Minion control not working properly since patch?

Zatoichi

I haven't used minions since 2.40. Today I had a bit of fun with the spectral soldiers, and thought I'd set their tactics.

What happens is that the range got mixed up with the actual commands.

-"Stay near me" is now medium range,

-"Medum range" is now far range,

-"Far range" is now "Stay near me" range.

I dunno how much other ppl use minions and if they do give commands, and if they do - did they notice this?

Curious at what point this got mixed up. Ice and Blood, 2.65.1 or 2.65.2...?

hmmm, I didn't notice this. I'd only used minions for my dryad pre ice and blood... I will open up a dryad to check this out.

:D

gogo

I did however,

but not sure what caused it:

either as the thread-starter suspected, the patching to 2.65.1 or 2.65.2

or, maybe custom options made prior or after any of these patches.. (or, the deletion of the options file, and the newly generated default file would have wrong settings then)

does anyone know what settings / text strings I would have to look for in the game-files to find out if you can manually fix it by editing it back?

With my Vodoo/Nature dryad using the Minion I had alot of problems with the way he attacked (or didn't). After I finally got a yellow dragon head I found puttin him on the "Far Range" and "Attack Seperately" he went absolutely postal. Lil Fella would not wait for any action from me, running around at 150 speed and biting everything. When I would highlight (just holding cursor above the target) he would run to it and attack, If I would attack my target he will find something else on screen to kill. If he already killed them then he will come to my side. This really helped me to use my Viperish disease and Tangled Vines before he went and killed everything.

edit:

did some testing, found a possible workaround/solution for this glich with mixed up descriptions for current minion 'aggro' range:

if not key_bindings then 
key_bindings = {
binding_call_specialpet = 45,
binding_toggle_minion_attackmode = 53,
binding_toggle_minion_attackrange = 43,
binding_minion_status = 52,
}
end

now you could try to change your default keys for commanding the minions and getting their status displayed, directly ingame-menu and see how and if the above entries change next time u restart the exe..

but regardless of this, without changing the standard ingame keyboard-settings I was able reproduce and fix these messed up descriptions:

let's say, initally ,

everything is okay and when you hit your default button as many times as you want that changes the aggro range cycles through all 3 modes, showing the correct corresponding range+description.

now hit your default key that changes their 'attack mode' one time, tells you either 'alone' or 'grouped' . this will now break the info shown for the 'change aggro range' key if you would press that first one again

now you will get a messed up info for the 'aggro range' status whenever you cycle through the 3 modes with that button

to fix everyhting again, simply press again the 'attack mode' that cycles between the 2 modes 'grouped' and 'alone' (or what ever theyre called in your localisation)

short conclusion:

the button that changes the minions attack mode (from 'A - as group' to '´B- alone') or the other way round, each time it is pressed one single time,

it will either break OR fix the description after using the other button, that changes the 3 'aggro range' modes (very close, medium, far away)

edit2:

well that's still odd, if you would try to get the status 'attack range-far away' plus 'as group' for the 3rd key, the 'status-show-all' button...

I am no longer sure if it is only the descriptions that get messed up, or their effective function also, (if functional at all in the first place)

next time I try a build with minions, I'll check if you could tell when on screen of a foe thats too far away so that it would start attack you, but your minion would start attack the monster if set to 'far away'

(as it definitely worked before the addon in 2.43, for a dryad+yellow shrunken head-scorpion pet ..for example)

what still does work at least, and also in the addon, is shift+left click to 'send/comman' a minion/pet to attack a specfic foe you select that way

edit3:

made a new inqu in Lan with a %LLing compagnion, to test a new configuration for my closed MP multi-instance boss farmers (5x Sacred 2 on 1PC)..

anyways, I noticed when the 'aggro range' status indicators (circle+text) get messed, the 'real actual' status is the one from the circle shown,

like the large circle actually rly is 'far range' and not ''stay near me'' as text says

------------

hope that did help, for me it's solved and done.

Edited by Rotluchs