Source Ward lord/bosskiller

Source Warden Temple Guard build

On the path to try playing characters differently then everyone else. I stumbled across the Temple guard.

This build is not speculation but what I have used and has worked perfectly.

Skills

1. Source Warden lore(level 2)

2. Concentration(level 3)

3 Warding energy (Level 5)

4. Source warden Focus(level 8)

5. Armor lore(level 12)

6. Constitution(level 18)

7. Tactics Lore(25)

8. Combat discipline(35)

9. Devout Gaurdian(50) chose it now to mod and move past silver

10. Sword/axe Lore (65)

Attributes

1-25 ( Intelligence) Why intelligence you ask it raises combat art damage for temple guard.

25-50 (Vitality) Obvious

50-100(Vitality/Inteligence)

100-150 (Stamina/intelligence)

150-200(Inteligence/vitality/Strength)

Mods

In order of importance.

Aspect

Source Warden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Primal Mutation

Fiery Ember

Icy Evanescence

Charged Grid

Untouchable Force (Buff)

FIERY EMBER-INCINERATE-CHURN-SUSTAIN

CHARGED GRID- HAVOC-SUBSTANCE-LONGEVITY

UNTOUCHABLE FORCE- MIND CONTROL-PARALYZE-FIELD DAMAGE

ICY EVANESCENCE-ICE NEEDLES-DEEP FROST-SUSTAIN

Aspect

Devout Guardian

Dedicated Blow

Battle Extension

Deathly Spears

Combat Alert

T-Energy Shroud (Buff)

T-ENERGY SHROUD-POWER-RECHARGE-POWER

DEDICATED BLOW-TRANSFORMATION-INTENT-ENFORCE

DEATHLY SPEARS-GORE-SINGE –JAB

COMBAT ALERT-BARRICADE-RIPOSTE-PERMANENT(WAIT TILL LATER IN LIFE TO GET THIS ONE SINCE YOU CANT UPGRADE EVER AFTER PICKED… ONLY THRU + COMBAT ART GEAR)

BATTLE EXTENSION-DOUBLE ATTACK-EFFICENY-INTENT

Combos---

Dedicatedblow/deathly spikes

fiery ember

charged grid

icy evanescence

ALLRIGHT NOW YOUR TEMPLE GUARD WILL BE AWESOME AND CAN KILL BOSSES WHICH MOST OF THESE GUIDES SAY THEY HAVE TROUBLE DOING. AS FAR GEAR GOES USE ARMOR SETS AND MOD IN THEM ALL +’S TO FIRE DAMAGE AND SKILL+ DEFENSE AND ATTACK UP FIRE 1ST BECUASE THE MODS I CHOSE HAVE A FIRE BASE SO MAKING THEM STRONGER.

WEAPON----

I USED AXES LOW LEVEL AND SWORS HIGHER UP.... MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A LAVA CHUNK IN THEM AND + FIRE ON THEM IN THE SOCKETS.

lAST THING I DIDNT MENTION HOW IT WORKS. SIMILAR TO HIGH ELF YOUR MAIN SUPPLY OF DAMAGE IS THRU MAGIC SO CAST FIERY EMBER AND KILL MOBS THAT ARE CHASING YOU. YOU WONT BE ABLE TO FULLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FAST experience UNTIL AROUND level 12. SO BEFORE THEN JUST KILL MOBS AS NORMAL W/ WEAPON IN HAND/DEDICATED BLOW.

Edited by karruptedkat
  • 4 weeks later...

Took this guy to 86 w/o a death and mad kiling skills^^ And aside from what everyone said lol like usual I built him as a physical damage king and he still could take down 30+ mobs at 1x^^. Taking stamina and willpower really helped alot. Read that from someone elses guide.

btw have have a ton of Temple Guardian gear for someone if they need it.

• 2 months later...
I might have to try this out :Just_Cuz_21:

I always wanted to make a temple guardian, now that it kills bosses great I'm bound to make one

lol remade this guy a few days ago got borred making Dryads. On a side note this game is all about playability. You will learn to like building and building over to play the character you love w/ better gear the 2nd/3rd/4th time over.You will learn alot about the game doing this aswell. What works what doesnt and most important what the particular class your playing neeeds the most help w/. Temple Guardian's are awesome but Warding energy is a must since he has low hp so taking that and raising will power will help you tremendously. The new Temple guard I made needs gear bad so ill take enhaced perception to get that then rebuild him and take it(the temple Gaurd that is) to 200.

I might have to try this out :D

I always wanted to make a temple guardian, now that it kills bosses great I'm bound to make one

lol remade this guy a few days ago got borred making Dryads. On a side note this game is all about playability. You will learn to like building and building over to play the character you love w/ better gear the 2nd/3rd/4th time over.You will learn alot about the game doing this aswell. What works what doesnt and most important what the particular class your playing neeeds the most help w/. Temple Guardian's are awesome but Warding energy is a must since he has low hp so taking that and raising will power will help you tremendously. The new Temple guard I made needs gear bad so ill take enhaced perception to get that then rebuild him and take it(the temple Gaurd that is) to 200.

True true true :4rofl:

So you made a new Temple Guardian? If it's a different build and better you should post it :drool:

Same build but I moved around the order for this guy so that I didnt have to pop as many potions to live. heres the old oreder and new order.

OLD

3 Warding energy (Level 5)

4. Source warden Focus(level 8)

5. Armor lore(level 12)

7. Tactics Lore(25)

8. Combat discipline(35)

9. Devout Gaurdian(50) chose it now to mod and move past silver

10. Sword/axe Lore (65)

New

3 Devout Gaurdian focus (Level 5)

4. Warding energy(level 8)

5. Armor lore(level 12)

7. Source lord focus(25)

8. Combat discipline(35)

9. Tactics(50) chose it now to mod and move past silver

10. Sword/axe Lore (65)

• 1 month later...

I'm curious as to how you got Concentration at level 3. Is this a difference between console/pc? I am on PS3 and the absolute soonest I could pick it up would be level 5 (source warden lore (lv2(2pts)), +1pt L3, +1pt L4, +1pt L5). Am I misreading the guide somehow?

I'm curious as to how you got Concentration at level 3. Is this a difference between console/pc? I am on PS3 and the absolute soonest I could pick it up would be level 5 (source warden lore (lv2(2pts)), +1pt L3, +1pt L4, +1pt L5). Am I misreading the guide somehow?

No your correct I picked it next @ 5. Sometimes I'm writing fast didnt add that little tid bit. I held off on that pick till I had enough points dumped in the other skil so I could choose concentration next. So I went a few levels before my next pick .

• 1 month later...

Is is possible to list how you're spending points in all of these combat arts and attributes?

Like, where should I be spending them while leveling up? I could pump a bunch of points into one thing, end up sucking and have to start again (Thanks for no respeccing, Ascaron, wasting hours and hours on a slowly breaking character is FUN!).

Example, at level 2 and 3 I should get Source Warden and Concentration, great, but then how should I spend points in them from there?

Thanks.