Treasure Queen!

Yet another odd find to get some feed back from everyone else on.

Is it just me or does High elf seem to have a natural E.P. boonus. Ive played every class to atleast 75 in this game and ive notice a serious comonality. That cant be purely coincidental. On high elf I seem to be geeting quite a bit more drops then any other class. From rare weapons to set eqipment(the sets seem to drop alot faster w/ alot less time ingame played or map un covered) you name it I find it and lot more of it on High Elf. Oh and to answer your question to me no I havent picked E.P. or Nor do I have any chance to find gear on. So Holla back what do you think?

You might be on to something there as I too have gotten some great amounts of not so common uniques with my non EP HE, but of course that could be just pure luck as the whole loot system is based around IMO.

I don't know about a natural advantage, but you can definitely find a lot of gear with a High Elf. I would just run the 4 guardians with my Pyromancer HE, and she found plenty of gear without EP. I actually gave her bargaining.

can't tell about any difference in classes..

I got a level 40 HE only need to kill last boss in Silver ..

first character .. only played story line and a bit of side quests and found 3 unique staffs 3 set items

don't know if that's a lot.. doesn't seem like it though :]

only got it from bosses..

which btw, don't drop a lot of sets / uniqs when you run them in free world :'(

can't tell about any difference in classes..

I got a level 40 HE only need to kill last boss in Silver ..

first character .. only played story line and a bit of side quests and found 3 unique staffs 3 set items

don't know if that's a lot.. doesn't seem like it though :]

only got it from bosses..

which btw, don't drop a lot of sets / uniqs when you run them in free world :'(

Free world/Offline farming is tough. Patience and persistence are your only hope of finding them. Apparently, if you can farm online/LAN (private game, obv) 3-stars drop a lot more frequently in free world. Unfortunatley I cannot try that 8(

Personally, I only farm griffin (bronze) for set pieces. I can do about 30-40 runs in an hour, and get 6-10 set pieces. If I get "on a roll" I'll get 12 or 13 per hour. Needless to say it's frustrating when off-class items drop.

I farm griffin qite often as well and the wrong class drops suck<,<. Nothing worse then knowing the boss that you are killing 100% drops your item but wont give up the goods. Farming an hour for that one pice bites but thats part of the challenge. I usually do it in freeworld private.

I farm griffin qite often as well and the wrong class drops suck<,<. Nothing worse then knowing the boss that you are killing 100% drops your item but wont give up the goods. Farming an hour for that one pice bites but thats part of the challenge. I usually do it in freeworld private.

Online? What are your unique drop rates like when farming Griffin? I ran him for 1/2 hour this morning, and got 3.

Results are in. There not what you would expect but worth mentioning. allright so lets go thru the facts first then the results.

10 hours of game play

21% map revealed

NO E.P. Or chance to find gear on

level 43

Gold difficulty

Online In Private mode!

after 30 mins and 16 kills I walked away w/ 9 peices of set equipment. For high Elf only, not one peice that dropped was for another job. I also got some nice shiny weapons and rings galore. So you tell me what you think.

Edited by karruptedkat
Results are in. There not what you would expect but worth mentioning. allright so lets go thru the facts first then the results.

10 hours of game play

21% map revealed

NO E.P. Or chance to find gear on

level 43

Gold difficulty

Online In Private mode!

after 30 mins and 16 kills I walked away w/ 9 peices of set equipment. For high Elf only, not one peice that dropped was for another job. I also got some nice shiny weapons and rings galore. So you tell me what you think.

Offline drop rates are horrible.

Online farming = Good stuff! That's what I thought the drops should be like. (for everyone)

Looks like its triple the offline rates.

{rant}

Why would a developer make the drop rates in offline mode more rare? I'm by no means an online gamer, so community considerations I understand, but not fully. With a network of individuals who can play simultaneously can gather MUCH more rare goodies in the same amount of time an offline gamer can alone (or even co-op), wouldn't you think the droprates should be the same for online/offline, or even better in offline. Yes, I realize if drop rates were better offline, then most people would play offline (definitely for farming, anyway).

The one thing I really wonder about is: are developers receiving incentives from online providers for something like this?

{end rant}

I forgot my stats for farming:

6 or 7 %(unsure) MF from chest of time set piece (wearing to try to force time pieces to drop)

map reveal 25% (not a large effect for console anyway)

level 40

EP 58

farming griffin in bronze one-shot kill 100% of the time.

I timed a 10-min run and had 9 kills (0 unique drops). That was "as fast" as I can, but included 3-5 mis-clicks (ie hitting start of select, etc).

Unique drops are weird, sometimes we get 2 in a row, then nothing for the next 20 kills. Then 3 in a row, etc.

I've been thinking the same thing!

TWO valera's chest guards in one drop from white griff, next game ANOTHER Valera chest guard and chest piece of time. I never have as good of luck as I do with other chars. Oh yes, and my first lightsaber was found on my HE, AS A DROP! Was only level 21 also xP

Why are online rates better? Are the enemies tougher?

I think the real reason (ranting aside) is that the game was developed for online community gaming; the offline drop rates are lower not because it was intentionally done, just because of the coding and the way some of the "randomness" is handled in an offline enviroment.

Still a guess, tho.

Idk I played on my high elf to 37 and got only 1 legendAry and some set items qnd unique weApons I played shadow warrior to 36 I got over 15 uniques and some legendaries.

Idk I played on my high elf to 37 and got only 1 legendAry and some set items qnd unique weApons I played shadow warrior to 36 I got over 15 uniques and some legendaries.

What are set items? Do they show up differently? Do they have set bonus of some sort?

My wife and I have been playing for over a week now. We still haven't seen any special items.

We have seem items that sold for a good 30k. That's pretty good value for us.

What are set items? Do they show up differently? Do they have set bonus of some sort?

My wife and I have been playing for over a week now. We still haven't seen any special items.

We have seem items that sold for a good 30k. That's pretty good value for us.

I havent noticed anything different about the way set items show up other than they've all been 3-star items and it says 'Set:' in the item stats.....I've gotten probably 10 set items by level 45 but I've got a lot of time in the char.

HI mainerunr

set items are the highest combinations of sockets and number of mods per piece. As well, on top of that, when combined they give the player bonuses that scale upwards.

In the case of , for example, Detheya's Agility the life leech is significantly powerful as it's last bonus. Extra Skills and Combat Art levels also serve as bonuses for this set.

:o

gogo

:evil:

gogo