Shadow Warrior Questions

FURY

Hey all, I'm new to DarkMatters, I have found it to be a great rescource, and a great site. I am fairly new to Sacred 2. I have completed the campaign on both light and shadow, on bronze, and have messed around with all the characters to level them to at least 15 for x-box achievements. I am planning on making a Shadow Warrior to play through all the difficulties and enjoy leveling up, getting good items, and well.... owning if possible. lol

I've got a bunch of questions:

-DW or Hafted? I have played through on DW on bronze (reached level 39 lol) and been pretty satisfied, but am looking to do max damage. Sometimes it seems duel wield can be pretty weak and rocking a solid two would work... but I am not sure and need some oppinions.

(I have completed class quest and have the 2h axe and stats look legit.)

-Which diety?

-Light or Dark Campaign? ( I have completed both but too far apart to remember which I preferred. Does it matter?)

Attributes:

I put most all points into strength, and some into vitality.

Skills:

1. Tactics Lore

2. Armor Lore

3. *DW or Hafted*

4. Death Warrior Focus

5. Malevolent Champion Focus

6. Concentration (just for two buffs Grim and Reflect)

7. Toughness

8. Combat Reflexes?

9. Speed Lore?

10. Blacksmithing?

not really sure on the last three skills. I put most attribute points in strength, and most sockets I use whet so I was thinking defensive skills would help even me out...

*Also* I would like to be able to find better items and be able to work with them... blacksmithing? Im not really sure what exactly a good way to go about this... But it seems it would help later on if I could find better weapons and upgrade them myself.

Combat Arts:

Demonic Blow

Scything Sweep

Rousing Command

Grim resilience (Buff)

Frenzied Rampage

Belligerent Vault (kept at level 1-- its nice to be able to jump lol)

Reflective Emanation

*These are the main ones I will be using. I basically plan to pure melee damage/ tank. I do not plan on using any Astral Lore Combat Arts.

Mount:

Death Warrior Mount

I have seen the guides for set farming. I plan on doing this to possibly work on some Armatins. I do not exactly know how to do this other than for the level 20 set, which would be decent to get me started through some bronze possibly. How would I work this after I complete bronze and am ready to upgrade some before I continue to Silver?

I also know about the Ork Cave. Last time through I simply wanted to beat the Light Campaign for the achievement, and did not bother with this.

This is pretty long and in depth, but I have taken time to read a lot of people's guides and ideas and have gotten this far. I would like to make a character I can enjoy and continue to play.

Thanks

the campaign doesn't matter.... choose whatever you like, light or shadow

as for deity to choose I like testa(it heals me and damages enemies around) but it doesn't really matter because in my opinion the divine gift and divine devotion skill are useless (there are better ways to heal and deal damage)

remove combat reflexes skill and choose constitution. you need all the hp you can get if you want to melee, and the mastery bonus is too good to pass (hp regen in combat)

about speed lore.... the attack bonus is always nice, but is pretty small and the increased run speed is just crap(you will always use the hellhound, which is one the fastest mounts in the game) I say drop it and choose

combat discipline which gives -regen on Combat Art's in a combo and more damage from Combat Art's

as for weapon choice, I like dual wielding swords.....(dual wield is not weak at all, btw)

Welcome to D.a.r.k I'll try and answwr your questions the best I know. I played Xbox before moving to PC.

Hey all, I'm new to DarkMatters, I have found it to be a great rescource, and a great site. I am fairly new to Sacred 2. I have completed the campaign on both light and shadow, on bronze, and have messed around with all the characters to level them to at least 15 for x-box achievements. I am planning on making a Shadow Warrior to play through all the difficulties and enjoy leveling up, getting good items, and well.... owning if possible. lol

I've got a bunch of questions:

-DW or Hafted? I have played through on DW on bronze (reached level 39 lol) and been pretty satisfied, but am looking to do max damage. Sometimes it seems duel wield can be pretty weak and rocking a solid two would work... but I am not sure and need some oppinions.

(I have completed class quest and have the 2h axe and stats look legit.)

Depends on your playstyle, I've done both and the Shadow Warrior that I got to 114 was a 2handed sword guy initially. in later levels I switched him to sword and shield. Having extra slots in hand really helps. So what I've done since is always went DW. And Regen per hit works on xbox you can really max out a Combat Art. The frenzied rampage has about a five second animation so I would get my regens to 2x that animation and my regen per hit to at least 1/2 of the Combat Art regen.

-Which diety?

Thats up to you really. I use the diety for that save me feature. pick one that will protect, heal, or reflect damage back.

-Light or Dark Campaign? ( I have completed both but too far apart to remember which I preferred. Does it matter?)

Again personal preferance. In my playing I started to gravitate to the Dark side. The mainline quest was easier than light. ( Tunnels under seraphim island, Only one Mist) etc. Also the dark side allowed me a bit more freedom. In orc territory I got to kill everyone not just one faction. On the hill where you get the ten troll teeth for the necklace the dark campaign allows you to kill everything. So... everytime I went in that area I would gain at least a level by clearing that hill out.

Attributes:

I put most all points into strength, and some into vitality.

I always ran first 50 levels into vitality then everything strength. But it depends on your set-up. I like to get a good base health pool for the just in case then I'll work Strength.

