All Combat Arts modifier bug?

essjayehm

Well, I certianly hope I'm not missing something (simple, or complicated...) to get the "All Combat Arts +X" modifier to work on the PS3.

As I was thinking this morning about how to post this, I realized I may have missed an important step in my testing. I didn't try re-setting the game (quitting and re-starting) after my tests... so I will be trying that tonight.

Steps I have taken so far - (Seraphim and High Elf (evil campaign) tested so far)

Equip the amulet on my inventory

Forge the amulet on weapons, armour (& equip the item)

Ensure I have all Combat Arts "opened" - at least one rune read into each Combat Art

All the equip / unequip / equip combinations I can think of.

Of course, I have tested equipment pieces (bracers, 2-star; and Ker's Scepter) with this modifier on it.

I've exhaused all my thoughts on this subject, and it definitely is not a display bug (Combat Art damage decreases, regen times get faster, etc)

I went through the entire Console thread and the first 10 pages here, and didn't see anything on this subject, so I thought I'd better post my findings, and either have it confirmed (whaaaaa....) or told what I am doing wrong (pleasepleasepleaseplease).

If it doesn't work, I believe the most important effect this will have is that 3-aspect builds will be quite a bit trickier to get to high levels.

Another question, on the PS3 - there is a modifier that says "Block Chance: ________" (with no "attack type" afer the colon) - does this refer to all attacks (Melee, Projectiles, Combat Arts, Root, etc...) or is it a display bug, and it is actually for only one of the attack types?

Many thanks in advance for all suggestions!

I'll go toil some more, through darkness :D

This might sound stupid but where are you going to check if the "All Skills +X" is taking affect?

You have to go to Overview, then press R1, to bring up the Additional Bonus window.

Not a bad question, actually...

Usually I just use the Skills page to see if an All Skills +X is working. These work fine for me.

The "All Combat Arts +X" does not increase the levels of any of my combat arts (whereas an Aspect: Exalted Warror will raise all Combat Art's in EW) For this I use the Combat Arts page; as this will show me my damage and regen. times. Plus, the overview you would have to add up the All Combat Arts, Aspect: (whatever) and the individual Combat Art bonuses to get a total bonus for any of my Combat Art's

I usually don't use the overview window... information overload! I'll use it to monitor some things (total RpH, attribute bonuses, or w/e).

I tried several variations with equipping and re-starting last night, but to no avail.

Does noone else experience this?