Mechanix X-E (Ice and Blood)

mechanixstatue.jpg

EPIC! :)

This guide is simply amazing and would love to give it a go, but would like some info about the differences and bugs regarding consoles. Vanclaf, I know you added in console recommendations on your other LF Guardian and would love to see that done here. I know Ice & Blood changed alot of game mechanics on the PC and still am not sure what that means for console players trying to play a PC player's build. Excellent write-up!

Edited by ryanrocker1217

Hi all good Sacred players,

I am glad you likes and enjoys this build - for me, this is the best satisfaction of my TGs work result. Thanks!

About PC and Consoles differences (and bugs) - I think it is a true stone of pain in my builds. Fact is I have only PC gameplay experience, no consoles and my builds are designed for PC gaming. There are some known bugs and I think there are some differences in controls (mouse targeting vs. gamepad), which affects LF TGs a lot. Count with me:

* general differences in character control - it can be problem with targeting of Combat Arts. All of Combat Arts you use need to be precisely targets in battlefield - obviously when you are using FE, AD or AB. Is it flawlessly possible with gamepad?

* major bugs - yes, non-working Blacksmith and JT Self-repair modification. These bugs are really shame and gameplay breaking.

* minor bug with AD Momentum modification (never mind).

* Differences (and some info-fog) in Damage Lore Skill between S:FA/Ice and Blood/Consoles versions - this is one of the skill, which deserves a lot of players attention and testing on all platforms (with Alchemy).

* Expert Touch in Ice and Blood!

* Deathblow works on consoles - hurray!

* possibly builds changes for console: pick defensive skill (Toughness) instead of Blacksmith and/or Damage Lore.

Modify CAlert Barricade/Riposte or Repair due to reflect from JT/Permanent, TShroud Power/Reduction/Reflection and JT Payback/Voltage/Shelter.

My opinion is that my TGs builds (Mechanix T-100 a Mechanix T-X) in here described forms are only for PC players. There are some important gameplay differences (bugs) between PC and Consoles which makes LF builds less playable on consoles (I am thinking in Niob-relation). BUT, on the other side, this is challenge for all challengeliking players make and share with us some CONSOLES TG LF build.

vaclaf

Edited by vaclaf

Damage Lore for dragon mage:

Damage Lore seems to work only if a spell has direct elementary damage. For example gust of wind modified for poison won't do, because it's a purely physical direct hit.

A pure physical spell, wearing gloves to change damage type, won't have damage lore kicked in. Damage Lore seems to be senseless for a dragon mage.

Damage Lore for high elf:

My old melee elf with damage lore mastery sees the effect on a unmodified fireball. Having a burn DoT nearly the direct damage.

Perhaps we should move the damage lore discussion into a seperate thread to cover all the experience in all the classes?

Hi all good Sacred players,

I am glad you likes and enjoys this build - for me, this is the best satisfaction of my TGs work result. Thanks!

About PC and Consoles differences (and bugs) - I think it is a true stone of pain in my builds. Fact is I have only PC gameplay experience, no consoles and my builds are designed for PC gaming. There are some known bugs and I think there are some differences in controls (mouse targeting vs. gamepad), which affects LF TGs a lot. Count with me:

* general differences in character control - it can be problem with targeting of Combat Arts. All of Combat Arts you use need to be precisely targets in battlefield - obviously when you are using FE, AD or AB. Is it flawlessly possible with gamepad?

* major bugs - yes, non-working Blacksmith and JT Self-repair modification. These bugs are really shame and gameplay breaking.

* minor bug with AD Momentum modification (never mind).

* Differences (and some info-fog) in Damage Lore Skill between S:FA/Ice and Blood/Consoles versions - this is one of the skill, which deserves a lot of players attention and testing on all platforms (with Alchemy).

* Expert Touch in Ice and Blood!

* Deathblow works on consoles - hurray!

* possibly builds changes for console: pick defensive skill (Toughness) instead of Blacksmith and/or Damage Lore.

Modify CAlert Barricade/Riposte or Repair due to reflect from JT/Permanent, TShroud Power/Reduction/Reflection and JT Payback/Voltage/Shelter.

My opinion is that my TGs builds (Mechanix T-100 a Mechanix T-X) in here described forms are only for PC players. There are some important gameplay differences (bugs) between PC and Consoles which makes LF builds less playable on consoles (I am thinking in Niob-relation). BUT, on the other side, this is challenge for all challengeliking players make and share with us some CONSOLES TG LF build.

vaclaf

Hey Vaclaf, first of all I want to say that your TG builds rocks! Also I made on console a TG based on your utility build , picked EP instead of blacksmith & Voltage instead of self repair but even like that JT is still really good.

Right now I'm level 78 and so far this TG is a beast agaisnt crowds AND bosses. Archimedes Beam, Deadly Spears & spamming Jolting Touch allows you to kill any boss rather easely.

But you know what I really liked the most is how you picked the skills & how to put their point during your progress, basically you could pick any class and your strategy build would work the same!

Btw are you still playing Sacred 2 or did you move onto something else? anyway props to you man.

• 2 weeks later...

Vaclaf, in your opinion, is Damage Lore still worth using in Fallen Angel and the console version? Or is the % chance of secondary effects too weak for the skill slot and point investment?

Awesome job with the builds, by the way. They're by far the most inspiring and helpful Temple Guardian builds I've read.

Edited by Shattered Rift
Vaclaf, in your opinion, is Damage Lore still worth using in Fallen Angel and the console version? Or is the % chance of secondary effects too weak for the skill slot and point investment?

