Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

got it, I guess I read that wrong. makes sense though. oh well, still dumping all my spare points into lore for now, my son keeps giving me grief because I've got a couple skills still under 5... guess I'll get a point next level then...

Someone said they were broke and running out of ruins. As My main man Zeus said make sure you double back.

Thanks for remembering me:) Lol.

Also about runes people forget. If you have alot of money you should trade it straight up 1 for 1 $125k but I would not do anything less than 2 for 1 $25k.

Also for those say the scorp's hit hard. Yes, the red ones do and that is because when you have AB running your fire resistance is lowered and thats what the red scorps hit you with Fire.

I still say the Desert by far is the best for experience., if I were start a new VD Dryad once voodoo is modded I would run kolbolds until I have AB fully modded. Then make a free world game (bronze) enter the desert through the wp's under the ground there and get my insect head. Then head north until I find the Portal that is North and a little west of Khorum (sp?). Now it is on start my desert runs. I do not mess with the red scorps until I have golden glade touch up and running. Another big thing is eat as many AB runes as possible the sky is the limit. Dont forget to mod MA because when you stop to gather your experience. throw out your pet and let him do the killing for you.

I havent been on PS3 until last night, been play the xbox version of this game since I picked one up cheap. But I am back on PS3 send me a message if anyone has any questions.

Aaaah, so AB is ok to mod as high as possible. I figured I was missing out on something! These are good tips, thanks a ton!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got it, I guess I read that wrong. makes sense though. oh well, still dumping all my spare points into lore for now, my son keeps giving me grief because I've got a couple skills still under 5... guess I'll get a point next level then...

Someone said they were broke and running out of ruins. As My main man Zeus said make sure you double back.

Also about runes people forget. If you have alot of money you should trade it straight up 1 for 1 $125k but I would not do anything less than 2 for 1 $25k.

Also for those say the scorp's hit hard. Yes, the red ones do and that is because when you have AB running your fire resistance is lowered and thats what the red scorps hit you with Fire.

I still say the Desert by far is the best for experience., if I were start a new VD Dryad once voodoo is modded I would run kolbolds until I have AB fully modded. Then make a free world game (bronze) enter the desert through the wp's under the ground there and get my insect head. Then head north until I find the Portal that is North and a little west of Khorum (sp?). Now it is on start my desert runs. I do not mess with the red scorps until I have golden glade touch up and running. Another big thing is eat as many AB runes as possible the sky is the limit. Dont forget to mod MA because when you stop to gather your experience. throw out your pet and let him do the killing for you.

I havent been on PS3 until last night, been play the xbox version of this game since I picked one up cheap. But I am back on PS3 send me a message if anyone has any questions.

Aaaah, so AB is ok to mod as high as possible. I figured I was missing out on something! These are good tips, thanks a ton!

Well lets make this clear hopefully you chose rugged for your first mod in AB. But yes the sky is the limit with only one drawl back and that is your very weak to fire. Now to off set this you have a few choices. Make sure you have 3 fire relics equipted at all times. Also I cant remember the set name but three pieces of this armor also gives resistance to fire which is a must.

2nd MA if modded right you should always keep the pets level 2x higher than yours. To see the pets level open the combat art to where you can read it, you will see the pets level.

Trust me if this is your very first character, you will need to spend some time shopping for rings/ammulets along with doing alot of boss runs to gather different set gear to help you. But all in all once your characters gets stronger, just keep reading those AB and MA runes you will have no problem doing the main quest, guardian runs, orc caves or what ever you want with little problems.

Well lets make this clear hopefully you chose rugged for your first mod in AB. But yes the sky is the limit with only one drawl back and that is your very weak to fire. Now to off set this you have a few choices. Make sure you have 3 fire relics equipted at all times. Also I cant remember the set name but three pieces of this armor also gives resistance to fire which is a must.

2nd MA if modded right you should always keep the pets level 2x higher than yours. To see the pets level open the combat art to where you can read it, you will see the pets level.

Trust me if this is your very first character, you will need to spend some time shopping for rings/ammulets along with doing alot of boss runs to gather different set gear to help you. But all in all once your characters gets stronger, just keep reading those AB and MA runes you will have no problem doing the main quest, guardian runs, orc caves or what ever you want with little problems.

