New Sunburst Avatar for gogoblender

Well, don't know if I can call this one a surprise, but lets leave the name :P

Gogo, you mentioned - you have ^ ^

Gogo.jpg

I just had to post this absolutely no-photoshoped version cause I love the light on the paper - normally it's just boring grey/white, but as you can see, I took this photo just before the sundusk. I love this light. In real the drawing is a bit smaller than a normal CD cover :)

IMG_0657.jpg

That is too cute.

WOW!

Tel, I just saw this now cuz I'm at work... You have completely spoiled me. I will asap putt this in my avatar slot...AGAIN WOW

Intricate, deep,great colors, and it's an awesome spin on a sunburst. The eyes are particularly stunning... any particular effect you used there?

Thank you!

;)

gogo

Only paper, black and red ink, Gogo, nothing else :D

It was really funny to draw this one and I have to say quite relaxing also :D

And thanks to my informant as well ;)

Edited by TelariTurunen

Cooooool! I wasn't expecting to get to see it so soon Tel. I love it but.... Is that... Dare I say... Abstract?! ;) I love what you did with G's and the "gogo". Shhhhh, secret! ^^

WOW!

Tel, I just saw this now cuz I'm at work... You have completely spoiled me. I will asap putt this in my avatar slot...AGAIN WOW

Intricate, deep,great colors, and it's an awesome spin on a sunburst. The eyes are particularly stunning... any particular effect you used there?

Thank you!

:bounce:

gogo

lol, at work eh? and yes you are spoiled, gogo! awesome creation there Tel!

These colors (black and red) are awesome in so many ways. my dad and I are airplane buffs and these colors are probably my favs

PirepMullicoupe7.jpg

Bing...done! I walk these forums as a new avatar... the embodiment of sun and happy people!

Sorry tel, lol, today was so crazy when working, I didn't have barely any chance to much cept work :cool: Just finishing up everything now and first thing I wanted to do was set this. And you're right Loco, the colors just seen to naturally be good.

Life force stuf...

Don't I look dashing!

:bounce:

Thank you Tel

:)

gogo

But isn't this Cthulhu cute?^ ^

Didn't expect it'd be so cool to draw this avatar.

Loco, I usually prefer green/blue/black colours (all those 'forest' ones, if I can say that), but besides I love the combination of red and black as well. And I think it's just perfect for creations like this one :)

This is the cutest cthulhu I've ever seen. In fact...the more I look at it the more it can resemble a cuttle fish...which my parents used to curry and spice hot for me.

Any reason why every time I look at your avatar it makes me hungry?

Yum!

gogo

Gogo, I haven't eaten lunch yet, you make me hungry! :)

I love cuttle fish. Well, I love fish in general. :) And you know, your Cthulhu has some undefinied cuttle fishy thing... o.O

Edited by TelariTurunen

wow...I'm so impressed that you know the word! I keep wondering about the vocabulary my parents left to me, and wonder if I inadvertently use strange island-twisted expressions o_O

Do peeps call cuttlefish Calamari in North America... or is that only when this is battered and cooked?

Btw...I was and still am very squeamish when it comes to the tentacles... I'd only eat the bodies which my parents would slice into rings... DEEEEEEEEElish

srilanka.jpg

gogo

wow...I'm so impressed that you know the word! I keep wondering about the vocabulary my parents left to me, and wonder if I inadvertently use strange island-twisted expressions o_O

Do peeps call cuttlefish Calamari in North America... or is that only when this is battered and cooked?

Btw...I was and still am very squeamish when it comes to the tentacles... I'd only eat the bodies which my parents would slice into rings... DEEEEEEEEElish

srilanka.jpg

gogo

The only Calimari I have seen and tasted was the sliced rings, breaded and deep fried. tentacles make you queasy but you eat snails?

OK Gogo I recognize calmar, calamar, calmarès, but what the hell are "cuttlefish". If they are anything like as good as the aforesaid calmar, etc. etc.....fried, battered, done with all sorts of sauces ... yeah ... gimme ... gimme.

Er ... what has all this to do with your fabulous new avatar? As if it wasn't obvious.

Edited by Bondbug
OK Gogo I recognize calmar, calamar, calmarès, but what the hell are "cuttlefish". If they are anything like as good as the aforesaid calmar, etc. etc.....fried, battered, done with all sorts of sauces ... yeah ... gimme ... gimme.

Er ... what has all this to do with your fabulous new avatar? As if it wasn't obvious.

It's Squid! Cuttlefish is just a common name for a species of squid! Calamari is just the prepared name for when it hits the plate.

Mmm. It would be a pity to chop up Gogo's avatar and chuck it in the chip pan.

Have you ever bought squid from the market and cleaned and prepared it for cooking? Messy, but interesting.

And we have all sorts of name for squid for eating here, but cuttlefish and calamari are not among them, though calamari comes close - what language is calamari?

Edited by Bondbug

Italian, of course, spot on. It certainly isn't Irish.

"calamari ripieni" (stuffed squid), and "calamari in insalata alla genovese", which sounds more impressive than "squid salad"

Edited by Bondbug
  • 4 years later...

I dug up Telari's beautifull distinctive avatar she made me for my birthday a few years ago. It's a stunning example of her artwork, which you can in our SacredWiki and in some pages of DarkMatters.

had put on the avatar a few days ago and just thought now to give a bump to her topic on this as my smile of respect and thanks.

:hugs: @ Telari

:gogo:

gogo