Hi Shattered Rift, in my opinion, DL is NOT worth using in FA and console version, because much important than +%chance of secondary effects (which can be obtained from item modifiers) is + %damage for DoTs from skill mastery. Otherside, FA and console version has one great advantage for nonweapons CAs called DEATHBLOW - go for this item modifier and spare one or two skills and tons of skill points.

Question about Area of Effect regarding this build: How effective is this build at taking on groups of enemies? I'm not sure how effective deathly spears and furious emblazer are at taking on mobs. Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Question about Area of Effect regarding this build: How effective is this build at taking on groups of enemies? I'm not sure how effective deathly spears and furious emblazer are at taking on mobs. Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi ryanrocker1217,

of course this build has not that large Area of Effect like Source Warden builds, but it is not even the point (create a large group, start hell, collect items). This is different gameplay experience, its about clicking, moving on battlefield, creating tactical positions, precise targeting and fast switching of CAs. Furious Emblazer covers a space between you with angel (by eyes) 90^ so you have to move (reason for 150 run speed) and creating tactial position - once you done it, start burning. For JT+DS, this is trully "short range melee devastating" combo - once again, you moves on battlefield, create a large group of enemies and in right time you saw into them like chainsaw. DS range is like "two circles of enemies around you" or "one spear hits twice to bigger enemy (pigs, orcs etc.).

Edited by vaclaf

Thanks for clearing that up vanclaf. So now I understand why this build is such a challenge for people to build on console because it takes much more tactics than your average build. As you stated in an earlier post, the targeting is very hard on consoles, which diminishes the ability of this build to work out as planned for the PC. This might be a good project for me (making a very good console LF TG) as I was thinking about starting fresh again. Thanks for the inspiration!

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the double post here :)

After switching over to PC, I've given this build a go with a few different skills selected, namely for defense. I was wondering at which levels a Lost Fusion TG really starts to take off. Right now, I'm level 30 and am able to burn through mobs pretty fast. Bosses are another story though. The only one I can even touch is Ghanka because he's fire/physical resistant, so the magic damage from JT works alright. But how do you manage bosses like gar' and the octopus as they have magic resist? Just tried to do Gar' and with 3 JTs active at the same time, not a bit of damage was being done to him. Any help would be appreciated :D

I was wondering at which levels a Lost Fusion TG really starts to take off.

Ha, it depends - with power of niob support you should be able to kill Griffin at level 7 with JT. With full treasure chest you should be able create a powerful LF warrior at level 25 with all needed skills. And without this support, you have to play hard, step by step.

About Bosses: Make and use Combo of JT+DS and spam it. It is three damage type simultaneously + JT modification tricks. It is enough againts every bosses except Abishai in the game.

Good hunting:-)

vaclaf

I love this build, thanks for coming up with it Vaclaf :D

You did a really clear and well written guide.

My LF Temple Guardian is now level 89 in closed HC and going strong. The only difference in skill choices I took was toughness instead of EP for a little bit more damage mitigation.

He took a few different mods for Amlyfying Discharge- Ricochet/Ricochet/ice bullets as I intended it to be his main CA for mobs. A level ~55 AD is doing about 9-10k per bullet now. Using an 82% chance to half regen he can fire 4 bullets every 0.5 seconds :) , it's is a suprsingly good way of taking down mobs fast and is very good fun to use. Apart from bosses he uses AD all the time.

For bosses I use JT modded Life leech/voltage/shelter. The silver Voltage mod means an instant regen after the first cast and you can eat many runes in JT to increase damage and mitigation. The life leech mod is now giving about 650 leech per tick of JT with multple ticks per cast. It takes bosses down very fast and safe. I've not even used or modded Deathly spears yet or mastered damage lore and still find this build very powerful.

Something I noticed when using JT playing online, if you hold down the right mouse button it will give a much slower regen than if you hammer the mouse button. So hammer that mouse for super instant regen of JT. This also seems to work a little for using AD and is just like playing ping-pong :D

Had a blast playing with Gogo's pryo elf the other night, it's a perfect team build.

Thanks again Vaclaf, definatley recommend everyone to try this build out.

Thanks for the tips guys :) Any idea on what to socket? I'm not sure the weats (damage) BS arts will be a help as the damage is from spells. Obviously +all skills is good, but any important ones? Artamark's star in the amulet slot, and defense seems absolutely amazing. Not sure how to increase the kill speed :D

Edit: The niob weats seem to do the trick with damage. For bosses early on I'm planning to use dedicated blow with a LL% shuriken, as that will do great damage regardless.

Edited by ryanrocker1217
  • 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

thought about this build a few days ago and a question came into my mind:

How do you still put damage on bosses in Platinum/Niobium?!

The Temple-Guardian doesnt have the ancient magic skill, so you´re b*ttplucked when you´re battling with spells against resistent enemies, that can even have a nearly-all-channel-damagemitigation (starting at platinum!). One Example is the Poison Elemental at Dryad-island, who can only be hurt in Platinum by Magic-damage.

Only way seems to choose the element your Enemies are least resistent against, but to my mind it´ll be a long fight at all... with Fiery ember/Icy evanescence u could reduce those resistences, which would be a problem unmodded (resistences aren´t slowed down enough). And its only usefull for Furious Emblazer/Deathly Spears and Amplifying Discharge...Jolting Touch and Archimedes Beam are still out of order.

What are your experiences with that problem?!

• 2 years later...

I'm looking to play a lost fusion temple guardian in ice and blood but I don't already have a shopper/smith... clearly I could drop EP for one of them, but what other skill can I drop for the other?

I'm looking to play a lost fusion temple guardian in ice and blood but I don't already have a shopper/smith... clearly I could drop EP for one of them, but what other skill can I drop for the other?

I vote dropping CD, as that seems to be the one skill the build can function without. It does bring extra damage, but you can most likely make up for that using your shopper :)