Need advice on skills for Blacksmith and EP Shadow Warior

I'm basically using a modified list from the guides section, but I have one problem. This is my first character on the PC and I was looking at making a blacksmither and EP (armor finder) Character. This puts me in a dilemma because I'm having trouble deciding what to cut out or keep in my build. Here is the original list:

Armor Lore

Constitution

Concentration

Astral Lord Lore

Astral Lord Focus

Tactics Lore

Dual Wield

Malevolent

Combat Discipline

Ancient Magic

And here is my list:

Armor Lore

Concentration

Astral Lord Lore

Astral Lord Focus

Tactics Lore

Malevolent

Combat Discipline

Ancient Magic

Blacksmith

Enhanced Perception

I'm currently planning on taking out constitution and Dual wield. I'm going to be using two-handers. I would normally replace Dual Wield with Hafted Weapons, but I have run out of room for skills.

Am I running into trouble not having a skill for attack value?

My Strategy was to allow my skeletons to work and sprinkle in a few Combat Art's here and there (Skele tower, spectral hand). I'm currently thinking that having no attack value would only affect Frenzied Rampage for me (I'm not using the Death Warrior tree except for buffs)

My other question is:

Is Tactics Lore actually going to improve damage for any Combat Art's (Spectral hand)? If not, would it be better to switch it for Hafted (or another skill) and lose the abilitiy to modify my Death Warrior tree (For Buffs)?

My apologies for the wall of text. I'm currently at level 12 and rising, but I wanted to run this past some of the veterans who have more experience on the PC and in general with Sacred 2 mechanics. Feel free to offer any suggestions on skills. Keep in mind I'm trying to pave the way for other characters with this one.

a few more random questions:

-Can you really only get the bonuses from 3 relics at a time? On the console you could have 6 equipped and receive the bonus from them.

-Are there any runes I should chow down for this build? Example, Nether Allegience, Shadow veil ( I know those don't become better until the higher Combat Art levels)

Edited by locoloco
  • 1 month later...

I can answer a few of your questions, as I'm currently doing this build, except minus m-champion, with hafted. I'm only at level 23, but so far, I just got the buff for shadow. So first things's first.

For attack, so far the Augmenting Guidon has made it so I hit stuff usually, making hitting not much of a problem. Which attack rating does affect spectral hand also.

As for tactics lore, I'm honestly not sure, although I don't think it'd have an affect, as spectral seems 2 take the base damage... but don't take my word for that :)

You can only get 3 relics at a time. You can alternate between 4 different sets, but at once, you can only gain the benefits from 3.

As for runes, you want to keep eating Nether Allegiance, and Shadow veil until u get 100% chance to not be detected when casting spells. As for the others, eat as long as they have reasonable cooldown times, although keep spectral hand at 1.

Incase you havn't looked at these guides, I suggest u do, as it's wat I've based mine off ^_^

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9855

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12350