Hands free Inquisition! (inquisitor)

I just recently found a little trick which is fun to watch but I was wondering why I havent saw a build of this sort. Dabbling in different styles of Inquisitor I chose an option that made me go wth.

Reverse polarity Is extremely over powered most Inquisitor builds Say choose Rebound over sphere but they were obvisously thinking short term. If you Pick Sphere omg the damage of it is insane. I walk around now w/ it off sometimes just so I can gather enough mobs to cast Clustering Malestrom. Yes I take off a buff so I dont kill all the mobs trying to heard them to cast C.M.,L.A.,R.M, If you boost up magic its damage will increase to a very high rate so that all you do is run around collecting experience. Ill shoot some vids and link them to this post. W/ R.P. modded Sphere,Counterblow,Evade and P.C. modded: Mystic,Eradicate,Hallow its extremly lethal.

Just some food for thought.

I just recently found a little trick which is fun to watch but I was wondering why I havent saw a build of this sort. Dabbling in different styles of Inquisitor I chose an option that made me go wth.

Reverse polarity Is extremely over powered most Inquisitor builds Say choose Rebound over sphere but they were obvisously thinking short term. If you Pick Sphere omg the damage of it is insane. I walk around now w/ it off sometimes just so I can gather enough mobs to cast Clustering Malestrom. Yes I take off a buff so I dont kill all the mobs trying to heard them to cast C.M.,L.A.,R.M, If you boost up magic its damage will increase to a very high rate so that all you do is run around collecting experience. Ill shoot some vids and link them to this post. W/ R.P. modded Sphere,Counterblow,Evade and P.C. modded: Mystic,Eradicate,Hallow its extremly lethal.

So, you think this toon can do AFK experience farming? Gronkor's cave with the ogre summoners sounds like fun!

Or do we need to watch and use health potions occasionally?

He is pretty strong... at least the damage is enormouos on the Combat Art...but he's very skimpy with hp and screams like a girl when anyone comes up close to whack him one.

What are your long term feelings on viability on this build... can it make it to Niobium.

:P

gogo

I wouldn't risk AFKing with this. Unless you're 75+ with in-combat regen from Constitution you're risking getting hit from range and dying because you don't heal. Sphere only works in close range.

As to the viability Gogo... from the limited testing I'd done on it I'd say it has a potential to do a decent amount of damage in higher difficulties.

Basing it on the damage from T-Energy Shroud modded for Derogate, the damage is viable to at least weaken normal enemies and champions (that+Combat Alert reflect will have them kill themselves at a decent pace, at least pre-2.43, I have to retest my damage and rings now in Ice and Blood). Add to that fact that Hallow by itself is roughly as powerful as Aspect/Tactics Lore (if you keep it at a decent level) and Mystic doubles that, you have a lot more potential Magic Damage% than a Temple Guardian would.

The issue I see with the mod, and I'm considering using it... is that you have to essentially choose between melee range damage ticks and Spell Reflect, considering the danger of spells at higher levels the choice becomes harder to make. (It's easy to avoid all physical damage as an Inqui with Soul Reaver, but spell damage isn't affected by attack rating).

So yes it can make you very powerful, but at the same time it leaves you more vulnerable to the most dangerous foes.

I chose "sphere"

The damage is quite good (and I don't have focus which would allow me to crank to higher levels). At level 100 my buff is only level 27.

My reasoning was that Combat Arts seemed most dangerous when they came from bosses. I lock down bosses with Inexorable Subjugation. So the biggest danger seems to come from champions using stun-type Combat Arts, and the minions pecking away at me.

So far the melee (and ranged) reflect has saved my bacon.

I do have Con mastered, and sould reaver heals me everytime a souls is collected as well

Edited by SolomonGrundy

@SolomonGrundy

I can see the logic of that yes.

However, the %LL enemies are not bosses, and you can run into them more than one at a time, which means you won't be able to lock them all down. It's a case like that that leaves me worried about completely omitting Spell Reflect (especially since my build would be playing with low'er' hp, once I get around to it.

@SolomonGrundy

I can see the logic of that yes.

However, the %LL enemies are not bosses, and you can run into them more than one at a time, which means you won't be able to lock them all down. It's a case like that that leaves me worried about completely omitting Spell Reflect (especially since my build would be playing with low'er' hp, once I get around to it.

Smart. On the console we don't have % LL enemies (not that I am aware of). that would kill my buzz for sure

I personally haven't gone up against them yet in Ice and Blood, however I do remember the Demon Mages/Champs in the Wasteland being able to hit for irritatingly large amounts of damage in 2.40. Of course that is a small portion of the game, but it's still worth noting such enemies are there.

Not to mention spell reflect can throw the evil Temple Guardian traps back at them instead of hitting you, saving you a large burst of damage.

I personally haven't gone up against them yet in Ice and Blood, however I do remember the Demon Mages/Champs in the Wasteland being able to hit for irritatingly large amounts of damage in 2.40. Of course that is a small portion of the game, but it's still worth noting such enemies are there.

Not to mention spell reflect can throw the evil Temple Guardian traps back at them instead of hitting you, saving you a large burst of damage.

hm. That's a LL% they throw? Interesting. Those guys have not troubled me overmuch, however those lil balls of energy on drya island and found with the temple guardians do make me quiver with fear. I can't seem to figure out whether it is worth it to slot extra ice mitigation by wearing 3 pieces of the Catharsis set...

Magic Mitigation would be better against the Fen Fires, as it seems that they do magic damage while they shot and ice in melee range.

Just fries gogo? Add gravy and cheese and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

And yes, it's LL, you can tell in 2.40 on those red spike things because it deals "Additional Damage". It's % Based so even nastier than it seems. Of course if consoles don't have the Additional Damage added from LL you're 'safe' against that.

And yes, Fen Fires are Magic Damage, and a lot of it (especially since they weaken to boot)

Ooh, this sounds like a pretty little trick. I'll have to try that out with a toon and some of my strategies, and see what happens (whenever I can, that is).

Thanks for the info, karru!

~Jaggy