Looking for tips on armor stats for a new Shadow Warrior/to the game

ashoof

Hi, im new to sacred 2 and the sacred games in general,ive been reading a little bit on differnt forums on the various skills and builds of the shadowarriors out there, but a lot of the posts are written with the idea that the reader is familiar with the game,witch im not.after playing around with a 1st shadow warrior then remaking him after I had a small idea of what I was doing lol I finally decided on a shadow warrior going hafted weapons and focusing on 2handers, my guy is currently level 12. but my question here is, I dont know what kind of stats on my gear I should be looking for theres so many stats and I dont understand enough to figure out what in particular I should be focusing on. think you guys could give me a hand with some tips? if you need to know anything about my character let me know and I can get you the info.

Have you looked on the wiki? Here. Its a good place to start.

This page should help you, I would look for items with Chance that opponents cannot evade hits as with 2 handed hafted you will want to hit as often as possible.

What skills where you thinking of taking?

thanks for the reply and the links! the skills I have now are hafted weapons, tactics lore, armor lore, rideing, death wariror focus. I want to get enhanced perception combat discipline, was thinking either damage lore or speed lore. any opinions on changes I should make let me know.

For the remaining skills I would take(if you want Enhanced Perception(EP) that is), EP, Concentration, Malevolent Champion Focus, Constitution and Combat Discipline.

But if you're not going to take EP I would suggest Toughness instead, EP may seems to be a good skill pick for better loot, but I'll say you will get heaps of good items without it.

For the remaining skills I would take(if you want Enhanced Perception(EP) that is), EP, Concentration, Malevolent Champion Focus, Constitution and Combat Discipline.

But if you're not going to take EP I would suggest Toughness instead, EP may seems to be a good skill pick for better loot, but I'll say you will get heaps of good items without it.

Don't forget EP is a secondary skill on Shadow Warriors, he will need to take something like blacksmithing first to open it up. This is a pain I agree but what can we do? I would go with toughness instead to get around this - I have played enough shadow warriors to know you get plenty of drops without EP.

Most of my shadow warriors had the same build structure after I was told what my mistakes were:

As much as I love the tank, he's pretty simple to make.

Here;

1. Take skills in this order;

Combat Art's, Offensive, Defensive, General (it's best to do this with any character really).

Only weird part is take tactics first.

There is no need to take armor lore so early. Enemies in bronze/silver don't pack a punch at all.

The following works for just about any Shadow Warrior;

1. Tactics

2. Death Warrior

3. Malevolent

4. Concentration

5. *Weapon Lore of your choice* - I strongly advise all Shadow Warrior's forget a shield.

He's such a beefcake you really don't need it. 2h axe/dual/2h sword/polearm are the only options in my mind.

6. Armor Lore

7. Constitution

8. *Defensive Skill of your choice* - I recommend toughness. At high (Combat Art) levels, RE and Grim are pretty much all the defense you need.

9. *Open Skill* - I took blacksmith. I needed a forger. Hasn't slowed him one bit, as he's a beefcake. Did I mention he's a beefcake?

10. **Netherworld Focus/Combat Discipline** - two final options I see.

One, CD is combos, damage, regens. I always take CD with a char, so this was my choice.

However, if you take the focus, it is to mod Shadow Veil into a buff, and then just eat Dorito's.

This layout is probably 99% of all Shadow Warrior's in some manner, and is really almost a 'template.'

It's hard liking the tank when it's so basic to build, but I do :)

Hope it helps,

Cheers.

That was posted on the Sacred International Forums, which are currently hard to get to.

As for riding, there are too many people on these forums that think skill is a good choice for me to argue. I generally don't take the skill but that could be just me.

Edited by colif

Don't forget EP is a secondary skill on Shadow Warriors, he will need to take something like blacksmithing first to open it up. This is a pain I agree but what can we do? I would go with toughness instead to get around this - I have played enough shadow warriors to know you get plenty of drops without EP.

Don't forget that he already have Riding selected, Riding is not as bad as many think as I have taken it on my Temple Guardian and it works out great as it helps against the massive regens he has on his Source Warden Combat Art's.

hey, thanks for the tips guys they were a big help with the suggestions and especially the sample template build! it gives me a idea of how most Shadow Warrior's are build, so I can see what the more important skills to take are and and see what I might be able to change for something more my play style. I really have nothing to give in return for your help, so if your ever in MI stop by and ill make up some steaks and fries lol. srsly thou, I appreciate it im one of thous sticklers who doesnt like to go to far into something he doesn't understand. this gave me a better idea of what I was doing.