Your Favourite Musical of all time

Hey people,

I am just wondering what your favourite musical of all time is?

I cna see most people will probably say grease or something like that because its a ver famous on, but I really don't know what to choose,

lion king, pahntom of the opera, grease, chitty chitty bang bang, rocky horror picture show, little shop of horros, les miserables, the sound of music, we will rock you, mamma mia, ther eare so so many to choose from its really really hard.

I think the best one I have been part of has to be our school production of "the Wiz" whihc is an adaptation of the wizard of oz but in a 1970's motown style.

but my overal favourite musical of all time has got to be Les Miserables.

Oh, I'm a sucker for musicals... hehe. I have to be in the right mood to watch them, but when I am, I love them. Can't stand Grease though. :)

I think my faves would be Oliver, My Fair Lady, and Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella.

thats pretty cool.

the ones you have all listed so far are ones I love, although due to school production oliver isn't one of my favourites jsut because it was completely awful and it put me off it for life.

boreas, I'm doing les mis this year fot he school prduction and as well as my normal role as "technical director" doing all the sound lighting and pyrotechnics, I will be put on stage this year due to a lack of strong male voises and so far we have only had the auditions and I've already been cast as 4 of the main characters. firlty I was valjean, then enjorlas, then javert and I think now I am marius so I get to sing empty chairs and empty tables. however my favourite song from it is not empty chairs and empty tables but One day more.

and I know what you mean about south pacific... it is pure cheese but there is something addictive about it! and wel jekyll and hyde I did "this is the moment" for my GCSE music performance just over 2 years ago!

Guest gogoblender

hahah, good thread

I thought I knew all my faves...but when peeps started namin all kinds of movies....

I think my heart leapt when I saw mention of one that I had completely forgotten about.

I nominate...

Dom Dom Dom Dom...

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

/woot

gogo

Hehe why not Kel? /wink

My favourite would have to be Lion King :pitcher:

I love Hakuna Matata /yay

Hakuna Matata!

It means no worries

For the rest of your days.

It's our problem-free philosophy

Hakuna Matata!

great choice their Aur B)

lion king is a great musical. and the talent that is elton john wrote the songs for it!

kel what musical have you been in?

I've said some that I have been in seeing as it was a school production (ok I was doing the sound nad lighting stuff) but I was still part of it!

keep your favourites coming people its great to see so many different tastes in musicals :D

now I've started whistleing Hakuna Matata /whistle :pitcher:

not that I'm moaning :P

I was in "My Fourth Play", an original production by a friend of ours... JonJon played the lead role, and I played opposite him. It wasn't actually a musical, but there was a musical number at the very end. :pitcher:

Guest gogoblender

k...kelyndra...you must...I implore you to PLEASE please, PLEASE show us pics!

Show em if you got em!

lol, I was in a musical when I was twelve..Jesus Christ Superstar...

(School was run by a priest :D)

hmmm, maybe I'll dig up some pix too

/devil

gpgp

I wish I had gotten to see "My Fourth Play". :D

I too have been in a few musicals...."Annie", "The Wizard of Oz" and "My Fair Lady"...I found "My Fair Lady" to be the most fun because I got to sing more in that one. :P

My fave musical to watch is "The Sound of Music" ...but I am also a sucker for "Chicago", "Moulin Rouge", "Grease", "Jesus Christ Superstar"....ok ok....ALL MUSICALS

• 1 month later...

Ah! Cool pic JonJon!

I'd have to say my all time fave is movie of Fiddler on the roof.

"If I were a rich man,

Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.

If I were a wealthy man!"

Oh and a close second is the movie of Little Shop Of Horrors. I never laughed so hard as I did during the scene of Steve Martin laughing to death! Hahaha! XD

Hmmm.... Now I feel like watching it. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

hmmm Would Phantom of the Opera count here? Cause theres lots of singing and a little bit of acting... :D (The original stage show of course, not what they released recently on dvd)

Oh Of course Love Grease, Moulin Rouge and grew up with Jesus Christ Superstar and Fiddler as well :P So they all have a bit of my heart :)

But truly the best of all....

Rocky Horror Picture Show!!

Oh Rocky!

• 4 months later...