Rallied souls

sigma20xx

I think you can't. If you choose Furor gold modification, the zombies will inflict more damage, but, you can't make them stronger via item modifiers. Once I whet my Lucreti's set and the spectral soldiers and zombies were still doing the same damage.

I just modded rally to the silver mod and now my souls last a long time. over 50 seconds and I am only level 54. They have 2000 armor from the bronze mod.

They do MUCH less damage than the skeletons, but first consider that my skeletal warrior buff is costing me about 94% recharge penalty and the souls have no penalty. They SHOULD be weaker.

Side question is on the gold mod? Does the souls ever make new souls? Or should I just take the damage mod? I think I want more damage, but it WOULD be cool to have a huge army like the S1 vampire.

The question is: why do you want more minions if they are nearly useless? Zombies only can make new zombies when they kill the opponent. If they don't inflict high damage, it will take longer to kill the enemy, and they rarely turn into zombies. In my opinion, it makes the astral Shadow Warrior boring.

I think using Rallied Souls after a Skeletal Fortification, modifying it for more range, quantity and damage, and creating a devastating troop of zombies in a sudden in that way rocks a lot.

in my personal experience, I have found rallied souls to be incredibly useful, when combined with 2 Sword/Shield/Armour modded skeles

it all depends on what you raise, Weak kobold in life = Weak kobold in death. What I have done, is put Spectral hand in a combo with rallied souls, and I target a champion. I am able to 1 shot and raise most champions this way, and a champion raised is a very useful ally :Just_Cuz_21:

Shadow Veil makes Astral Lord boring, anything after it must be an improvement. I haven't used Rallied souls much so I can't really comment on it.

Nether Allegiance is good except skeletons are too slow and unless your character is fairly weak, its easy to kill everything without need for Nether Allegiance. Even with only 2 skeletons, they aren't very good.

Skeletal Fortification is nice but if you have a character with all 3 focus skills, its hard to choose Skeletal Fort over Augmenting Guidon in a combo - this is assuming you have Combat Discipline and can make 3 Combat Art combos, as the 2 obvious buffs in any boss killing buff combo are rousing command & killing spree, Augmenting guidon & Skeletal Fort have to fight for 3rd place (ok, you could get combat discipline to level 75 and make a 4 Combat Art combo but I am yet to have a situation where a 3 Combat Art buff combo isn't overkill).

• 2 months later...
The question is: why do you want more minions if they are nearly useless? Zombies only can make new zombies when they kill the opponent. If they don't inflict high damage, it will take longer to kill the enemy, and they rarely turn into zombies.

With contagion, do the revived enemies have to kill the enemy (deal the killing blow) to have a chance to make new revives, or do they simply have to damage them?