Greed...

rhs408

Greed is nice. In a netherworld-focus-only-build you will probably bring the focus just to mastery. With 75 modification points you just need the bronze modification and can save a lot of modification points. So you can get dislodged spirit till silver for attribute reducing which is useful in boss fights too. Soul reaver and paralyzing thread can be fully modified this way. Greed is a very useful thing, esspecially if you don't have to care about regeneration times. Since it is done after a fight even booster slots for just greed can make sense.

I see you play console so you can't play our character in the AddON. He cleans only half the screen with a staff mutilation, but in difference to the dryad he can wear gloves which reduce reflection. Our got dual wield and staff lore. So even mutilation uses only the right hand, the x% life leech from the kaldur's in the left hand are carried to the staff attack.

But I still have very mixed feelings towards staff characters with circle-attacks.

Edited by chattius

I tried out greed a bit last night, so far I think that it is bugged, for PS3 at least... I have yet to see any items pop out of a corpse yet. Can any other PS3 users confirm?

I was just having bad luck at first, Greed does work. Nice to use after clearing a large mob, usually at least one item (or clump of items) pops out. Haven't gotten any unique or sets from it yet, have gotten a couple nice rares though.

Just one question....

Wiki says :Causes corpses to explode, inflicting damage to nearby opponents.

But when I'm done whit the Clustering Maelstrom + Ruthless Mutilation combo to get a good pile of bodies.

Only one explodes when I try Eruptive Desecration. ( I found it also hard to even execute the combat art... )

Is there some big secret to it?

( I have the pc version fully up to date with the addon)

Just one question....

Wiki says :Causes corpses to explode, inflicting damage to nearby opponents.

But when I'm done whit the Clustering Maelstrom + Ruthless Mutilation combo to get a good pile of bodies.

Only one explodes when I try Eruptive Desecration. ( I found it also hard to even execute the combat art... )

Is there some big secret to it?

( I have the pc version fully up to date with the addon)

one corpse explodes per cast

Edited by SolomonGrundy

I was trying to build a boss farmer using Disloged Spirit as the boss killer and greed to get extra items. The gold RpH mod now works for for DS and regens fully on anything under 7 seconds. Strangely it misses the Griffen boss most of the time though and won't regen, didn't think spells could miss but this one certainly does. Maybe the griffen has very high spell resistance causing DS to miss but didn't think it was possible.

It was going well until I realised that Greed is useless for most bosses incuding the guardians, as they explode upon death and don't leave a body :bounce: Dragons and some of the mini-bosses are ok.

After eating 50 runes in ED and modding for greed, I haven't seen a single extra item yet in Ice and Blood. Not sure if greed works anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
I was trying to build a boss farmer using Disloged Spirit as the boss killer and greed to get extra items. The gold RpH mod now works for for DS and regens fully on anything under 7 seconds. Strangely it misses the Griffen boss most of the time though and won't regen, didn't think spells could miss but this one certainly does. Maybe the griffen has very high spell resistance causing DS to miss but didn't think it was possible.

It was going well until I realised that Greed is useless for most bosses incuding the guardians, as they explode upon death and don't leave a body :) Dragons and some of the mini-bosses are ok.

After eating 50 runes in ED and modding for greed, I haven't seen a single extra item yet in Ice and Blood. Not sure if greed works anymore.

it works on x360, but nothing above a 1*, anyone done better on 360? I'm thinking that drop rate affects greed drop rate, so testers with high "chance to find valuables" gear on might be nice...

Oh, and the rate on the wiki is pretty far off. It seems, from my limited (a few 100 enemies), that this is more like (9.9% +.1% per level)

I'm considering resetting...not sure if it really makes a difference or not

I'm also fairly sure you can only get items that the enemy would normally drop...I've gotten a few heath/mentor potions from animals. I guess this could be used to help farm mentor potions...I guess kind of a stretch though.

PS: Greed is level 25

PPS: I wonder if lore affects quality/likelihood of items dropped...?