a really don't recognize nor would ever want to know, haha. Oh man, work weeks like that make me miserable. Absolutely the entire staff at my work was replaced last summer and it was an absolute nightmare for me. No one knew what they were doing so I ended up being the guy with everyone's answers. Long story short I had to work tons of hours which happy-go-lucky me turn into an intolerant mass of disgruntlement. Not a pretty sight, haha. *chants "this summer will be better"* I gotta hand it to both of you. I just don't think I could do what you guys do. I guess I run out of steam quickly.

How is it going btw Knuckles? Hours evening out now-a-days I hope. :P

@loco:

Those shoes look awesome. I wants! The heel is cool. I can't imagine how they feel but dang good I bet. They look like a great exercise shoe. I'm gonna have a look around for them.

I'll be joining the ranks of "can't wait to get back to work!" soon. The summer weather is upon us and with it brings another outdoor Tennis season. :D

ha

Those shoes are AWESOME. Nothing makes me feel better when it comes to getting around for the day than a fresh pair of sneaks. You won't believe the barrage my normal footwear has to undergo with my constant foot tappign fidgeting, plain ole being me.

Loco... marooned in that hotel? What about food.... tell me they have some kind of small kitchen or something for you to cook in? Or... are you quickly becoming an expert in Indy take out?

:(

gogo

Yeesh, 60-70 hour weeks? I've done 50-60 and lemme tell yah, I become a person a really don't recognize nor would ever want to know, haha. Oh man, work weeks like that make me miserable. Absolutely the entire staff at my work was replaced last summer and it was an absolute nightmare for me. No one knew what they were doing so I ended up being the guy with everyone's answers. Long story short I had to work tons of hours which happy-go-lucky me turn into an intolerant mass of disgruntlement. Not a pretty sight, haha. *chants "this summer will be better"* I gotta hand it to both of you. I just don't think I could do what you guys do. I guess I run out of steam quickly.

How is it going btw Knuckles? Hours evening out now-a-days I hope. :P

@loco:

Those shoes look awesome. I wants! The heel is cool. I can't imagine how they feel but dang good I bet. They look like a great exercise shoe. I'm gonna have a look around for them.

I'll be joining the ranks of "can't wait to get back to work!" soon. The summer weather is upon us and with it brings another outdoor Tennis season. :(

Its always the right season for tennis! I havent played in a couple of weeks though because the summer season finished and we are waiting for winter comp to start up.

lol...you guys working 50-60-70hour weeks are insane. I've worked ~30max in a week and that was bad enough...guess things are a little different when you're 18 or 19 years old :)

ha

Those shoes are AWESOME. Nothing makes me feel better when it comes to getting around for the day than a fresh pair of sneaks. You won't believe the barrage my normal footwear has to undergo with my constant foot tappign fidgeting, plain ole being me.

Loco... marooned in that hotel? What about food.... tell me they have some kind of small kitchen or something for you to cook in? Or... are you quickly becoming an expert in Indy take out?

:(

gogo

Lol, I have a microwave. and a fridge. so its been frozen food. Unless I head out for a bite. this City is restaurant heaven. I don't think there is anything that can't be found here.

eeeeeeeeeeee... mamma michelina and you for easter!

:hugs:

heh, I actually kinda like frozen food... there's so many types out there. I usually wait till they go on sale here for .99 each, then I usually scoop up a few dozen.

There must be a ton of cool stuff in the states we don't even see here...any type of frozen food yer eating mostly? For me, it's teh momma's!

Curious... loco are you getting a kind of food allowance or something, as you don't really have access to proper cooking?

:0

gogo

I've been so busy lately I haven't even time to really hang out here, let alone work on the Bestiary. Last week was 82 hours :hugs: The hours are crazy but the paychecks are pretty nice. No break til end of June when I got a week off. I plan to sleep the entire week.

July and August will be hectic as well, 7 sites to build in 8 weeks when they typically take 10-14 days each to do. Sounds like a lot of overnights again. It's a shame that I can out work my help. bad back and all. Usually my helper sleeps on the way back to the shop lol.

I've been sooo busy that I can't even go out on a date that I've had set up for a few weeks. She's a work-aholic too so no idea if/when it'll ever happen. At least she understands. She's postponed it as many times as I have lol.

Plus had a minor setback health-wise, so I'm on some new meds. Seems I'm tired all the time now. Even wake up tired :)

I've been so busy lately I haven't even time to really hang out here, let alone work on the Bestiary. Last week was 82 hours :) The hours are crazy but the paychecks are pretty nice. No break til end of June when I got a week off. I plan to sleep the entire week.

July and August will be hectic as well, 7 sites to build in 8 weeks when they typically take 10-14 days each to do. Sounds like a lot of overnights again. It's a shame that I can out work my help. bad back and all. Usually my helper sleeps on the way back to the shop lol.