I'll be honest, GEAR IS MY WORST ENEMY RIGHT NOW! =) When I bought the game I loved it enough to grind through, and then other stuff came out. Now that my attention is fully on this, I'm level 47 and my gear seriously lacks, MA is only modded one level I think, and I still lack the full mods of Vines and Lances... so my learning curve for properly distributing the points is severely behind... I know people say 'silver' white griffin is good for beginners and getting chestplate of time, but other than this I'm lost. XD I can level like a madman thanks to the other suggestions, but gear has and always will seem to be my worst enemy. =\

Do you play online? if so let me know I do have some low level gear I could give you. I have been running my dryad on bronze trying to get one of two final set pieces to drop so I can get the trophy for fashion police so I know I have several different pieces alot of extras.

Do you play online? if so let me know I do have some low level gear I could give you. I have been running my dryad on bronze trying to get one of two final set pieces to drop so I can get the trophy for fashion police so I know I have several different pieces alot of extras.

I don't play online because I don't have a headset. I understand that MOST people get EXTREMELY frustrated with folks that don't have them, so until I get a piece, I'm offline. =) Mighty kind gesture though!

I don't play online because I don't have a headset. I understand that MOST people get EXTREMELY frustrated with folks that don't have them, so until I get a piece, I'm offline. =) Mighty kind gesture though!

Well you could make an account hop online and get this free stuff. I also make alot of games private online seems to make better drops

Well you could make an account hop online and get this free stuff. I also make alot of games private online seems to make better drops

I gotcha. I have a PSN ID: Ukrain. I'm not gonna be able to hop on today though, the girlfriend is dragging me out to dinner and a movie tonight. =) In case I can't run into you later, maybe some boss run suggestions would be beneficial so I'm not relying on the kindness of others to get my character to Niob? I know Griffin is good, I've also heard Mr. Gar is a good one to do... most of my kill comes from globbing VD infected mobs together and taking them down as far as possible before I have to use Acute Mind and the 'Boss Combo' mentioned in the initial write up (has tangled vines and edaphic lances, as well as a debuff before all that...) and popping a ton of potions. Seeing as how this is my first REAL character in Sacred 2, I'm still getting the hang of how this one can operate.

Thanks again, Sir Zeus! You're a gentleman and a scholar. =D

well I've been Mia testing out a new dryad build off line and let me say ess I feel your pain a little bit. There is a huge difference of being offline before version update 1.02. Last update for console what you were saying about combat art plusgear is insane and I ran into that same thing. One for ten ouch. I still would do this build before the update though for one simple reason it was built to level fast and oh it does before the update. I'm level thirty eight and have a total playtime of three hour and ten minutes. Where I lack in hear I make up in skills. My gear is all level fifteen. I do see a difference in rune drop rate too they seen to drop a lot slowwer. So yin and yang the online offline experience. I would recomend deleting your game utility and going offline if all you want to do that day is level. Then when you go back online quest or kill bosses or look for gear. It takes like three minutes to get the update again when you go back online.

[

well I've been Mia testing out a new dryad build off line and let me say ess I feel your pain a little bit. There is a huge difference of being offline before version update 1.02. Last update for console what you were saying about combat art plusgear is insane and I ran into that same thing. One for ten ouch.

Well, I've been digging for this info since I got onto Dark Matters. Lessee... join date Nov-09, 8 months I've been looking to solve this. Well, I guess I'll have to find a hotspot and log on once to get a "good, working" version of Sacred.

But I've learned to play without All Combat Arts, hrm... do I really want it? :D

MANY thanks for your input, Karrupted.

ESS you can have your combat arts up to par but you would just have to read alot of runes. The plus combat art amulets are just horrible offline. heres a video of a small flood. 2 minutes after contaminatibg the swamp.

th_flood.jpg

Admittedly, I have not run the swamp... but the comparison is pretty close. Looks like yours are better than mine... but it's probably the swamp/desert comparison. The biggest floods I get from desert seem to come if I try to stay in the scarab-loaded areas...

Nice work, KarruptedKat!

Admittedly, I have not run the swamp... but the comparison is pretty close. Looks like yours are better than mine... but it's probably the swamp/desert comparison. The biggest floods I get from desert seem to come if I try to stay in the scarab-loaded areas...

Nice work, KarruptedKat!

I'll try the desert next just wanted to show a quick comparison. the more times I make this build the more I figure out and I try and write about it. Not to be a Debbie Downer but Ive also noticed the difference in item/runes that are spawned.(this test was performed in a free world offline) When I use to play(Before last update)I would start online then get kicked off but the game had already loaded up the formulas for being online so my drops were alot better. Ive also noticed one big combat art that I missed on the intial write up that needs attention. The use of the malicious totem. This is a huge asset when it comes to killing bosses and farming for the proper head.

