Gold and getting smashed at end boss..help please

ok so, I am at the end game on gold and am getting killed alot by the end bosses and by the reg mobs just trying to get to the boss room on respawn

smashed through silver with very little problem

2900 general armor

level 53

I am:

armor lore @ level

constitution

haft weapon

MC focus

speed lore

blk smith

Enhanced Perception

tactics @ level

concentration

the rest of the points are spread around at random

so any advice? I switched to a shield and one handed axe, but I usually use a 2 handed and am still geting hit for 3800-4000 a hit at boss, dying faster than I can use pots

Edited by gogoblender

The guardians in gold are at least level 66, so maybe you're just a bit to low for them. I would chose toughness as the last skill for a better defence. Then you have to use the right relics for the guardians (north: magic, west: fire, east: ice, south: poison).

Like Slevin said, good baseline build is important to take out the guardians, but that's only the beginning. I would say relics are nighimportant to really buy you some assurance. And if you've got really relics and are good with the flip dial, you'll see your damage scoring quickly, while shouldering their massive attacks...mostly .

Good luck with the legendary hunting!

:P

gogo

P.s this is a fun thread for end bosses and legendaries:

Secrets of Getting Legendaries

I would say the most important relics to wear when going against the guardians is the Arcane ones, due to the spells from the spawned Temple Guardian's that's can damage even more than a guardian crit.

Pop out the Banner,and use the combat art that raises your attack value,forget the name,if you realy want to try to beat them.If you beat gold at that low of a level with out over powered gear wait till plat. the enemies start out around 75 and a group of kobolds can take you out,I have had it happen and its not funny. :)

I find relics REALLY help with weathering the guardians. I don't know why noone has done it yet... but it really should be mapped exactly which of the guardians in the cardinal directions have the different element setups. For example, I find that when I am doing runs, I was always entering the room by the same door. After a matter of testing I was able to determine for...from that same door I was entering by, which Guardian would attack me first and which relic shield I would have to throw up.

My order was magic, fire ice poison.

The poison guardian has the HUGEST number of healthpoints.

Depending on which door you enter through your order may be different. Don't discount the use of the relics make sure you have the absolute highest resistances you can possibly socket in and go on...

make that run

r a w r !

:oooo:

p.s R A W R! :D

I find relics REALLY help with weathering the guardians. I don't know why noone has done it yet... but it really should be mapped exactly which of the guardians in the cardinal directions have the different element setups. For example, I find that when I am doing runs, I was always entering the room by the same door. After a matter of testing I was able to determine for...from that same door I was entering by, which Guardian would attack me first and which relic shield I would have to throw up.

My order was magic, fire ice poison.

The poison guardian has the HUGEST number of healthpoints.

Depending on which door you enter through your order may be different. Don't discount the use of the relics make sure you have the absolute highest resistances you can possibly socket in and go on...

make that run

r a w r !

:viking:

p.s R A W R! :D

AAAAhhhhh! Run Away........ :oooo::oooo: :oooo: