The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

• 2 years later...

For years I've heard of this magic formula to get loot, "to farm the Guardians", and I have to admit that curiosity is getting the best of me on this subject. How is in fact this process done? I've tried starting a game in LAN both in campaign and in free play, and while I can teleport to the last monolith before the Guardian's chamber they're not there for the killing. In fact the main quest is always reset on entering the game world or teleporting, which is why it's easy to go bargaining around Start Island as the character status gets saved but the progress isn't.

So what's the trick here? How can you farm bosses by yourself in a LAN game? I'm dead curious.

34 minutes ago, Androdion said:

For years I've heard of this magic formula to get loot, "to farm the Guardians", and I have to admit that curiosity is getting the best of me on this subject. How is in fact this process done? I've tried starting a game in LAN both in campaign and in free play, and while I can teleport to the last monolith before the Guardian's chamber they're not there for the killing. In fact the main quest is always reset on entering the game world or teleporting, which is why it's easy to go bargaining around Start Island as the character status gets saved but the progress isn't.

So what's the trick here? How can you farm bosses by yourself in a LAN game? I'm dead curious.

When  HC Servers were available we could just drop into a fresh Niob server and tpt to the last portal... all the guardians would be there.

I think it was one chance in 400 kills to get a legendary

:)

gogo

Oh, you're right! Started a free play session, teleported to that last monolith before the Guardian's chamber and when I entered it all the doors were wide open and the Guardians spawned there. Great!

So a couple of things I've noticed:

• You need to enter a server in a difficulty level where the campaign is completed. So if the last difficulty you completed is, say Gold, and you're doing SP in Platinum like me you need to enter the lobby in Gold. That way you have direct access to the chamber (and I suppose that in Platinum the doors won't be open).
  • Although the game progress isn't saved the LAN session seems to be saved until you reenter the lobby, so what I've noticed is that going back and forth between portals and monoliths doesn't make the Guardians respawn, you have to start a new free game every time to reset the game session. What you can do however is kill all the campaign bosses in one session as they're all there.
  • Enemies levels during the session will be between the boundaries of the difficulty level (chosen when you enter the lobby) and calculated given your character's level and survival bonus.

Please correct anything in the above points if I'm in any way mistaken. And thanks for the replies. ;)

• Like! 1

The doors are always open in the free game. This might change, when you start the main campaign on a free server, but I´m not sure (and why would anybody do that? xD) The single player (and multiplayer) campaign advancements dont have any influence on that. You should always be able to get to the guardians. You can use the monolith or just the portal in the dungeon on the multiplayer island (this way you can ALWAYS go there fast).

There was a great guardians hunt thread here somewhere by Slevin... he figgered out a lot of the math for high level builds and drops... and he'd only be running drops... lemme see if I can find it

Happy hunting

happy... addiction...

muhahaha

:devil:

gogo

Yeah, doors are closed when you choose campaign mode at the lobby. ;)

So in free play everything is always "there", it's just a matter of being more easily accessible or not. Got it. And I need to try that underground teleport, didn't know about it till now! :D

Guardians have a chance for legendaries, orcs do not. Since sets and unqiues become really common when you reach higher levels, only legendaries need to be farmed.

If you only want to level fast and dont care about legendaries, you should go through the cursed forest. That chain quest gives lots of XP.

EDIT: Do you mean this one?

Btw: I did 90 guardian runs with CM 0160 and got 3 Legendaries. I had ~150% chance to find valuables equipped and I always max Enhanced Perception.

Edited by xcessive
  • Thanks! 1

Cursed Forest is great indeed. :)

My idea was more or less trying to farm mid-level set items and have the best possible loot (yellow and further) to either use or feed the bargaining ladder I'm setting up in SP. Since I park the toons at specific levels I'm not grinding for gold, so I tend to share drops to feed their hunger for gold. Orc Cave is a bit random in that respect as it also gives a lot of mundane stuff, and from what I've seen after two quick runs at the Guardians the difference is substantial so I can loot less to get the same income, while levelling up and trying to get more set items. That's kind of the plan, what say you?

I can only recommend to take Enhanced Perception on every char and put a lot of "Chance to find valuables" in the armor. When you reach a certain point, you will mostly find yellow and blue items, only a few white ones and no grey ones anymore. It almost doesnt matter where you go. And a lot of sets/uniques. You will make a lot of gold (just look at the price difference from grey/white -> blue -> yellow).

Each guardian always drops at least two yellow items (plus potions, gold, runes, books). If you can farm them fast enough, I would always do that. 

Right now I have a Platinum smith, a level 2 Silver and a level 35 Gold bargainers and I'm levelling another one to be my Platinum bargainer, probably around level 65. I really thought about doing a dedicated toon with EP as well to keep feeding the machine but as it stands the smith can collect enough gold for itself while sharing loot for the bargainers to sell for gold. So branching out even more seems a bit too much for me, that is only for supporting toons.

Basically I can feed the smith and the bargainers at the same time and I'm looking for a way to optimize that procedure. ?

Edit: I am a sucker for lists and statistics, so I always noted the succes of my boss runs. Here are some numbers for you:

• Guardian runs (4 Guadians + Egg): 255
    • Guardian 1: 19 Sets, 22 Uniques, 1 Legendary, 1 Mutation Set
    • Guardian 2: 65 Sets, 55 Uniques, 1 Legendary
    • Guardian 3: 56 Sets, 50 Uniques, 4 Legendaries, 1 Mutation Set
    • Guardian 4: 38 Sets, 48 Uniques
    • Egg: 45 Sets, 60 Uniques, 1 Legendary, 1 Mutation Set

This was all in CM Patch 0150, the chance for legendaries might have increased in CM 0160 (Patchnotes: "Added several missing Legendaries (Tier 15 items) to the proper drop lists.")

3 hours ago, xcessive said:

Guardians have a chance for legendaries, orcs do not. Since sets and unqiues become really common when you reach higher levels, only legendaries need to be farmed.

If you only want to level fast and dont care about legendaries, you should go through the cursed forest. That chain quest gives lots of XP.

EDIT: Do you mean this one?

Btw: I did 90 guardian runs with CM 0160 and got 3 Legendaries. I had ~150% chance to find valuables equipped and I always max Enhanced Perception.

Thanks for finding it Xcessive! I've just merged both the topics together as well

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, xcessive said:

Take a ranged weapon. A throwing potion or the new stones. Or Khrals Sceptre :P (I never found this)

I did!!

I think after doing a lot of runs, I only had enough strength to find 6 or 7 legendaries...but Khrals Sceptre was one of them.. what a GAMECHANGER

:dance:

gogo

1 hour ago, xcessive said:

You need a weapon with % Life Leech to kill the egg. It doesnt work in campaigns, only in the free game.

I've always wondered about this.. why the devs bulit it this way...

:tease:

gogo

8 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I did!!

I think after doing a lot of runs, I only had enough strength to find 6 or 7 legendaries...but Khrals Sceptre was one of them.. what a GAMECHANGER

:dance:

gogo

It would be the only weapon (maybe kaldurs as well) with %LL, that I would use. I think %LL is a broken stat and I never use it, except for killing the egg.