Modded-solid,Pointed,Expert........not sure how I missed that gem but omg its huge on damage w/ this build. Add this one in a button by itself and you can have multiple totems out killing all in the area.

just hit 65 tonight, no idea what I'm gonna take, debating shields, combat reflexes and spell resistance...been hammering points into NWL/NWF primarily...

karrupted, this build is freakin cool (yeah, I know, I've said it already but I dont think I can say it too much)

just hit 65 tonight, no idea what I'm gonna take, debating shields, combat reflexes and spell resistance...been hammering points into NWL/NWF primarily...

karrupted, this build is freakin cool (yeah, I know, I've said it already but I dont think I can say it too much)

Go W/ the Shield 1000% on that..... Flexes are nice but she has a nature evasion boost. Spell resistance is natural for her aswell when you pop Golden glade touch check out your attributes your will power sky rockets.Plus w/ the right shield I.E Stalworth or glacial shield her defensive bonus is insane. So 1000% go shield.

I posted up Version 2.0 on the 2nd post of the main for the newer players but still prefer this one^^.

Go W/ the Shield 1000% on that..... Flexes are nice but she has a nature evasion boost. Spell resistance is natural for her aswell when you pop Golden glade touch check out your attributes your will power sky rockets.Plus w/ the right shield I.E Stalworth or glacial shield her defensive bonus is insane. So 1000% go shield.

I posted up Version 2.0 on the 2nd post of the main for the newer players but still prefer this one^^.

Thanks Karrupt! I might be level 46 but I think I'd like to give this version 2 build a shot.

ok, took shield lore this morning (had a guy at the house working on my boiler so I came to work 2 hours late). probably going to leave it at 1 for a while while I work on getting all my Combat Arts modded (still need one more on GGT, I screwed up and modded other things before GGT and AM. I do have a glacial shield (level 30) and three chestpiece of time (levels 30?, 65 and 80) that account for a large part of my armor. I will say that I have learned not to stop running if I can help it and I do double back when I get a large dose of xp so...need to pick things up to get more runes and stuff to sell too...making my way to desert on Gold to see if I can stay alive long enough to shoot up a bunch of levels. (whats item cap on gold? griffon needs continual beatings for set pieces)

I think one of my biggest problems will be my lack of runes for this char and my lack of socketable gear for lowbies (I do have a level 2 HE Bargainer that I'll set up and use for shopping when I start playing other chars again eventually but for now, my 47 seraphim and 67 dryad get all my time.

A VD dryad will not get very much from drops. Expect to be extremely short on runes, cash, etc. unless you concentrate on doing some grinding now and again.

Also, if using this build as a shopper for another character, the other char. can stash stuff in the chest for the shopper to get some $$.

For runes, I just stash them until I can afford to trade at 1 for 1 (and $125k).

Yin and yang. After the update it is rough on you w/ gear but @ 75+ you will see a huge increase in drops/money on the ground. the early years for this build are rough but the end is always good. That goes for any build in the early years it may seem that your build might not be so grewat but you have to look at the future result of your choice. Ive built a HE like 4 times. 2 pyros and 2 ice queens. Hard to find the yin/yang w/ her because she is so fragile but it is there and you can find it f you dont give up. Same for this build version 2.0 will help more new players since your arent so versed in the arts yet. So the defensive bonusses and regeneration plus will help you farm and not run away and miss out on the loot that you left behind.

Happy Hunting im back online for now.

figurred out one more thing ess about online versus off. The voodoo spread stays up almost for ever offline like seriously go make a sandwich come back and theres still mobs infected.Another bonus to being offline is the mobs stay stronger then you longer. Meaning offline the mobs were dark red for me 5-10 levels id say higher in level. Online they went to Orange in the same area. Online the disease drops alot faster id say no matter what you do ive only been able to keep a good spread up 30 minutes or so. Also theres a bigger bonus from survival being online. so Ascaron kinda screwed the exploit but gave us a plus in survival bonus. Yin/Yang.

Edited by karruptedkat

After reading, I noticed something, im too high leveled for my region. Lol everything worked in sync that was effing up my VD. First off, I didnt have the correct gear and stuff and tried forever on the kobolds till I was too high to get good experience from them anymore.

Then I kept continuing through like this till desert, got to level 66. I did this all in silver. I should be in gold -.-

I know this is my problem because I went back to kobolds and it worked perfect and is working good at desert... just really slow :) lol thanks again KK for the build :)

Sorry for another double post. But this is the ultimate tip for folks on the 360 that can only get this to work once in a secret ascaron cave. (1/1,000,000)

Go to system setting then hard drive, press y for more info of the hard drive, then clear cache, unplug your xbox live cord(you don't have to, you can just say no to the update, but that could corrupt your save to better safe then sorry) then try the disease in desert.