I've been sooo busy that I can't even go out on a date that I've had set up for a few weeks. She's a work-aholic too so no idea if/when it'll ever happen. At least she understands. She's postponed it as many times as I have lol.

Plus had a minor setback health-wise, so I'm on some new meds. Seems I'm tired all the time now. Even wake up tired :)

take it easy there Knuckles.

eeeeeeeeeeee... mamma michelina and you for easter!

:hugs:

heh, I actually kinda like frozen food... there's so many types out there. I usually wait till they go on sale here for .99 each, then I usually scoop up a few dozen.

There must be a ton of cool stuff in the states we don't even see here...any type of frozen food yer eating mostly? For me, it's teh momma's!

Curious... loco are you getting a kind of food allowance or something, as you don't really have access to proper cooking?

:0

gogo

OMG I have a half dozen Michelina's in the freezer at the moment. No, No food allowance. So I have to watch how much take out I do. In better economic times I would have held out for a full relocation package, but these days Companies are just not doing much of that.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been around for a bit, but thought I would drop a line just to let you all know I'm still alive...

Having a rough time right now....work is basically draining all the energy I have....between work and the meds and my health, all I do is work then immediately go to bed...feel bad for my daughter as we haven't hung out much at all lately...she understands and tries to help out as much as possible though...I ended up getting one heckuva daughter :)

Hopefully on or about May 21st I'll stop taking the majority of the medication I presently take, and more hopefully all the side effects they cause will also go away...if work gets any harder I'll probably take the whole month of May off...still grinding out 60-70+ hour weeks and I know that isn't helping me at all.

So I'm still looking at a few weeks where I won't be active yet...but by the end of May I plan to be back in full force driving Schot crazy and have the rest of you shaking your heads :)

Plus I still got the Bestiary I want to finish...

p.s. Loco I know you pm'd me about something but can't find the message...could you resend please?

Sounds like your still working like a crazy man. Hope that you do get that time off and by the time you're finished with your meds that you're ready to be back in full force! We need the help driving schot crazy...but you didnt hear it from me :)

I feel I am butting into a close group of friends, but I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I have learnt more about you guys in the last few minutes than in all the previous 4 years. Makes me humble for having had such an easy life.

There was a time (3years) when my wife worked in Edinburgh and I was 100 miles away in the NE of England, but at least the family managed to get together every weekend. No fun eh Loco? But apart from that it has been too easy. Never laid up for more than a month, never out of work for more than a few days. You make me ashamed of myself! Stupid ain't it.

I think we all worry that Knuckles is pushing his luck, but I get the impression he hasn't much choice.

P.S. Don't fret ... Schot is already crazy enough.

Edited by Bondbug

I know the stupid feeling after accidents and injuries. I had my eyes damaged at army 12 years back. I had to undergo eye surgeries last year because the damage got worse with years. Old traditional surgery had to be done, putting the eye out of the head, emptying it from the darkened liquid, do some repair, sewing all together and finally put it back again. And then this stupid feeling, the eye fills bottom first, so for weeks I could not see the ground but only the sky if looking for the horizon (camera effect, reversed image) . Couldn't do my normal work anymore, no stereo sight.

We are a small company so I did more office and computer stuff, result: an old fracture of the hand caused CTS because of too monoton hand moving, another surgery.

My favourite team sport: UWR. The most save and most healthy team sport. You just have to avoid being drowned by members of the opposite team :)

UWR = Unterwasser Rugby, underwater rugby

profile.jpg

Edited by chattius

Good to hear from you Knuckles! I was starting to write a PM ( the thought was in my head at least) to see how you are doing.

@ Chattius, UWR? safe? huh?

You just have to avoid being drowned by members of the opposite team
Crazy man crazy. But I think it would be interesting to watch.

UWR is safe: All kicks and punches are slowed by the water. Way less injuries than at soccer, handball or hockey. The rules what to wear are very loose: but you have to wear soft fins and ear protectors. Holding a person at the head accidently and pressing the ears might damage them without protectors. Referees are emergency divers. I never saw one needed in more than 500 matches.

No weight on the backbone, knees, ... it trains the lungue, ...

If you think you sufficate you have still air for 30 seconds. But if you play the goalie you are no allowed to say this to yourself more than 2 times :) That I mean by drowned by the enemy. One trick is to wait by exchanging team members till the opposite goalie has to dive up for air. A player going for the surface is not allowed to be stopped, match penalty for the try alone.

It is quite boring to watch if no camera's are installed below the surface. The waves prevent seeing anything. I think this prevents any interest from TV companies.

Hey Knuckless.

Just remember you need to relax now and then, to help your body mend the dammage & rinse medication leftover from your body.

I wont say you work too much ( he he - I do some now & then ).

Just remember to listen to your body, theres a reason it usually tell when good or bad.

I hope you are doing fine and getting better.

For now I am Sacred 2 dead & enjoy DDO, but might eventually see you somewhere ingame.

Edited by D-molisher