Skills:

1. Tactics Lore

2. Armor Lore

3. *DW or Hafted*

4. Death Warrior Focus

5. Malevolent Champion Focus

6. Concentration (just for two buffs Grim and Reflect)

7. Toughness

8. Combat Reflexes?

9. Speed Lore?

10. Blacksmithing?

not really sure on the last three skills. I put most attribute points in strength, and most sockets I use whet so I was thinking defensive skills would help even me out...

*Also* I would like to be able to find better items and be able to work with them... blacksmithing? Im not really sure what exactly a good way to go about this... But it seems it would help later on if I could find better weapons and upgrade them myself.

First off DONOT chose Blacksmith on the console, its doesn't work, and speed lore is really a so so skill. So I would drop both Speed lore and blacksmith and pick instead ( my opinion) Constitution, for when your evade and armor fails a nice pool of health will help take that hit. And last Combat Discipline for more damage 10% lower regen

Combat Arts:

Demonic Blow

Scything Sweep

Rousing Command

Grim resilience (Buff)

Frenzied Rampage

Belligerent Vault (kept at level 1-- its nice to be able to jump lol)

Reflective Emanation

*These are the main ones I will be using. I basically plan to pure melee damage/ tank. I do not plan on using any Astral Lore Combat Arts.

Mount:

Death Warrior Mount

Mount up to you, I use Frenzied Ramp for my main combat art and its really slow while mounted, so I find and socket run speed instead of using a mount.

I have seen the guides for set farming. I plan on doing this to possibly work on some Armatins. I do not exactly know how to do this other than for the level 20 set, which would be decent to get me started through some bronze possibly. How would I work this after I complete bronze and am ready to upgrade some before I continue to Silver?

Personally I don't know how you can stay awake on bronze. With a strong Shadow Warrior move straight to silver, get your damage up for the one hit kills and the armor pieces will start dropping. Never let a triple arrow ( champion) get past you without chasing him down and killing it. those net you the better items. My Shadow Warrior I made for Xbox was a three aspect build I got him into niob and he has never died, so skip bronze with the Shadow Warrior.

I also know about the Ork Cave. Last time through I simply wanted to beat the Light Campaign for the achievement, and did not bother with this.

Orc cave on xbox is really great. Dont loot and boxes, and kill as fast as ya can. Shoot for no slower than 10 seconds. Before going in there make sure that you can take the hits of 4 Champion champions. Those green boys can hit really hard.

This is pretty long and in depth, but I have taken time to read a lot of people's guides and ideas and have gotten this far. I would like to make a character I can enjoy and continue to play.

Thanks

Hope that helps....now remember thats just my own opinion, there are many ways to get the same thing done this was just my way. end result was a level 114 Shadow Warrior three aspect build on niob that never died. Worked for me!

Okay solid advice. I was getting great drops from the mist three times around. Still mainly unsure on hafted vs DW. also not fully understanding socketing.

Okay solid advice. I was getting great drops from the mist three times around. Still mainly unsure on hafted vs DW. also not fully understanding socketing.

Well for Hafted there are one handed and two handed. If you do dual wield one handed hafted you'll hit twice instead of once and have more sockets to mod. If you do this one put one point of skill into either DW or hafted and put points into the other.

For socketing that's in another thread that I'm sure someone else can point you to. I'm limited on linking you there using my iPhone.

yeah I think I may duel wield, but with swords- just a preference. should I put one point in sword lore and concentrate on DW or one point duel wield and concentrate on sword lore (so if needed I could use a 2h sword?)

yeah I think I may duel wield, but with swords- just a preference. should I put one point in sword lore and concentrate on DW or one point duel wield and concentrate on sword lore (so if needed I could use a 2h sword?)

I think (unless someone more knowledgable) if you want the option to switch to 2h one point in DW and rest of points in sword would get you best of both worlds

When you are dual wielding the only skill that raises your attack speed is dual wielding. Dual wielding and weapon specific lores do not stack. If you have only one weapon equipped (either on its own or with a shield) then its specific lore takes effect. Two weapons equipped and dual wielding takes effect, regardless of weapon type be they axe, sword, hafted or magic staff.

Edited by Dragon Brother
When you are dual wielding the only skill that raises your attack speed is dual wielding. Dual wielding and weapon specific lores do not stack. If you have only one weapon equipped (either on its own or with a shield) then its specific lore takes effect. Two weapons equipped and dual wielding takes effect, regardless of weapon type be they axe, sword, hafted or magic staff.

Alright so I probably will simply just DW and level that.

So far this is what I am thinking for skills:

1. Tactics Lore

2. DW

3. Armor Lore

4. Death Warrior

5. Malevolent Champion

6. Concentration (leave at level one most likely)

7. Constitution

8.Toughness

9. Combat Reflexes

10. Enhanced perception (id like to be able to have better chances at finding better items)

*OR* for last skill I could use Spell resistance? Or Combat Discipline?

One flaw there, Enhanced Perception cannot be taken unless you have 5 points into a 1st tier General skill(Blacksmith, Divine Devotion etc..).

• 2 months later...

Hi I am new to this game and I was wondering when you say that the attack speed doen't stack does that also mean that the attack value doen't stack?

• 2 months later...