My first ever build. (Opinions please.)

Alright, so my Shadow Warrior is only level 3 right now and before I add anything to him I'd like to know if this build will be capable of keeping me afloat at high levels.

Vitality/Strength - 50%/50%

Hafted Weapon - 75

Tactics Lore - 75

Armor Lore - 75

Toughness - 75

Concentration - 75

Constitution - 75

Death Warrior Focus - 75

Malevolent Champion Focus - 75

Shield Lore - 75

Speed Lore - 75

Available Total = 921/171

---------------------

Demonic Blow

Wounding-Poisoning-Trauma

Scything Sweep

Force-Intent-Rage

Ruinous Onslaught

Getaway-Patch-Adrenaline

Rousing Command

War Song-Impulse-Surge

Grim Resilience

Rejuvenation-Readiness-Safeguard

-----------------------------------

Frenzied Rampage

Double Attack-Double Strike-Envenom

Belligerent Vault

Routine-Unaware-Commotion

Augmenting Guidon

Elite-Healing-Leadership

Killing Spree

Control-Burst-Sear

Reflective Emanation

Backlash-Antimagic-Riposte

--------------------------

Spectral Hand

Clout-Chill-Destruction

Skeletal Fortification

Rapid Fire-Ice Shards-Scatter Shot

Rallied Souls

Armament-Vivification-Furor

Shadow Veil

Creep-Fade-Sinister Pact

Nether Allegiance

Sharp Blades-Spectral Shield-Elite Equipment

Notice I have choosen both Hafted and Shield Lore, I plan on using a 2-Handed Hafted weapon to fight weaker enemies and a 1-Handed Hafted weapon and Shield when survival against stronger enemies is needed. Also notice I only put 75 points in each skill, that is only because I do not yet know or understand which of the skills I will require more points in. This is my first build for my first character. Please rate, comment, and give opinions of the build and if I should change anything. I'll be playing on and off with another player, but I ultimately want to focus on a single player build with high survival and moderate to high damage.

I think that exchange 2h hafted and 1h hafted weapons to the strenght of the enemy is not a good idea, 'cause u won't mastery both at the same time, the better thing to do is focus on 1 type of weapon.

keep "Malevolent Champion Focus" & "Death Warrior Focus" at you're char level.

until level 75 keep "Tactis lore" to 20 only.

until level 75 keep "Toughness" to 30.

Use "Concentration" to keep you're Combat Art's under 4s.

the others skill add when u reach what I said to u, and for a level 75 u get a nice build.

Shadow Warrior is a char that I never played, I'm taking a base on my seraphim build.

my opinion, but I think that this may help a bit.

Edited by PVdL

Just a note, you listed mods for your astral lord abilities, but don't have astral lord focus or lore listed so you wont be able to mod the line.

Overall looks like it would be a pretty strong character as long as you can get the equipment you need. My biggest problem with shadow warriors is getting good stuff, I ended up taking riding and enhanced perception just so I could have nice things. :) I also have higher level shoppers that built a supply of +skill and combat art rings and amulets

Edited by deathmaster35
  • 3 weeks later...

Pts in blacksmithing give you 'level + x' on the weapon you can work. If you are level 20 and you have level 6 blacksmithing iirc that is 20 + 3 (a function of the 6) for an item that you can work. So you are not a good enough blacksmith to work level 24 items but you may work level 23 and under items.

Another factor is gold. If you need 20k gold to work a level 23 item and you try to put it on the forge when you only have 200 gold it will appear as if you just cannot work that item. But should you collect enough gold that dissappears.

Level of item and gold are the only two factors I can think of..

I think that exchange 2h hafted and 1h hafted weapons to the strenght of the enemy is not a good idea, 'cause u won't mastery both at the same time, the better thing to do is focus on 1 type of weapon.

keep "Malevolent Champion Focus" & "Death Warrior Focus" at you're char level.

until level 75 keep "Tactis lore" to 20 only.

Shadow Warrior is a char that I never played, I'm taking a base on my seraphim build.

I'm not sure about this advice. Tactics lore on the Shadow Warrior gives you mod points in both Death Warrior and Malevolent champion arts so it can be quite an efficient use of points. As well, ih and 2h hafted are the same skill so indeed mastery will be achievable at the same time. Maybe you meant sheild and hafted? While you would have trouble mastering them at the same time, you would still hopefully unlock shield mods for block % with the skill.

Edited by Phredius

Hafted lore covers both 1 & 2 handed hafted, just not if you dual wield them.

I wouldn't take shield lore as you just don't need it, since you are taking concentration, you can use 2 buffs and all you need are Grim Resilience & Reflective Emanation, use the skill for Combat reflexes (helpful since you can use 2 handed hafted). Not too sure you need speed lore either but its your choice. If you want an option, take combat discipline for the extra Combat Art in combos and more damage & also a 10% reduction in regen.

Edited by colif