After doing so, I was actually able to do this and get from about 60-70 in less then an hour-hour 1/2.

:blowup:

A VD dryad will not get very much from drops. Expect to be extremely short on runes, cash, etc. unless you concentrate on doing some grinding now and again.

Also, if using this build as a shopper for another character, the other char. can stash stuff in the chest for the shopper to get some $$.

For runes, I just stash them until I can afford to trade at 1 for 1 (and $125k).

yeah, I screwed up early and was trading 3 for 1, now I do 1 for 1. I have decent amount of cash, I tend to double back after I get a rush of xp and pick up whatever I find (usually not many runes)...sell most of it...

DOH.....A friend helped me out so Im passing along what he told me. My 157 dryad is no good anymore as of 2 days ago I cant trade I'll explain later but heres a quick fix to leveling.

"Okay so what I was gonna tell you is this, if you've got two controllers it works good, so with my old file, I have a seperate offline account with that old data on it, since I had two chars in niob that basically only leveled there I had alot of quests to do, and I seen where the PC players power leveled threw 2 quests in areyender (sp), well I did those two quests along with the kobloid chieftain and the blacksmith tutorial before collecting the rewards I saved my game and backed it up to my flash drive.

So when you go back into the game make it offline and enter the game and go to areyender and bring the other char in like its a couch co op. it doesnt matter which char talks to the npcs to get the rewards... I go from 1-9 with a few buttons and then from 9-12(13 depending) with another, I took a temple guardian to 30 in like 40 minutes of this.... you might have already knew how to do this, but it was new to me, so I figured id share " ViolentR.

Thank you. On my new dryad shes level 22 in 10 minutes playtime woot. even faster then my original post. If you dont get how this works I will fully explain later.Also thank you Damware for your tip. Awesome to hear that that works on xbox aswell^^. Woot kick it old school for Super fast leveling.

Edited by karruptedkat
DOH.....A friend helped me out so Im passing along what he told me. My 157 dryad is no good anymore as of 2 days ago I cant trade I'll explain later but heres a quick fix to leveling.

"Okay so what I was gonna tell you is this, if you've got two controllers it works good, so with my old file, I have a seperate offline account with that old data on it, since I had two chars in niob that basically only leveled there I had alot of quests to do, and I seen where the PC players power leveled threw 2 quests in areyender (sp), well I did those two quests along with the kobloid chieftain and the blacksmith tutorial before collecting the rewards I saved my game and backed it up to my flash drive.

So when you go back into the game make it offline and enter the game and go to areyender and bring the other char in like its a couch co op. it doesnt matter which char talks to the npcs to get the rewards... I go from 1-9 with a few buttons and then from 9-12(13 depending) with another, I took a temple guardian to 30 in like 40 minutes of this.... you might have already knew how to do this, but it was new to me, so I figured id share " ViolentR.

Thank you. On my new dryad shes level 22 in 10 minutes playtime woot. even faster then my original post. If you dont get how this works I will fully explain later.Also thank you Damware for your tip. Awesome to hear that that works on xbox aswell^^. Woot kick it old school for Super fast leveling.

Hehehe... I love the method of just jumping in the couch co-op player for Niob quest rewards. I had exactly like you said, Karrupted, level 18 in 7 mins "playtime"... I'll usually complete an entire area of quests, then bring in the 2nd player for the rewards... and usually ending up with a good chunk of cash as well.

Ouch, that sux that your dryad cannot trade anymore... was that from flipping back and forth between offline/online versions?

I updated back to patched sacred 2, went on gold, and it works fine, I guess it's all good now and im officially one of the pro's! On 360 tho, there is a bunch of people with experience gear that says, "+experience 280,876.13% and they gave me a shield that had that. I got from lev 76 to 111 in one small vd run. How the hell are they doing this? D: sorta ruining the game ):

EDIT: Having a little trouble with money on this char, any tips?

Edited by dameware
I updated back to patched sacred 2, went on gold, and it works fine, I guess it's all good now and im officially one of the pro's! On 360 tho, there is a bunch of people with experience gear that says, "+experience 280,876.13% and they gave me a shield that had that. I got from lev 76 to 111 in one small vd run. How the hell are they doing this? D: sorta ruining the game ):

EDIT: Having a little trouble with money on this char, any tips?

go figure you're having trouble with money on that char, you're leveling too fast. I had a ridiculous rune on diablo2, huge xp and gains to stats...used it for like a week then deleted the char, took all the fun out of the game...